Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 01:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

ThunderBot Pre-Release Question

Discussion on ThunderBot Pre-Release Question within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

View Poll Results: Would you buy ThunderBot?
Yes. 22 20.37%
No. 44 40.74%
Maybe. 42 38.89%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question ThunderBot Pre-Release Question

Hello, as a member of ThunderBot team, I would like to know your opinion about the release which may come in the near future. The point of this thread is the answer for the question: Why would you want to buy the bot if it has such a black past ( some waves of bans for tested accounts ) ? The bot actually performs very good and has many great ideas which will be implemented but people are afraid and I understand them. We admit our mistakes but we also have been learning from these mistakes which greatly helped us to understand the Ban-System of DarkOrbit but to also create a stable bot for users to enjoy and feel safe. Without these types of issues a bot can never be made because developers are thinking of a lot of new and better ways to make the bot safer and better while having obstacles in their way. Thank you for your understanding!

ThunderBot Team ~
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/29/2017, 17:51   #2

Im Definitely Going To Buy It lel!! based on my experience on the beta testing!! The Bot is great at the moment!! And The Features Proposed Is good too!! so Yeah I'm IN
Old 06/29/2017, 18:03   #3

elite*gold: 17
Received Thanks: 1,737
I cant say anything wrong about TBot features/speed
I think its fine but the safety is horrible seems like devs dont care enough or dunno
but KappaBot/ThunderBot got so many bans like no bot in last few months.
I wouldnt buy it for any acc I care about or is some higher equip acc
I would surely pay a bit more for way more safer bot -> DOB.
Maybe if its cheap enough it will be useful for small accounts
which you dont care much when loosing them regards.
Old 06/29/2017, 18:12   #4

Talking No Offence!! Bitter Truth!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by epete View Post
I cant say anything wrong about TBot features/speed
I think its fine but the safety is horrible seems like devs dont care enough or dunno
but KappaBot/ThunderBot got so many bans like no bot in last few months.
I wouldnt buy it for any acc I care about or is some higher equip acc
I would surely pay a bit more for way more safer bot -> DOB.
Maybe if its cheap enough it will be useful for small accounts
which you dont care much when loosing them regards.
The devs dont care enough??? Naw thats wrong!! They Do!! But they were learning too! and the time you were in the beta testing! there were changes in devs in the bot and now the devs are knowledgeable and know what they have to do and we never had bans post the flaming that happened back then!! and as of now the bot is safe!!

BTW yes its going to be a lot more cheaper than DOB!! i know that for sure and isn't as complicated as dob!! the gui is user-friendly unlike DOB!!
Old 06/29/2017, 18:12   #5

Received Thanks: 1,362
Dear @,
Quote:
safety is horrible seems like devs dont care enough or dunno
The safety level at the moment is very high. Let's explain a bit ban waves. First ones (first months of 2017). Do I really have to explain? Bot was in really early stage. We were missing many packets and other things. Let's focus on May. Why did banwave happen? Of course it was our fault. BigPoint team changed just ONE number. We didn't think they could change it there. Although that security issue was patched in the same day when banwave happened. After update we are checking most of connection stuff. Even after everything is done, I check the whole connection from beginning.

Quote:
Maybe if its cheap enough it will be useful for small accounts which you dont care much when loosing them
We are doing our best to prevent situations like that.

Quote:
but KappaBot/ThunderBot got so many bans
I'm pretty sure comparing KappaBot and ThunderBot is like comparing anime and manga.

Regards.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 06/29/2017, 18:26   #6

I dont really think.. I wasnt beta tester so i cant say anything about the bot BUT, Darkorbit is a piece of .... players are using bots to encounter the pay for win option.. and i understand your logic that paying for bot is way way cheaper than buy a full full ship but for me and for my old friends, this game worth 0 money and we have the same mention with bots.. the game is bad af so we just dont want to spend money on bots for a game which is... Darkorbit... this game doesnt worth to buy bots..
Old 06/29/2017, 18:47   #7

elite*gold: 35
You can implement all the features and nice things you want. Make it better than DOB for all I care. But it won't be safe, with months of testing to back that (like DOB was) then no one will pay a dime for it.

Take your time, test the fkk out of it. Make sure there are zer0 bans, then release it for a cheap price, have more public testers that way. Only then you can demand the price you want and ofc, if its a great bot. I will buy it.

Regards
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/29/2017, 20:00   #8

Received Thanks: 2,380
This thread is useless IMHO.
Everyone can think and decide on his/her own. We or anybody don't have to change their minds. About security and features, we are not near perfection. But as we test more with our core testers, more efficient the bot becomes.
And security isn't the most important thing at the moment, none of us bot our main accounts. But made some near ufes and not banned. Now we already know what they do to detect bots and what not. Still, it is easy to detect bots including pixelbots, but BP aren't trying. Come on, we are just 2 developers that are working on the bot in our free time, in summer. The past bans are just a mistake of us, well @, only person updating commands. When I am completely done with neccessary features on bot, I doubt any bans(determining no changes on server side) will happen since I will also check what's happening in the client, 2>1.
Last point I'll mention is, comparing this project with DOB or any other bots. I did use their old product, which was good and still DOB is awesome. And I have nothing against them, talking to some of v5 devs at time to time. I really appreciate thier work, effort to make an awesome product, and even I have a project to connect bots for better results. If that will work out, bots would be smarter and nearly do everything a group of people can.
Stop comparing bots to eachother, if a single bot is good, others aren't directly bad.

I feel this post isn't neccessary, I could just not post and read comments. But people being prejudging is a common issue nowadays.
Thanks
9 Users
Old 06/29/2017, 21:28   #9

Good luck on the bot guys keep working on it and take your time dw :P the more time you take the better itl be mann wish I was a beta tester jk gl guys and keep up the hard work.
Old 06/29/2017, 21:44   #10

I'm not in beta testers. However, in my opinion, I prefer a bot that pays something extra that guarantees me the safety of avoiding a ban.
This is because if you consider a full lf4 account with:
-spartan
-the new ships
-not consider the new lf4
Start from scratch for ban, now as it is no longer worth the time that is wasted is too much.
So the bot if you do not guarantee this safety should use it for small spaceships to be filled.
For full lf4 ships to you the choice.
Old 06/30/2017, 00:05   #11

Is there an official site for the bot?
Old 06/30/2017, 00:24   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONLOSO1 View Post
Is there an official site for the bot?
Why should there be one? This is no release whatsoever
It's a poll
Old 06/30/2017, 00:35   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoti View Post
Why should there be one? This is no release whatsoever
It's a poll
I know, it was to know, a well-made web site with bot's images and features would raise the hype.. perhaps even with some price reference.

However, is there a summary date for the first release?
Old 06/30/2017, 01:08   #14

I've been using bots for a couple of years, I think that before charging for the bot they should launch an open beta for a month or even two, so people trust their bot, otherwise I do not think they pay if they do not have confidence, personally Pay for this tool, greetings
Old 06/30/2017, 08:16   #15

I can say, the Bot got Bans at the Early Stage, now no bans at all the Bot is safe and is for myself atleast performing better than DOB.

So i would def. buy it.

Tags
pre-release, question about bot, thunderbot