Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 05:58

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Project] Editing DLL's

Discussion on [Project] Editing DLL's within the Mabinogi forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Project] Editing DLL's

Alright, Since Lemu is strict as hell, I'll let you guys in on a little project I'm working on. This is beyond just Pleione.dll These strings are actually located in another one of the DLL's (Not Skill.dll) But I load Pleione because it loads all the other DLL's as well.

I'm attempting to find which string needs to be changed to attain that "Never miss" Magnum shot (Just to confirm if it really is a DLL edit, or a packet edit). IBWK On faucet posted a semi-nice guide to viewing HP in negatives, but didn't really explain WHAT we were changing and WHY.

Here's what I've found so far:

Thanks
1 User
Old 11/08/2009, 21:26   #2

you can get "never miss" magnum from packet editing, it also shoots instantly, kinda like the harder version of SoG.
Old 11/09/2009, 06:03   #3

@jets2fly2
incorrect... never miss magnum is infect a standard.dll edit
Old 11/09/2009, 06:25   #4

no no no no no please dont give archers yet another reason to spam. this game is already biased towards archers as it is

this is one of the very few mods in which i agree that creators should keep them locked and safe. give us 100 percent enchant rate instead :>
Old 11/09/2009, 20:57   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjoker5 View Post
no no no no no please dont give archers yet another reason to spam. this game is already biased towards archers as it is

this is one of the very few mods in which i agree that creators should keep them locked and safe. give us 100 percent enchant rate instead :>
LOL!

Never would have expected that from YOU.
Old 11/09/2009, 21:46   #6

This will give birth to even more weak archers.
Old 11/10/2009, 01:36   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huynh. View Post
This will give birth to even more weak archers.
not only that. but now everyone with a nib ego bow and ar will turn to a god and start rubbing it into the non archers' faces. last thing we need is more goddam arrogant archers *cough.. cough.. DREAMS! (fuckthem)*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raccoon View Post
LOL!

Never would have expected that from YOU.
LOL heres the thing about me. its not that im against mods being locked up or kept private and shit. its just that im really reserved with stuff like that. for example my best friend keeps asking me how he can turn pvp off while dead. i have so far refused to hand over jinsu simply because i dont trust him to NOT spread it forward like wildfire then next thing i know camping (which i love) is dead because he started handing out jinsu out of an UN truck and now every noob has it. so you can basically say i am mad because those so called "private" mods arent being shared with me but yet you share them with some people in the UG which whether you know it or not ARE leeches and DO pass em off to other people. and it makes me even more mad that i cant be a part of that just because i am not a coder like you guys. i choose not to code its boring, it doesnt interest me one bit and honestly i would rather put my skills to work for something i love not something i hate just so i can get some game mods.

/endrant

<3 raccoon

BUT BACK ON TOPIC, range editing is probably not the only thing that can be done through dll editing. kage back in lemu was talking about gettin 100 percent enchant rate, using broken scrolls and even gettin rid of the need for pre enchants all together.
Old 11/10/2009, 02:15   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsworddd View Post
@jets2fly2
Well, PM me the info you know on this?
Old 11/10/2009, 02:50   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsworddd View Post
@jets2fly2
i can do it with PE, so... not technically incorrect. want me to demonstrate? get a char on Ruairi and add me. IGN: Falingrave

Quote:

BUT BACK ON TOPIC, range editing is probably not the only thing that can be done through dll editing. kage back in lemu was talking about gettin 100 percent enchant rate, using broken scrolls and even gettin rid of the need for pre enchants all together.
true, confirmed by one of my friends, however i cant tell you who he is, or anything else.. he wont even give it to me ._.
Old 11/10/2009, 04:14   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldeel View Post
dont know much only know this much because i asked many never miss magnumers
Old 11/10/2009, 04:45   #11

Oh man by reading this thread I'm so majorly interested all of a sudden.

Been playing since beta but nothing has interested me as much as your dll editing with ollydbg :P either way I know that's no excuse because right now what I want is that magnum shot never miss >:O

Okay I know @redjoker5

There are bishes tempted to go noob on everyone who doesnt know about this. BUT think about this.

So let's plot out this scenario right now. I want magnum (yes I do but that's unrelated hehe). Some random guy releases to public. Now because no one has released it to public before, it gets so popular, almost every archer in erinn has it. Later, nexon bans it and now poof, no ones gonna call anyone noobs anymore. (that, or nexon is nooby and doesn't care as long as they get cash. But now no ones gonna call anyone noob because everyone has it.)

OKAY I KNOW! I'm a noob because I don't know any programming languages, I do recognize them but I haven't bothered to learn and exploring languages doesn't get you anywhere. Trust me I've tried it and everyone knows

Oh and some backup for people saying new noob archers are going to be born... well let me tell you, I am a skilled archer yet I find it very easy to arch, it doesn't really require skill for me. What I'm saying here is that I'm a normal everyday person but I'm able to arch easily, anyone can (THAT or I'm a cheap overpowered elf that kills everyone plus I'm an otaku nerd who stays home everyday to watch anime). Look..... ITS BETTER FOR MORE ARCHERS TO BE BORN..... more than 70% of society today who are not advanced players are melee users or hybrid magic melee users. No one bothers to go arching unless they have played a bit.... WE NEED ARCHERS. Plus there are some other idiots who all aim for advanced magic or go Ice spear spamming and youve got no way to win... You think archers are overpowered? Id like to prevent camping with this :P

back on @aldeel
IF you ever find out about how to get it to work, give me a push in the direction or something pretty please ;D
Oh and no offense meant, and I'll be truly gratified for my entire life if you can provide me with any information with how to find this (even if it be in a PM) :3
Old 11/10/2009, 05:35   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldeel View Post
okay, now that you've seen my way work, we both know that the .dll editing is overly complicated for such a simple thing, agreed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichigoyeh View Post

Been playing since beta but nothing has interested me as much as your dll editing with ollydbg :P either way I know that's no excuse because right now what I want is that magnum shot never miss >:O

Okay I know @redjoker5

There are bishes tempted to go noob on everyone who doesnt know about this. BUT think about this.

So let's plot out this scenario right now. I want magnum (yes I do but that's unrelated hehe). Some random guy releases to public. Now because no one has released it to public before, it gets so popular, almost every archer in erinn has it. Later, nexon bans it and now poof, no ones gonna call anyone noobs anymore. (that, or nexon is nooby and doesn't care as long as they get cash. But now no ones gonna call anyone noob because everyone has it.)

OKAY I KNOW! I'm a noob because I don't know any programming languages, I do recognize them but I haven't bothered to learn and exploring languages doesn't get you anywhere. Trust me I've tried it and everyone knows

Oh and some backup for people saying new noob archers are going to be born... well let me tell you, I am a skilled archer yet I find it very easy to arch, it doesn't really require skill for me. What I'm saying here is that I'm a normal everyday person but I'm able to arch easily, anyone can (THAT or I'm a cheap overpowered elf that kills everyone plus I'm an otaku nerd who stays home everyday to watch anime). Look..... ITS BETTER FOR MORE ARCHERS TO BE BORN..... more than 70% of society today who are not advanced players are melee users or hybrid magic melee users. No one bothers to go arching unless they have played a bit.... WE NEED ARCHERS. Plus there are some other idiots who all aim for advanced magic or go Ice spear spamming and youve got no way to win... You think archers are overpowered? Id like to prevent camping with this :P

back on @aldeel
IF you ever find out about how to get it to work, give me a push in the direction or something pretty please ;D
Oh and no offense meant, and I'll be truly gratified for my entire life if you can provide me with any information with how to find this (even if it be in a PM) :3
  • first, @ichigoyeh please learn english better o-e;

• second, no..... we don't need more archers ._.

everyone who gets their hands on an ego LLB (or makes an elf character) these days thinks there automatically a pro archer. your not. there's much more to it than just picking up a bow and spam clicking, though that's what most ignorant people think. it really annoys me too, after spending...whats it been now, 2 years? (since Beta) giving my main all the skills he needs to be good at it. After r1 Ar, r1 mag, r1 crit, and 3rd dan ranged (plus many more, but not ranged skills) i still don't know everything i can, i don't know every little tip and trick there is, and i get owned.. a lot. mostly by people with melee. which brings me to this, off topic.. but ill get back to it.. camping does not exist. /Le gasp. its simply killing someone before they get a chance to kill you. unfair? no. what.. you want me to let you get up and charge a skill before i kill you? uh no. its called strategy, and you have PvP on. deal with it.

/end archer-rant

• third: and about .dll edits and "never miss" mag.. yeah, i can do it with PE. its been proven by about 3 people so far from here. and i agree, i don't want to release it without checking with DR first, because a million little noob archers running around using that would ruin the game for everybody, and nobody wants that. so ill check with DR and have him approve it before i do anything, for those of you wanting it..

if there's anything wrong with anything i said, let me know guys.
Old 11/10/2009, 05:47   #13

To the two of you arguing, it can be done both ways, the packet filtering method is lamer and not really a permanent solution, basically you just send a success packet to the client every time you use magnum. Which since you just mentioned that, I'd have to assume that either range is the same way, or nexon really confuses me sometimes.

As for the dll edit, you're editing it before the packet is sent therefore permanently altering what the client sends to the server.

There are disadvantages to both:

Keeping an accurate packet filter and adjusting the socket that the packets go out on applies to every time you start up the client. (I'm a fan of WPE myself)

Every update you're gonna have to edit the dll, it'd be nice if you made a diff for it though (that's most likely what Jinsu does).

As for your last comment Jet making you think you're a pro modder for using a tool that hundreds of people use for spamming packets. -1

I mean what do people think Cheat Engine is?
Old 11/10/2009, 06:05   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichigoyeh View Post

Okay I know @redjoker5

back on @aldeel
yeah im sorry to disagree with you but the last thing we need is archers i dont know what server you play in but tarlach (where i play) is chock full of noobs with ego llbs and rank 1 ar that when they pvp all they know how to do is range range range. which like you said takes no skill to do at all. so while im trying to melee/mage im gettin hit from a mile away by a skill-less idiot. so yeah we either need for nexon to level the playing field or for people to stop being cowards and learn something that takes real skill.

@jets2fly2:
let me kindly say fuck off. im talkin on an internet forum not writing a goddam essay. go spellcheck someone else <3
Old 11/10/2009, 06:07   #15

okay first, I'm definitely not a pro modder, though i do hope to get better at it. but i do know some things, and the things that i know, i know. when i say "i don't want to release it" im talking about my personal bypass, and the working .dll for my PE, because the public .dll for it doesn't work/is detected, whereas mine isn't.

and I'm just saying that the .dll edit is a lot more complicated. and your kinda right about the first part. range is the same, so is Ar, and ice, and melee. basically any skill that attacks.. and as for adjusting the socket, it only takes one click to change that.

also, I'm not arguing with him, we talked on Skype about some things relating to it, and concluded that the PE method was way simpler. TBH... i don't really care if you waste your time editing any of Nexon's .dll's when i can just sit here and do the same thing in a couple clicks. But i agree as well, having it do it automatically would be a lot more convenient, however then you cant really control WHEN you want it to hit and when you want it to miss. you kinda need both, or someones gonna suspect something. plus then your right you gotta update the .dll each patch, which would get tiring.

personally, not a fan of WPE when i can use my PE and be undetected forever, instead of the average 10-15 minutes with WPE

and cheat engine is a memory editor...(duh) ._.

EDIT:

Quote:
yeah im sorry to disagree with you but the last thing we need is archers i dont know what server you play in but tarlach (where i play) is chock full of noobs with ego llbs and rank 1 ar that when they pvp all they know how to do is range range range. which like you said takes no skill to do at all. so while im trying to melee/mage im gettin hit from a mile away by a skill-less idiot. so yeah we either need for nexon to level the playing field or for people to stop being cowards and learn something that takes real skill.

@jets2fly2:
let me kindly say fuck off. im talkin on an internet forum not writing a goddam essay. go spellcheck someone else <3
my apologies, i was trying to quote someone else and failed. its been edited.
Closed Thread