Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 07:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Gaming when you don't have much time

Discussion on Gaming when you don't have much time within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Gaming when you don't have much time

Lately I've been trying to find a way to still have time for gaming with a lot going on in my life. I've started attending a course about 2 weeks ago (trying to build a career currently). It's only 2 days per week but during those days I'll be traveling to get to the city where the course takes place, so those are 2 days that I can't play video games at all. I also work 3-5 days a week, so since I started the course, I haven't been able to find any time to play video games. This is especially bad when considering long games, like RPGs, which is what I mostly like. Assuming I was able to play half an hour to an hour a day on average, a 100-hour RPG might take me well over 4 months to finish in this case, which is honestly half the length of the course (it's just 8 months long). So I'll be able to finish only 2 games in 8 months, lol.

Do you guys struggle to find time for gaming? And how can I make time to play video games? Gaming is my favorite hobby, and I've had to quit for over a year when I was in college. I'd hate to have to quit again now.
Old 09/08/2016, 12:29   #2

elite*gold: 901
The question you have to ask yourself is what is more important for you. Do you wanna play, but your career won't be as good as it could or do you want to focus on your career and enjoy playing games later on?
If you have a solid smartphone you can play fun games there as well. There are some really good MMO's or RPG's or even shooters (yes Multiplayer too). You can play that when you travel or in your breaks or whenever you have time for it and feel like you want to play (since you have your phone with you all the time). I really understand that you don't want to give it up completely, but you have to make your decision and if i was you, I would prefer the career because you can buy some nice videogames later on with the money you'll earn!
Old 09/08/2016, 16:39   #3

elite*gold: 190
If I may ask, you work 3-5 days a week, and have a course 2 days a week.
So some times you still have 1-2 days to play games?
And every day after work?
Currently I am studying and have to work for 40hours a week, and it probably takes me a year to finish a 100 hour game.
I don't get your problem. :'D

If I may ask, you work 3-5 days a week, and have a course 2 days a week.
So some times you still have 1-2 days to play games?
And every day after work?
Currently I am studying and have to work for 40hours a week, and it probably takes me a year to finish a 100 hour game.
I don't get your problem. :'D