Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 21:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

print out text using RoM's ingame function

Discussion on print out text using RoM's ingame function within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question print out text using RoM's ingame function

Hi

I'd like to print out my own text in RoM. I dont want to use D3D-Hooks or other premade project. Why not? Because I'd like to learn and understand the mechanics of calling ingame functions.

I wrote a program that injects a test.dll into the RoM-process. The dll creates a new thread and the function will be called from this thread.

the biggest problem: How to find the "Printtext"-function?
I did it like this (using Cheat Engine):
-press CTRL+X in RoM to enable the "FPS:..."-text
-search for [x] Unicode text "FPS:", one addy should pop up only, 0x11B15200 was my
-a BP on this addy
Code:
[COLOR="Blue"]->  78180B56 - 66 3b 02                   - cmp ax,[edx]
->  78180B64 - 0f b7 0a                   - movzx ecx,word ptr [edx]
->  78180B82 - 66 89 07                   - mov [edi],eax    // write new string into mem
->  0067D300 - 66 8b 08                   - mov cx,[eax]
->  0067D316 - 66 39 3b                   - cmp [ebx],di
->  0067D33A - 66 83 3c 7b 7c             - cmp word ptr [ebx+edi*2],7c
->  0067D4C2 - 0f b7 14 1e                - movzx edx,word ptr [esi+ebx]
->  0067D50A - 66 83 3c 7b 00             - cmp word ptr [ebx+edi*2],00[/COLOR]
I searched around and the best thing I could find was this:
Code:
[COLOR="Blue"]0067D4BD - e8 8e af f5 ff             - call 005d8450    // EBX = addr of unicodetext[/COLOR]
If I change EBX to the address of another unicode text and then RoM will print my custom text for one frame.
Another thing that confuses me is - before the call 005d8450 is executed only one thing seems to be pushed but for 5D8450 IDA shows me the function has 2 parameters.

Lets assume I found the RoM's-function to print out text, how should I call the function from my dll?
Code:
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]// pseudocode assuming the function takes 3 parameters[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Blue"]__asm{
    push screenx_param
    push screeny_param
    push unicodetextptr_param
    call [function address]
}[/COLOR]
Is this enough or should I save the registers using pushad/popad?

I hope somebody can help me here. Oh the code is C++ btw.