Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 04:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release]Dekaron Discord Bot

Discussion on [Release]Dekaron Discord Bot within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1
Trade Restricted

elite*gold: LOCKED
Talking [Release]Dekaron Discord Bot

So first of all, i didn't forget my other projects but meanwhile i had time to start this mini one and i tought it was really useful for who's using discord in their servers such as Rising etc..

Objective behind this : Instead of having a website which can be not secure and not offer some good connection protocols, discord is not bad in that fact. In this time, this is a good choice for who want a secure and fast text based command controls for their server (as an admin or as a user).
The source code will allways be free, so if you wanna adapt it for your server its fine, i just made this base for people see that discord bot can also offer some utility and security.
Now if you have some ideas for implement or group's like GM,Admin(global) and user, i can do it for after you create a server (if you going to use the bot), just to set the groups and the bot catch them alone.

PS : Bot querys are ready for A2 based and A9 based servers, but as i said if you wanna touch in something you are free to do

Project Screenshots :

Source code :
Old 06/25/2017, 02:07   #2

elite*gold: 0
I still do not understand what this is for.?? xd
Old 06/25/2017, 02:38   #3
Trade Restricted

Idk if you're running a discord server but there are some servers already.
Resuming this is like a shortcut for some dac tools but in the chat of the server, for example if a player wanna know some info of server, or edit his account details just shouting like !changepw <usr><oldpw><newpw> he just edit it instantly, without issues or going to any web.
I know this can be kinda useless but there may be some servers that would like to use it anyway
Old 06/25/2017, 19:47   #4

A discord server is a service where all players on a server can chat like Skype or TeamSpeak. You join the channel and you can chat with your headset & Microphone.

Underfisk is offering tools and commands in the discord server for more functions for players to find info etc about the server. Say you want to know if a character is on, you can type a command to see if they are online without logging into the game.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/25/2017, 20:13   #5
Trade Restricted

Yup exactly, but what im trying to do is for both sides, for users,admin,moderators.
This can be very useful when the moderator is talking to a player to solve a problem and without acess on database just a simple command and fix the problem
In player case this can be useful to read the server details, check if is online or not, edit his acc details.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/26/2017, 03:34   #6

It's a good thing but you are tied to the discord server platform. It is easier to develop for that platform than doing it from scratch of course, I just hope discord stays alive.

The admin tools would be good for server owners and GM's.
Old 06/26/2017, 06:35   #7

Honestly, dekaron is a game that does not need voice chat xD..
The rising discord is empty most of the time. Maybe they use it in siege battle, but I do not think they use it for more, dekaron is a game that does not have much competitiveness in team like to use voice chat.
Old 06/26/2017, 08:39   #8
Trade Restricted

It is allways good in my optinion, even empty because if players know that you offer something for they check for example the server maintenance or they check if is offline or not when the web is down, or forums etc.
Another thing is the facility behind this, like when you are looking for your staff members ban, unban, checkbans, check online etc without giving access you'll need to create it on a painel or on web.
What about just type a command in a voice chat?
Old 06/26/2017, 17:50   #9

Is not it easier to enter the forum? xD
Old 06/27/2017, 01:16   #10
Trade Restricted

I guess typing in a chat its more easier than acessing to a page
not just talking about perfomance(speed) but also security
Because when you have a web, you are exposing anyway your server-side, and using OAuth in discord + bot token you have quite more security, even they dont acess directly your server-side
Old 08/18/2017, 05:27   #11
Trade Restricted

Released the functional source code.
Old 08/18/2017, 08:49   #12

good tool but players have chat inside the game.

Discord can be good on Square

BTW freez your web is dead?
Old 08/18/2017, 16:33   #13
Trade Restricted

Well this 'bot' doesnt chat only, it executes querys which is very good if a player wanna check whenever game is on, if your web is off or even check if he is banned. There are lot of "shortcuts" which bot is useful but i made this for fun while i was making something for discord.
Anyway thanks