Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Escape from Tarkov
You last visited: Today at 17:22

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Looking for a bit of help with DMA

Discussion on Looking for a bit of help with DMA within the Escape from Tarkov forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old 10/27/2023, 14:41   #16

elite*gold: 2
DMA is certainly in some sense better. If you do go for a DMA go for ClutchSolution
Old 10/27/2023, 15:01   #17

elite*gold: 0
Can't connect on a laptop,
i think features wise atomic is the best (or atleast, it was), and they also sell a good firmware too.
Old 10/27/2023, 15:19   #18

i want too for faceit cs2
Old 10/27/2023, 16:05   #19

elite*gold: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvin0 View Post
Can't connect on a laptop
He made it work tho, instead of just mindlessly spamming on an old topic you should read the posts regarding it
Old 10/27/2023, 16:35   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egal View Post
He made it work tho, instead of just mindlessly spamming on an old topic you should read the posts regarding it

Edit: And the topic creator never said he made it work, are you sure that you did read the topic?
Or maybe you confused him with the other user that cut his laptop to make it work? Sounds like a plug and play solution huh?
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/27/2023, 20:45   #21

elite*gold: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvin0 View Post

Edit: And the topic creator never said he made it work, are you sure that you did read the topic?
Or maybe you confused him with the other user that cut his laptop to make it work? Sounds like a plug and play solution huh?
I did, whoops. It still can work, there is multiple ways of getting extra pci slots on a laptop so you dont necessarily have to cut open the chassis
Doesnt change the fact that your comment adds nothing to the thread

PS: Im proud of my 2.6 posts/day At least like half of them are more or less helpful
Old 10/27/2023, 22:17   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egal View Post
I did, whoops. It still can work, there is multiple ways of getting extra pci slots on a laptop so you dont necessarily have to cut open the chassis
Doesnt change the fact that your comment adds nothing to the thread

PS: Im proud of my 2.6 posts/day At least like half of them are more or less helpful
I also gave a suggestion about which product he could get, which nobody did (other than peoples trying to advertise their own products) if that's adding nothing to the thread then that's just ur own opinion
Old 11/15/2023, 18:24   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziaacor View Post
The main problem is that the laptop bios are very limited, in the Asus TUF Gaming A15, in advanced mode very few options appear. Therefore I do not see PCI or similar and the m2 displays information.

I think I have found the main problem, I do not know if the update packages or the limitations of bios is impossible for me to disable the option "KERNEL DMA Protection" in windows 11. In addition that appears a new option that also can not be disabled "Memory Access Protection" that remains active even having disabled the "Memory Integrity".

Thank you very much for your help anyway !

Regarding the cable coming out of the laptop, it is not a problem because by cutting 1mm of plastic I can stick this cable without the PCI adapter.
Did you find a solution to this? I have Alienware M17 R4 laptop, also with a limited BIOs, also having Kernel DMA Protection on. I came to the same conclusion as you - it needs to be disabled. But I can't figure out how, and Dell's support line is useless.
Old 11/15/2023, 19:52   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuzFlips View Post
DMA is certainly in some sense better. If you do go for a DMA go for ClutchSolution
extremely bad advice, considering clutch just had a massive firmware banwave which was completely preventable if they weren't lazy
Thanks
1 User