Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 06:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Looking for a free MMO with (nearly) no pay2win, similar to SRO, WoW, 4Story

Discussion on Looking for a free MMO with (nearly) no pay2win, similar to SRO, WoW, 4Story within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Looking for a free MMO with (nearly) no pay2win, similar to SRO, WoW, 4Story

I'm basically looking for an MMO which looks and/or feels similar to (one of) those listed games (Silkroad Online, World of Warcraft, 4Story and similar). I'm trying to avoid games that utilize botting because the XP rates are too small (SRO, even though there are private servers, Silkroad is all about having a bot) or are purely pay2win and PvP (4Story, where upgrading items is like 90% with real money). The reason I don't go with WoW is because you gotta pay for it (there is the system where you utilize in-game money to pay your subscription, but it doesn't work if you're an on-and-off-player). It's definitely hard to find a fun MMO with no pay2win, botting or pay to play, I know, but it's not like I'm looking for such a game. I definitely want to exclude pay to play, but pay2win and botting in a small degree is fine (e.g. 10% of the server is botting, 40% of the server throws money on their screen to win).

Requirements that are a must: Works on Linux (via Wine or without, doesn't matter) and is not pay to play, or if it is, it's manageable like WoW and works for on-and-off players that tend to play for a few weeks/months and then don't for a few months/years/millennia.

If I forgot some details, please yell at me. When it comes to the "comparison" to SRO, WoW and 4Story, it can be similar to one of those, all three or some of them, and I basically look for gameplay like those or mixed. No specific requirements, so whatever applies to those, be it combat, upgrading items, dungeons, PvP also applies. Again, yell at me if you want some specifics or something. GRIND DOESN'T MATTER AT ALL!

Right, forgot about one requirement that has to be met by any means, even if it means death: fun to play.
Old 11/26/2020, 11:52   #2

Ever tried FF XIV? should run on Linux, give it a shot
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/19/2021, 12:57   #3

I just saw your post. Did you consider trying Champions of Regnum? It comes from the same era as Silkroad Online. Regnum is also point and click, and like SRO, is heavily RvR and pvp.

Regnum stopped being pay to win some years ago, and is considered quite a lot of fun by its playerbase. It's a very chill game. If you like, ask more questions?

You can also consider Warhammer Return for Reckoning, though Return for Reckoning this is a private server.

Hope this is not a necro.