Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Guild Wars > GW Bots
You last visited: Today at 06:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[GWA2] Switching between rune listings at rune trader

Discussion on [GWA2] Switching between rune listings at rune trader within the GW Bots forum part of the Guild Wars category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Unhappy [GWA2] Switching between rune listings at rune trader

Hi all,

I'm in a bit of a bind with getting buy quotes for items that aren't for my primary profession.

When you open dialog with the rune trader, the first "tab" you see is for your own profession, i.e. if you're an assassin, you'll see Vaguard's Insignia at the top of the buy list.

GWA2 can only read the merchant items for the current tab. Does anyone know or can help with the action (or packet) headers needed to switch to another tab so I can get a buy quote for Sentinel's Insignia, for example?

Many thanks in advance
Old 10/11/2018, 15:25   #2

GWA2 has a Function to request a quote to buy/sell an Item.
See TraderRequest() and TraderRequestSell().

BUT: :-)
Most Runes may share the same ItemModelID (for the same Profession)
eg:
5559, "Warrior Rune of Superior Tactics"
5559, "Warrior Rune of Superior Strength"

To get the correct Quote (buy) for the Item i changed the Function TraderRequest() ... so i can give ItemModelID AND ItemModString as Parameter.

I changed
Code:
If DllStructGetData($lItemStruct, 'ModelID') = $aModelID And DllStructGetData($lItemStruct, 'bag') = 0 And DllStructGetData($lItemStruct, 'AgentID') = 0 Then
to
Code:
If ((StringLen($aModelID) < 6 And DllStructGetData($lItemStruct, 'ModelID') = $aModelID) Or (StringLen($aModelID) > 5 And StringInStr(GetModStruct($lItemStruct), $aModelID) > 0)) And DllStructGetData($lItemStruct, 'bag') = 0 And DllStructGetData($lItemStruct, 'AgentID') = 0 Then
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/11/2018, 23:10   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerMoench14 View Post
GWA2 has a Function to request a quote to buy/sell an Item.
See TraderRequest() and TraderRequestSell().

BUT: :-)
Most Runes may share the same ItemModelID (for the same Profession)
eg:
5559, "Warrior Rune of Superior Tactics"
5559, "Warrior Rune of Superior Strength"

To get the correct Quote (buy) for the Item i changed the Function TraderRequest() ... so i can give ItemModelID AND ItemModString as Parameter.

I changed
Code:
If DllStructGetData($lItemStruct, 'ModelID') = $aModelID And DllStructGetData($lItemStruct, 'bag') = 0 And DllStructGetData($lItemStruct, 'AgentID') = 0 Then
to
Code:
If ((StringLen($aModelID) < 6 And DllStructGetData($lItemStruct, 'ModelID') = $aModelID) Or (StringLen($aModelID) > 5 And StringInStr(GetModStruct($lItemStruct), $aModelID) > 0)) And DllStructGetData($lItemStruct, 'bag') = 0 And DllStructGetData($lItemStruct, 'AgentID') = 0 Then
I knew this already - I'll turn this into a more specific question based on your code (because its pretty much what I'm already doing atm)...

If I took your code and applied the correct model ID and modstring to it for a Survivor Insignia, does it find an item listed for the merchant for a Survivor Insignia?

If the answer is definitely yes, I know that I'm wrong and something else is going on :P

UPDATE: Looks like something strange happens when you have the same item in your inventory already - it seems to recycle that item within the range of the Merchant's item pointers in memory, meaning that the Bag/Slot would show that it is in your own inventory, and isn't a trader item?
Old 10/12/2018, 12:18   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3vangelist View Post
I knew this already - I'll turn this into a more specific question based on your code (because its pretty much what I'm already doing atm)...

If I took your code and applied the correct model ID and modstring to it for a Survivor Insignia, does it find an item listed for the merchant for a Survivor Insignia?

If the answer is definitely yes, I know that I'm wrong and something else is going on :P

UPDATE: Looks like something strange happens when you have the same item in your inventory already - it seems to recycle that item within the range of the Merchant's item pointers in memory, meaning that the Bag/Slot would show that it is in your own inventory, and isn't a trader item?
For me
Code:
[...] And DllStructGetData($lItemStruct, 'bag') = 0 And DllStructGetData($lItemStruct, 'AgentID') = 0 [...]
works fine.

Code:
;~ Description: Request a Quote to buy an Item from a Trader. Returns true if successful.
Func TraderRequest($aModelID, $aExtraID = -1)
	Local $lOffset[4] = [0, 0x18, 0x40, 0xC0]
	Local $lItemArraySize = MemoryReadPtr($mBasePointer, $lOffset)
	Local $lFound = False
	Local $lQuoteID = MemoryRead($mTraderQuoteID)
	Local $lModStructPtr, $lModStructSize, $lModStruct, $lItemPtr
	For $lItemID = 1 To $lItemArraySize[1]
		$lItemPtr = GetItemPtr($lItemID)
		If $lItemPtr = 0 Then ContinueLoop
		$lModStructPtr = MemoryRead($lItemPtr + 16, 'ptr')
		$lModStructSize = MemoryRead($lItemPtr  + 20, 'long')
		$lModStruct = MemoryRead($lModStructPtr, 'Byte[' & $lModStructSize * 4 & ']')
		If (StringLen($aModelID) < 6 And MemoryRead($lItemPtr + 44, 'long') = $aModelID) Or (StringLen($aModelID) > 5 And StringInStr($lModStruct, $aModelID) > 0) Then
			If MemoryRead($lItemPtr + 12, 'ptr') = 0 And MemoryRead($lItemPtr + 4, 'long') = 0 Then
				If $aExtraID = -1 Or MemoryRead($lItemPtr + 34, 'short') = $aExtraID Then
					$lFound = True
					ExitLoop
				EndIf
			EndIf
		EndIf
	Next
	If Not $lFound Then Return False
	DllStructSetData($mRequestQuote, 2, MemoryRead($lItemPtr, 'long'))
	Enqueue($mRequestQuotePtr, 8)
	Local $lDeadlock = TimerInit()
	$lFound = False
	Do
		Sleep(20)
		$lFound = MemoryRead($mTraderQuoteID) <> $lQuoteID
	Until $lFound Or TimerDiff($lDeadlock) > GetPing() + 5000
	Return $lFound
EndFunc   ;==>TraderRequest
This is the whole Function I use ... ofc Pointer instead of Structs.
Still works for me, even if i have a Rune/whatever in my Inventory.

Tags
gwa2