Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > League of Legends > League of Legends Guides & Strategies
You last visited: Today at 03:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Playing on KR without downloading KR client

Discussion on Playing on KR without downloading KR client within the League of Legends Guides & Strategies forum part of the League of Legends category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 58
The Black Market: 215/1/0
Playing on KR without downloading KR client

Note by Nayunh: Taylor Swift doesn't update this thread anymore. Please only post if you want to discuss about it (for example if you have found other working solutions)! Please avoid posts like "doesn't work anymore".

Figured out a way to get onto KR server without actually downloading the client itself. Thought this may be useful for those of you who have want to play on KR and don't want to go through the pain of actually downloading the client outside of Korea since it takes forever.

Step 1: Download this file

Step 2: Navigate to your LoL folder and go to projects. This is usually located at C:\Riot Games\RADS\projects, but depends on where you installed League.

Step 3: Select any lol_air_client_config_xxxxx (x=server). You will be replacing a file by going to releases\0.0.0.xx\deploy and replacing the lol.properties with the one that you have downloaded.
*NOTE You will not be able to log into that server with that server's respective accounts meaning that you cannot log into accounts that were made for the server that you replaced.*
So for example if I were to replace EUNE, I would go to C:\Riot Games\RADS\projects\lol_air_client_config_eune\rel eases\0.0.0.43 and replace the lol.properties file in there with the lol.properties file that was downloaded. I then select EUNE and log in normally, but now I am unable to log in with an EUNE account. However, now you are able to log in with a KR account and get on the actual KR server.

Step 4: Open your launcher and select the server you have replaced and login with your KR account.

After that, you should be set. Enjoy!
Old 11/22/2015, 11:41   #2

elite*gold: 0
ahahaha nice one.... lol didnt knew that will work that easly xD
Old 11/22/2015, 11:56   #3

The Black Market: 439/0/1
And how can i become a kr account to log in in the client? xd
Old 11/22/2015, 16:49   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by _acAce_ View Post
And how can i become a kr account to log in in the client? xd
Have a Korean phone number or buy one.
Old 11/23/2015, 20:16   #5

make a video would be great to nabs like me xD
Old 12/03/2015, 13:52   #6

Thanks for this, appreciate it
Old 12/08/2015, 22:56   #7

I have 1 question...

What about my ping? If I play on KR server the ping is terrible right?
Old 12/14/2015, 03:23   #8

Yeah, if you aren't in Korea your ping will be terrible.
Old 12/15/2015, 23:37   #9

omg thanks :P, level of skill higher in korean servers?
Old 12/20/2015, 23:52   #10

Lol, thanks. Will try soon.
Old 01/30/2016, 23:23   #11

Thread is useless. Absolutely useless, you can download official League of Legends client. Your method is as stupid as torrenting League of Legends, WHICH IS FREE. The problem of Korean server is not to get the launcher, it's to be able to login, you can't register, without KSSN (Korean Social Security Number). Why would I bother changing files around, while I can just download the client from Korean League of Legends site?! Are you stupid?!
Old 02/02/2016, 05:59   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikTelner View Post
Thread is useless. Absolutely useless, you can download official League of Legends client. Your method is as stupid as torrenting League of Legends, WHICH IS FREE. The problem of Korean server is not to get the launcher, it's to be able to login, you can't register, without KSSN (Korean Social Security Number). Why would I bother changing files around, while I can just download the client from Korean League of Legends site?! Are you stupid?!
You realize how long it takes to download the client, especially if you're not in Korea right? This obviously is a method around downloading the actual client, of course you still need an account to log in.
Old 08/15/2016, 19:06   #13

Nice Methode! It takes much to download Kr Server..yep!
Old 08/16/2016, 12:28   #14

elite*gold: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3cpk View Post
omg thanks :P, level of skill higher in korean servers?
Thats what ppl say. Anyone got info on ping ? If im using KR vpn then it should be normal right?
Old 08/24/2016, 16:20   #15

Now i'am KOREA PLAYER.