Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 12:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

MMO Gamers target of worm attacks according to Microsoft Security Report

Discussion on MMO Gamers target of worm attacks according to Microsoft Security Report within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 235
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,758
MMO Gamers target of worm attacks according to Microsoft Security Report

Make sure that Internet security is up to date. MMO gamers seem to be the target of Worm and malicious software attacks according to a recent Microsoft Security Intelligence Report called Sirv7. According to Microsoft, Taterf, a worm that spreads via mapped drives in order to steal login and account details for popular online games saw a 156% increase since the second half of 2008 and mainly targets MMOG gamers.

Microsoft Report Reveals Resurgence of Worms; Rogue Security Software Still Top Threat: The latest Security Intelligence Report also highlights success with customer disinfection rates and software update diligence.

(via tentonhammer, thx!)
Old 11/05/2009, 14:25   #2

elite*gold: 0
LoL that made me wonder of the safety of my accounts considering i dont have any firewall nor anitivrus @_@