Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 01:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Parallel Universe[Unreal][In-Dev]

Discussion on Parallel Universe[Unreal][In-Dev] within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

View Poll Results: Should I replace the ships ?
Use only DO assets 5 41.67%
Mix DO with GOF2 assets 3 25.00%
Use only GOF2 assets 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02/11/2020, 15:37   #31

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolJedy View Post
Since my last post a lot of things happened. But me and a friend worked hard to bring you again our project working with new small updates.

Have Fun!

__________________________________________________ __

Server is in development. Online play is removed for now.

Server Status : Offline
Gamer Version : 0.3b
Re-Opening : Unsure

Remember this project is in early stage!
You may ask why a lot of the stuff on the video are not in the game

- Re-building the game from the ground up
- Adding new stuff (NPC AI / New UI).

Bugs ?

Report any bugs you find in the game . Thank you!

Help us out and report as many bugs you can find!

Support:

- E*PVP Profile

Change log and Updates

NPC AI 67% - Establishing...

Portal System - Working

Shield Regeneration - Working

The Parallel Universe Team

CoolJedy[Valianity] - Founder, Coder, Graphic and Level Designer,

Dinozavr Lead Coder

Lopolio Coder

Game Controls:
Left click:move command
Right click: target(auto attack)
1: press it only near a portal (if it doesn't work move from the portal and try agan)

Thank you for this overview of the project, it is a great challenge that you are embarking on and we can only appreciate.

I tried your demo and although it is totally different from the original game it's still nice . It might be necessary to modify the maximum zoom level to see a little further and also increase the range of attack. However, I could not jump into the portal (but I may be doing it wrong )
Old 02/11/2020, 23:06   #32

looks nice, great job
Old 02/13/2020, 13:51   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deevvil View Post
PLEASE, IM REALLY REALLY INTERESTED!!!
Thank you. Glad to see people still interested in the project

Quote:
Originally Posted by 》LUL《 View Post
Looks really nice. And as a big fan of GOF2, U def woul like to see elements of that game being merged with darkorbit content
That's the plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xstyl63 View Post
Thank you for this overview of the project, it is a great challenge that you are embarking on and we can only appreciate.

I tried your demo and although it is totally different from the original game it's still nice . It might be necessary to modify the maximum zoom level to see a little further and also increase the range of attack. However, I could not jump into the portal (but I may be doing it wrong )
The only challenge is doing this when we have free time otherwise it would be finished within months . Also about the portal issue try staying inside the portal and press they 1 key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajaxdxd View Post
looks nice, great job
Thank you. Gonna post a update soon with a new version
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/19/2020, 14:12   #34

So this is includes both "bots" and online play? Count me in.
Old 02/19/2020, 21:02   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madatek View Post
So this is includes both "bots" and online play? Count me in.
Right now online play takes most of the development time. If the replication is done first It would save me a lot of time for implementing the other stuff 😁
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/18/2021, 05:20   #36

Greetings everyone. I am here for my yearly drop in to post some news and disappear again .

Here is a brief summary. Durring the development of the multiplayer component of the game I ran into some issues

Issues bellow

After many hours of trials and error I managed to fix it, but for my unfortunate luck my computer just gave up on life and hope. My HDD was gone and my GitHub was linked to a email I created years ago and was on a document on my pc. Many months passed, I moved to the UK started work and etc. Recently my sister called me and said while throwing boxes with old stuff away she said she found my old phone I used before I threw it away somewhere cause it's battery was just dying. Good news was my hope for my phone to have my email password saved turned out to be real and after getting back access to my GitHub and my project (multiplayer still looks like that),but nothing I can't fix . Also I wanted to ask how many of you would support the project on patreon for in-game benefits and mostly server expense(tiers like 2£ to 5£ nothing like 10£ for now). Either way I will develop to the server,but just wanted to know if there was still interest in it. Ofc I won't set up the patreon before a proof of multiplayer gameplay,5 playable ships,3 types of AI, and 4 maps per faction are done. I will leave a poll and expect your answers.

Thanks
1 User
Old 01/18/2021, 08:39   #37

Make a stable game my freind you can release the alpha or beta version, i would be willing to support you project! Im sure there's like a lot of players willing to support a project done with passion, this community is still decently big
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/18/2021, 08:48   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by LichKing1997 View Post
Make a stable game my freind you can release the alpha or beta version, i would be willing to support you project! Im sure there's like a lot of players willing to support a project done with passion, this community is still decently big
That's why I said I wanted to finish the core components first
and release a version so people can see if they like it and what to play, change something or just ignore it before asking for support . I would do the game either way cause it's a passion of mine since the early days of dark orbit
Old 01/19/2021, 03:35   #39

Hello, I am the creator of Space Age ( Epvp thread: )

I would be happy to support your project. As DO-like game creators it is important to support each other + healthy competition will help the community grow
+ there is too many ****** private servers, we need more original creators

Good luck in your project
Thanks
6 Users
Old 01/19/2021, 13:04   #40

çok güzel gözüküyor android üzerinde çalışsın lütfen
Old 01/20/2021, 18:35   #41

Maybe register your project on kickstarter, so it can be promoted to a bigger community
Old 01/21/2021, 03:30   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by gueuledange View Post
Hello, I am the creator of Space Age ( Epvp thread: )

I would be happy to support your project. As DO-like game creators it is important to support each other + healthy competition will help the community grow
+ there is too many shitty private servers, we need more original creators

Good luck in your project
Well thank you for your kind words. It's true we should support each other considering most of us want the same thing. Either preserve dark orbit or re-make it in a new way. While I agree they are many shitty private servers mine wasn't that different except for the new idea for map system I had. The only problem I see with them is they split the community rather than bring them together.

Quote:
Maybe register your project on kickstarter, so it can be promoted to a bigger community
Problem with that is I don't own the Dark Orbit IP and neither have permission to use it. They may tolerate private servers, but a standalone game using their assets would be something they may and probably will take legal action. Kickstarter is mostly for funding a project that requires funding to be completed while patreon is mostly focused on supporting individual creators while they create whatever they are making. So if people decide to support my patreon in the future they will not be supporting the game in direct way, but my work on it(not sure if this will work either way, but let's see). If the project was in need of funding to be completed Kickstarter would be way, but since I am doing it mostly in my free time with or without support I am still planning on finishing it as much as I can. If I eventually fail to finish the project I will either sell the source to someone to finish it or release it as an open source project on GitHub where all can contribute and use it(which isn't a bad idea,but will bring more uninspired projects that just wait for others to work on it). Only time will tell
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/25/2021, 21:57   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolJedy View Post
Well thank you for your kind words. It's true we should support each other considering most of us want the same thing. Either preserve dark orbit or re-make it in a new way. While I agree they are many shitty private servers mine wasn't that different except for the new idea for map system I had. The only problem I see with them is they split the community rather than bring them together.

Problem with that is I don't own the Dark Orbit IP and neither have permission to use it. They may tolerate private servers, but a standalone game using their assets would be something they may and probably will take legal action. Kickstarter is mostly for funding a project that requires funding to be completed while patreon is mostly focused on supporting individual creators while they create whatever they are making. So if people decide to support my patreon in the future they will not be supporting the game in direct way, but my work on it(not sure if this will work either way, but let's see). If the project was in need of funding to be completed Kickstarter would be way, but since I am doing it mostly in my free time with or without support I am still planning on finishing it as much as I can. If I eventually fail to finish the project I will either sell the source to someone to finish it or release it as an open source project on GitHub where all can contribute and use it(which isn't a bad idea,but will bring more uninspired projects that just wait for others to work on it). Only time will tell
You say that you do not have legal permission on the content that is used to give life to the project, that's true, but what prevents you from making new content? Even based on the 2006-2012 models, I also don't see that you have to have a clear design to define a revenge or a goliath (as name examples). On the subject of wanting to have and to remember old times again, doing everything favorable for the game, it is something impossible to do, basically because this was conditioned to many factors, in most of us while we were young and we began to know the world, I personally believe that if what you really want is to have a community together, healthy and enjoying the game for long hours, keep moving forward with the project, thinking about your changes and future improvements. The directors and the Bigpoint team, They will not give great progress to the improvement of the game, many staff have already passed within the team, and they know well the crap that there is with the bots, basically, and for them to want to make a change they have to spin the wheel and this has been shown all the actions they have been doing.
I would like to put on the table the issue of financing and future chronology of the project. in a near time
Old 01/31/2021, 14:48   #44

Well the financing comes last at this stage. For now my job is secure(even tho unpleasant). In the future if the game grows bigger ofc it would require better server and I would need other people to help me support it. In case of legal shutdown I have experience with 3D modeling so I can always swap the models so that's not a issue. About new content I already have plans, but Ig I will share more in the coming weeks.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/31/2021, 16:47   #45

Download link project?

Tags
dark orbit, parallel universe, unreal engine