Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > League of Legends
You last visited: Today at 20:42

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Who carried YOU? Find out!

Discussion on Who carried YOU? Find out! within the League of Legends forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Arrow Who carried YOU? Find out!

Hey guys,

Trying to get the word out about this project I'm working on. Looking for feedback and ideas, as well as anything else you may like to provide.

As it stands the sites pretty dull, but the concept is all here. It will show you the last 10 games you played, and break down who was the "true" carry of your games. I plan on adding much more info.

Anyways, the site is:

All feedback is welcomed, please let me know.

PS: I am the creator of the first lolskinview.com You guys helped me so much with feedback and support years ago and I thank you all.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 02/04/2018, 07:21   #2

elite*gold: 100
Cool idea!
Ironically it leaves the question about the true carry open - because I doubt that a supporter would ever be considered as a carry here. I bet farm, kills, assist, objectives and so on will determine your score. That would leave supporters behind even though the Alistar could have been the one who's constantly getting the engages, sets the perfect wards just in time, makes the best calls, and so on. You get my point.

But it's still a cool concept if your DuoQ mate from Mid says he carried the game and you believe that you were the ADC who lead this team to victory.
Obviously some features are still missing out I guess. A breakdown on the score would be cool, otherwise Matthew from Mid will still think that he carried cause the score is clearly rigged

As minor changes I'd recommend to either directly show who were the carries (as theres nothing else to see anyway so far) OR get linked to this site when you just click on a bigger button, the whole box itself or atleast the champion picture. Because it's quite weird to always aim on that small arrow in the upper right corner.

But still, big thumbs up, I like this concept

Edit: By the way, the name is a bit confusing. You try to convince others that you carried (I guess that's what the concept is aiming for) and it says "Who Carried Me". In my opinion something like "Who Carried This?" would have been way better. It's still in the likes of your name but it's funnier as it sounds more "all-daily" and fits more in the concept you're having.
And from a psychological point of view it's also more positive in terms of user experience, because it doesn't make the user feel like the bad guy. "Who carried me" assumes that everyone else except you did the work.
Old 02/04/2018, 10:44   #3

Yeah, I actually just discussed this whole situation with supports on the official league forums. It's a basic calculation currently of stats like total damage to champs, kills, assists, and various others. But i plan on making the equation much more accurate.

About the site, it's mainly called whocarried.me because I was able to make the domain with a "me" top level domain. I like to try to keep my URL's some what catchy, to help people remember the site. So, it's like, I wanna know how carried that game... well, that game was the game you played in, so who carried me? a lot of times, it's you who carried you, which I plan on adding something that lets people know hey, you carried yourself! haha. But I get the confusion.
Old 02/04/2018, 20:28   #4

elite*gold: 30
It's actually very cool !
Now I can show my friends who carried all the game ^^
Thanks for this cool application man.
Old 02/04/2018, 21:13   #5

Hey, thank you! I am glad you enjoy it. Please, let me know any future features you'd like to see. I've been building a TODO list to make everyone happy
Old 02/09/2018, 08:38   #6

works for me fine +++
it's well coded !