Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > League of Legends
You last visited: Today at 18:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

LoL Coaching worth it?

Discussion on LoL Coaching worth it? within the League of Legends forum part of the Popular Games category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
LoL Coaching worth it?

I am a gold 2-1 player and I am thnking about it to take lol coachng.

Is it worth to pay 10+€ per hour? Did you have good expirience with coaching?

Could you climb after coaching?

Thanks for your feedback!
Old 04/08/2018, 20:53   #2

elite*gold: 100
To be honest, I think it's not really worth in general. I'm certain there are really good coaches, who deserve these 10€ per hour but usually there's no other game as situational as LoL is. Most of the time your mistakes won't appear in the same way for a big amount of games. I mean yes, you probably do mistakes that are avoidable in every game but if you are a high Gold player I think the majority of mistakes appears in situational stages of a game.

I am not experienced in this service but I believe that LoL is one of the worst games to buy coaching for. IMO the most costefficient thing would be to play over and over again with an extra awareness of what caused you to die.
Old 04/08/2018, 20:58   #3

thanks! helped me a lot
Old 04/08/2018, 21:11   #4

elite*gold: 550
The Black Market: 110/0/0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son-of-Garen View Post
I am a gold 2-1 player and I am thnking about it to take lol coachng.

Is it worth to pay 10+€ per hour? Did you have good expirience with coaching?

Could you climb after coaching?

Thanks for your feedback!
Hmm, i think you should research yourself and improve there unless you are Master+. Also, the most Coaches just don't even know the game good enough to coach you perfectly, they will teach you wrong things/decisions often aswell. So you should go with Challenger or professional Coaches or Analysts like LS, which is way more expensive ofc.
Old 04/13/2018, 12:35   #5

elite*gold: 558
The Black Market: 296/0/0
Received Thanks: 10,525
Most of your mistakes can be fixed by just watching you in a replay. You'll wonder why you actually did this and can improve.
Old 04/14/2018, 19:53   #6

elite*gold: 74
Received Thanks: 2,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacx View Post
Most of your mistakes can be fixed by just watching you in a replay. You'll wonder why you actually did this and can improve.
Not really true, even Dopa said its better to play instead of analyze ur own games.

An another point is u watch ur replays and u may understand 30% of ur mistakes, the rest u just watch and dont see and u get worse. Cuz u think its right because it looks like.

B2T: I think at first a op.gg analyze is enough, after that(if ur op.gg is clean) u can buy a coaching session. I just recommend 1 session. Maybe it helps or it dosen't. Its gambling .

Record the Session dont say yea understand, u dont understand the most and forget it after a few minutes. Watch this session and go over every detail

The next problem is the most 10€ coaches are not that good i just know 1 coach thats worth to pay and thats not LS, ls is tbh not a good coach. He is way to toxic and never respect his customers.

This is the best coach in my eyes, he is so positive and he is a really good player but just for ADCs!

Look for a coach that main ur role tbh ofc every good coach can analyze every lane. But for example a good jungler + coach, can u give how the role works + cheese strategys, good picks op things. Just a few gimmicks that helps u.

When i was Silver 5 my first coaching session was worthit and for free btw.
Old 04/15/2018, 15:50   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achileus View Post
Not really true, even Dopa said its better to play instead of analyze ur own games.

An another point is u watch ur replays and u may understand 30% of ur mistakes, the rest u just watch and dont see and u get worse. Cuz u think its right because it looks like.
I respectfully disagree. You mention a top-tier player but OP clearly is on a massively lower ranking. Playing a billion games and always making the same mistake because it's in your unconscious mind won't get you anywhere.

Once you know how you can improve, playing games surely is the way to go.
Old 04/16/2018, 03:05   #8

elite*gold: 1
The Black Market: 112/0/0
Received Thanks: 3,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacx View Post
I respectfully disagree. You mention a top-tier player but OP clearly is on a massively lower ranking. Playing a billion games and always making the same mistake because it's in your unconscious mind won't get you anywhere.

Once you know how you can improve, playing games surely is the way to go.
but if youre bad at the game how do you know what mistakes youre making
how should he know what the most optimal/correct decision is in a certain situation
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/16/2018, 14:43   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan' View Post
how should he know what the most optimal/correct decision is in a certain situation
There is some super easy stuff you can spot. Examples being walking a certain path which just looks plain ridiculous when re-watching.

I'm not talking about advanced stuff like minion control or the likes of it.
Old 04/16/2018, 23:23   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan' View Post
This is actually a big problem, you can only spot what you shouldn't do at all but you can't really find alternative options in a certain situation.
I've never been into analyzing replays in LoL, I do like it alot in other games, though.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/18/2018, 21:27   #11

elite*gold: 550
The Black Market: 110/0/0
So... the best thing you do to get better when you are bad is pure, boring Theory.
There are a lot of Videos like Leaguecraft 101, there are educational Streams, watching Pro's like Dopa (yes he is a pro, one of the best players by far), Faker, Khan or whoever you think fits to you and is enjoyable.

Most people just play and get better, that works to a certain point i guess and everything depends a lot on your ability to learn, your experience etc.
Old 04/18/2018, 21:31   #12

elite*gold: 74
Well i don't really get a the point of coaching, people should learn by just watching videos or tournament on youtube or some sort of media. But if that's what you're passionate about go for it, Other than that it's not really worth investing your time, unless its a company that would pay you to coach or stable income.
Old 09/21/2018, 03:47   #13

Youtube videos + practice. No need for extra couching lol.
Old 09/22/2018, 19:41   #14

I'll close this now. Otherwise people will posthunt here ... ^
Closed Thread