Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Flyff > Flyff Private Server > Flyff PServer Advertising
You last visited: Today at 16:04

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Almighty FlyFF [Lowrate Server]

Discussion on Almighty FlyFF [Lowrate Server] within the Flyff PServer Advertising forum part of the Flyff Private Server category.

Closed Thread

Old 08/10/2018, 12:21   #16

elite*gold: 0
The Virus is normal i had that on Clockworks flyff and Ignite flyff aswell
just stop your virus programm when u start the game and start it as Administrator if needed, thats it. Have fun to play .There is no dangerous virus.
Old 08/10/2018, 16:31   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4veBeast View Post
just stop your virus programm when u start the game and start it as Administrator if needed, thats it. Have fun to play .There is no dangerous virus.
When I said there is a trojan inside it, @ removed my comment, and now everyone is talking about the virus...
@ if you like viruses, it is your choice you may find them cute and friendly.
Maybe some experienced dude can do a virus analysis and confirm if it is harmful or a false positive like many tools?
Old 08/10/2018, 18:04   #18

elite*gold: 70
Received Thanks: 1,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie69 View Post
When I said there is a trojan inside it, @ removed my comment, and now everyone is talking about the virus...
@ if you like viruses, it is your choice you may find them cute and friendly.
Maybe some experienced dude can do a virus analysis and confirm if it is harmful or a false positive like many tools?
The patcher is written in a .NET language with no type of protection meaning that anyone could easily decompile the software and look through the code. As far as I can tell, the patcher contains nothing harmful at the moment.

However, anything that connects to the internet can become harmful at anytime.
Old 08/10/2018, 18:10   #19

Quote:
As I stated, not the virus software was the problem, it was windows. I'm not writing this to talk the server down, I actually like to play there. But I was writing it so they can look into it, cuz it might hinder new people from playing it.
Old 08/10/2018, 19:34   #20

Quote:
I would like to test this server too, but i will never turn off my antivirus program just because the admin of this server is not fixing the issue. For me it looks either like laziness, incompetence or unprofessionalism.

But thats just my opinion.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/10/2018, 20:54   #21

I have taken a look at it one more time because it intrigued me to figure out what was going on. The reason the patcher receives false positives is due to the resources (images) embedded into the executable.

After removing the whole "Almighty FlyFF.g.resources" from the executable the file became completely clean from any false positives. However, the patcher would not run due to being dependent on those resources.

The main source of false positives was the one image "img/bg.png". Which is basically the main background for the patcher. If you remove that, only one false positive still exists for some unknown anti-virus.

If the developers of Almighty Flyff reads this. With this information in hand, I would expect a fix as quickly as possible since it seems to be an issue for too many users. There are several possible ways to fix it.

I took the liberty of replacing the background image with a dull background and managed to receive no false positives. See the virus-total links and download the modified patcher to see for yourself.

Attached Files
File Type: zip Almighty FlyFF_Fix.zip (900.2 KB, 3 views)
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/10/2018, 22:56   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyb1t View Post
I have taken a look at it one more time because it intrigued me to figure out what was going on. The reason the patcher receives false positives is due to the resources (images) embedded into the executable.

After removing the whole "Almighty FlyFF.g.resources" from the executable the file became completely clean from any false positives. However, the patcher would not run due to being dependent on those resources.

The main source of false positives was the one image "img/bg.png". Which is basically the main background for the patcher. If you remove that, only one false positive still exists for some unknown anti-virus.

If the developers of Almighty Flyff reads this. With this information in hand, I would expect a fix as quickly as possible since it seems to be an issue for too many users. There are several possible ways to fix it.

I took the liberty of replacing the background image with a dull background and managed to receive no false positives. See the virus-total links and download the modified patcher to see for yourself.

You posted this 2 hours ago and still no response. How hard can this be to fix it when you already did it xD
Old 08/10/2018, 23:11   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwCaptainAwesome View Post
You posted this 2 hours ago and still no response. How hard can this be to fix it when you already did it xD
They will get to it eventually
Old 08/11/2018, 01:01   #24

We have very good news for you!
We understand very well that many of you are scared to download our client because of the alarm from some antivirus programs, but rest assured, with high pressure we've worked on a solution!
While we can say with certainty that our client does not include any malware, we still wanted to solve this problem.

Our team looked at it very thoroughly, ran a couple of analyses and changed the code so that every antivirus program will accept our sweet patcher.

And we can proudly say: we fixed this problem!

The "new" patcher is already included in every setup. Attached below is the new patcher for users that have the old one, so you don't need to download our whole client again.

Best regards
Almighty Staff

VirusTotal:
Patcher:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyb1t View Post

Thank you for your effort and research, while most of the people here spent their time writing I already fixed the problem. I have made some adjustments while fixing so it was a good thing this error occured. But your procedure was partly right.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 08/15/2018, 11:50   #25

Pretty solid Flyff Experience. Not to many fancy features that cause buggs or ruin the economy. Yet it holds everything to make playing more comfotable.
If you are up for a solid grind you should give it a try!
Old 08/16/2018, 09:44   #26

Solid and smooth server.
Old 08/16/2018, 17:15   #27

elite*gold: 183
Dear Almighty community,

First off, we would like to thank you for such a great server start, your help, time and contribution.
However, as everyone noticed, we're facing technical difficulties the last couple days and we've come to a point where we have to make a very difficult decision.
We fixed this problem that caused our server to crash, but we can only ensure you that it won't occur again if we wipe.
We know that you already spent a lot of time farming, leveling and it's a decision we don't want to make, but we want to guarantee you a server that runs smoothly, not one that goes down every couple hours because of this problem.
But, we also have some good news for you: It wasn't for nothing. People that donated will of course get their donate points refunded.
Promo-codes and lots of starter-goodies will be given out on server restart, so you can catch up where you were without investing endless hours.
Official server restart will be on 24.08.2018.
During this time we will also work on the gameplay and implement your suggestions.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards
Almighty Staff
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/21/2018, 18:04   #28

Its a nice Server , smooth and many cool features and u got still the nostalgie

@ kek
Old 08/21/2018, 18:12   #29

Nice server + rep
Old 08/24/2018, 17:53   #30

Today @ 6pm utc+2 they will release

Its a nice Server ,playing smooth and many cool features and u still got the nostalgie
Closed Thread