Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > e*pvp News > e*pvp News - EN
You last visited: Today at 18:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

The Sticky Bump Beta starts!

Discussion on The Sticky Bump Beta starts! within the e*pvp News - EN forum part of the e*pvp News category.

Old   #1
ars aurea

elite*gold: 16449
Received Thanks: 5,666
Staff The Sticky Bump Beta starts!

Dear community,

after the epvp*messenger has been received so well by you, we're rolling out the next long awaited feature: Sticky Bumps! From now on you can buy Stickies for 30 days in any forum that supports Bumping. Just click on the Bump Button as usual and then on the Sticky Bump Button. Your thread will now be displayed in a separate column above the normal threads.

Oops? For me it says "Outbid!"?

This is because we have limited the maximum number of Sticky Bumps per forum (to currently 3 stickies). So if all slots are occupied, you can place your bid on hold with the Outbid! button. As soon as the existing Sticky Bump expires, your thread will be automatically stuck. However, existing bids can be outbid by other members until the active Sticky Bump expires, and the fee increases for each next bid. In this case, the original bidder will receive a full refund of the previously paid Bump Coins.

In order to avoid so called sticky blindness and to give everyone the chance to get a Sticky Bump in highly frequented forums, we decided to exclude active Sticky Bumps from the outbidding process. A new Sticky Bump of the same thread is only possible if no bid has been submitted after the time has expired or if another slot has become available.

You will also be notified by email when your sticky bump starts/ends or when your bid has been outbid. So if you use a trash email and want to receive notifications, you should change your email! You can use e-mail filters to determine which e-mails you want to see

Some of you may think that the normal paid bumps suffer under this addition, but don't you worry! We've come up with something here as well. Paid bumps will now be highlighted for 6 hours (starting at the time of the bump).

With these changes we are now close to the completion of the Bump Addon features. Only the Auto-Bumps are missing, which we will probably implement after fixing bugs that might occur. The latter you can report as usual via the Complaint Area.

Have fun!

Update: (03/13/2019) Bumps are now also reflected in the forum search.

Attached Thumbnails
The Sticky Bump Beta starts!-2y7ogab.jpg  
Thanks
26 Users
Old 03/06/2019, 21:07   #2

elite*gold: 26
Received Thanks: 1,214
Another nice feature, keep going epvp team.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/06/2019, 21:14   #3

elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 439/0/1
Good job, this feature will make it easier to reach more customers than before.
Old 03/06/2019, 21:22   #4

elite*gold: 751
good job
Old 03/06/2019, 21:29   #5

Sounds great
Old 03/06/2019, 22:08   #6

elite*gold: 5155
I didn't even knew about this until 10 min ago and then we wake up with 3 competitors always above without having the chance to be there until next month...

I mean i could outbid anytime But literally no chance to be there Until 30 days pass now...
Old 03/06/2019, 22:10   #7

elite*gold: 15283
The Black Market: 313/0/0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKPUBG View Post
I didn't even knew about this until 10 min ago and then we wake up with 3 competitors always above without having the chance to be there until next month...

I mean i could outbid anytime But literally no chance to be there Until 30 days pass now...
Well thats how the system works for now.

Get your chance next month to bet em out.
Old 03/06/2019, 22:13   #8

No it's kinda unfair.
There should have be some proper notification to each account PM so people can start the bid before deciding who the top 3 sticky to be.

Maybe make a countdown in website also until bid ends and decide the x3 winners for the sticky 30 days.

I believe a reset and a proper restart for tomorrow should be done! and start rebid again!

Most of sellers didn't even knew about this feature until it was too late. There was no notification
There is many people like me that never check emails.

We are busy with work , cant check emails and stuff every few hours.

Tho i would gladly pay 1000$ or more for sticky thread per 30 days.
Old 03/06/2019, 22:27   #9

elite*gold: 106
I dont know what happened - atleat give 1 week to bid .. ))
Old 03/06/2019, 22:29   #10

Yes what happend?
I heard it only lasted 1 hour

People are at work. How can something be decided within such a short span time?
People need time to bid. We didnt even know this exist until now.

Notify everyone. Give us time to bid and outbid.
Old 03/06/2019, 22:46   #11

elite*gold: 9
The Black Market: 147/0/0
Hört sich gut an und finde es eine gute Idee mit dem Threadnamen Farbe (kommt sehr gut zur Geltung)
Old 03/06/2019, 22:51   #12
ars aurea

Quote:
No it's kinda unfair.
There should have be some proper notification to each account PM so people can start the bid before deciding who the top 3 sticky to be.

Maybe make a countdown in website also until bid ends and decide the x3 winners for the sticky 30 days.

I believe a reset and a proper restart for tomorrow should be done! and start rebid again!

Most of sellers didn't even knew about this feature until it was too late. There was no notification
There is many people like me that never check emails.

We are busy with work , cant check emails and stuff every few hours.

Tho i would gladly pay 1000$ or more for sticky thread per 30 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadwinter1996 View Post
I dont know what happened - atleat give 1 week to bid .. ))
First come, first serve. We explicitly decided against auctions on those three slots (before they even go up). You can have your chance in 30 days.

Quote:
Yes what happend?
I heard it only lasted 1 hour

People are at work. How can something be decided within such a short span time?
People need time to bid. We didnt even know this exist until now.

Notify everyone. Give us time to bid and outbid.
For us it was in the late evening. We can't please everybody in every timezone.
Our news send you a notification.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/06/2019, 22:59   #13

The Black Market: 221/0/0
Theoretically, let's say that I have a stickied thread, can I then go and bid for the next month's slot, or is there a limitation prohibiting the same person from getting the same slot in succession?
Old 03/06/2019, 23:06   #14

elite*gold: 116
The Black Market: 114/0/0
Hello, I do not have the option to purchase sticky thread and on the subforum doesn't appear to be any sticky post bought,,,

What is happening here? It's on League of Legends trading forum,

Thanks
Old 03/06/2019, 23:07   #15
ars aurea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taengz View Post
Theoretically, let's say that I have a stickied thread, can I then go and bid for the next month's slot, or is there a limitation prohibiting the same person from getting the same slot in succession?
Quote:
In order to avoid so called sticky blindness and to give everyone the chance to get a Sticky Bump in highly frequented forums, we decided to exclude active Sticky Bumps from the outbidding process.
+ the example images

Not the same person, but the same thread. So if you have another thread in the section you can bid with that thread. But not with the same thread.
Thanks
2 Users

Tags
bump, bump button, sticky bump