Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Guild Wars 2
You last visited: Today at 07:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Machine upgrade for GW2

Discussion on Machine upgrade for GW2 within the Guild Wars 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post Machine upgrade for GW2

Hey everyone, this is a vaguely related post to GW2, basically the reason for my upgrade is primarily this game, but also in a more general sense for all games when i get round to playing a bit more.

I have a desktop thats about 5 years old that i was looking to upgrade with mostly new components to make it a mid range gaming PC as i currently play on a pretty shitty laptop, and its painful, to say the least.
So basically im looking to spend around £300 on the upgrade, and with that i was hopeing to get a decent processor, new graphics card, a new motherboard and some more ram. The hard drive should still be okay and the power supply may be an issue but i can sort that out afterwards if it isnt enough! So here goes, this is what i found and i'd appreciate some feedback on what you think, and possible suggestions to something else.

Processor:
This is my more budget idea:

Heres my slightly less one:

Motherboard:
This seems a bit of a bargain to me, and a few friends i asked said it would do the job just fine:

Graphics card (where i need most help):

This one seemed quite a lot but i was reccomended it by a IG mate who said it would be a worthy investment:

This oen is almost half the price of the other one, but i didn't know really how much"worse" it would be:

RAM:

This one was also reccomended to me, seemed like a good idea, i think 8gb should suffice for me!

So please let me know what you all think, and i hope this section is alright to post in! any other thoughts on how you think this system will run GW2 are also appreicated.

Jingham.
Old 12/12/2012, 07:11   #2

Let a Moderator move this thread to the Hardware section,
where you'll get more and better feedback.
Old 12/12/2012, 15:49   #3

Important for Games is a good graphic card.

Its a german page but you will see a good ranking. In my eyes: NO 7750 its a office card ^^

7850 is ok

dont forget your power Supply, your 5 years old one is not good enough for it

Tags
computer, gw2, upgrade