Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 18:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Unknown Universe / Private Server

Discussion on Unknown Universe / Private Server within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Closed Thread

Old 12/28/2016, 23:09   #91

elite*gold: 0
Thread Dead?
Old 12/29/2016, 02:33   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by deppLOL View Post
Thread Dead?
Not at all!
We haven't stopped working hard and Galaxy Gates is nearly done =)!
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/29/2016, 13:16   #93

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUMANDERBUHMAN View Post
Not at all!
We haven't stopped working hard and Galaxy Gates is nearly done =)!
If it's appropriate, can you give us something like patchnotes if/when you have time for it. Even few lines would be nice like once or twice a week so we know what you're working on .

BTW can't wait for this server to go live, I have very high expectations for this one

Happy last days of 2016!
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/29/2016, 13:48   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***NOMAD*** View Post
If it's appropriate, can you give us something like patchnotes if/when you have time for it. Even few lines would be nice like once or twice a week so we know what you're working on .

BTW can't wait for this server to go live, I have very high expectations for this one

Happy last days of 2016!
What are we currently working on? Some patch-notes maybe?

As you requested we've reopened our old trello and made it public! We cleaned up some old stuff and it's right now missing many things that we're working on that will be added later.

Thanks
1 User
Old 12/29/2016, 19:46   #95

1 more question, is this server like u get millions of uri at start?
ps. i dont hope so ^^
Old 12/29/2016, 19:52   #96

elite*gold: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by deppLOL View Post
1 more question, is this server like u get millions of uri at start?
ps. i dont hope so ^^
Nah only 150k for Testing
Old 12/30/2016, 17:37   #97

when server online _? and the server one work hangar ?
my english bad
Old 01/01/2017, 20:53   #98

We finally found the game breaking bug & eliminated it!

Trello updated.

We're already getting very close to re-opening and this time with no bugs hopefully =)
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/01/2017, 23:05   #99

Quote:

Trello updated.

We're already getting very close to re-opening and this time with no bugs hopefully =)
good bro we waiting
Old 01/02/2017, 01:06   #100

If the server is online I hope that he stays longer than 2 - 3 months
Uberorbit V2 and V3 is dead now, right ? I am looking for a server until the server starts..
Old 01/02/2017, 08:42   #101

Quote:

Trello updated.

waiting to play on one of the best old time darkorbit!!! goodjob on fixing bugs and good luck for future
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/02/2017, 18:50   #102

Just to make things clear (and to avoid spam).

What are the goals of the server? It's clear that you're aiming for the 2013 experience (if I got it right.) But I would like to know what kind of game-play you're planning to establish? Mostly PvE or PvP? And if PvE, do you plan to add the same principles as we've seen in the game (GG gives you drone designs, green booty gives you drone parts for apis and zeus or will they be sold in the shop etc. etc.)?
Do you plan to add economy similar to the game or to make it notably easier to obtain reasonable equipment for your ship. And if the latter, what do you think would be appropriate rate of uridium as reward for actions or price of certain equipment to make the server balanced?
You have done great work, but I am still little concerned that if you make the "economy" anywhere near the actual game it will be little risky in my opinion (and I am extremely lazy... but that's other topic no butthurt pls) that it can face the same problems as the uberorbit 3 faced. (Hardcore grind, lots and lots of downtimes so people don't see it worthy to spend their time grinding on an unstable server.)
But yeah, these were just my opinions and concerns and I hope the best for this project. I also hope that we can get decent answer to these questions so people know what we're waiting for
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/02/2017, 21:54   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***NOMAD*** View Post
Just to make things clear (and to avoid spam).

What are the goals of the server? It's clear that you're aiming for the 2013 experience (if I got it right.) But I would like to know what kind of game-play you're planning to establish? Mostly PvE or PvP? And if PvE, do you plan to add the same principles as we've seen in the game (GG gives you drone designs, green booty gives you drone parts for apis and zeus or will they be sold in the shop etc. etc.)?
Do you plan to add economy similar to the game or to make it notably easier to obtain reasonable equipment for your ship. And if the latter, what do you think would be appropriate rate of uridium as reward for actions or price of certain equipment to make the server balanced?
You have done great work, but I am still little concerned that if you make the "economy" anywhere near the actual game it will be little risky in my opinion (and I am extremely lazy... but that's other topic no butthurt pls) that it can face the same problems as the uberorbit 3 faced. (Hardcore grind, lots and lots of downtimes so people don't see it worthy to spend their time grinding on an unstable server.)
But yeah, these were just my opinions and concerns and I hope the best for this project. I also hope that we can get decent answer to these questions so people know what we're waiting for
First of all I would like to note about the economy to the rates won't be the same as Darkorbit since they're clearly set to pay2win in my personal opinion. We are going to have our own reward system based on levels. How would that work?

For instance level 1 => Base reward * 20; level 2 => Base reward * 19;
level 3 => Base reward * 18 & so on.
(From level 20 & above its normal rate!)

After you've reached level 20 and you've made wise decisions on how you're actually spending the uridium you should be FE. From there on in order to get additional equipment such as LF4 for instance you can farm Galaxy-Gates or collect them from Booty Keys. We've got an interesting concept for the Auction which is going to let players trade items. That includes buying & selling. This auction will be uridium based and so for instance you can sell LF4 for 50k Uridium and some other player might buy it. You can take down the offer if you decide to. Something pretty familiar with the Steam market.

The other question you've asked is about the gameplay. Unlike Darkorbit we would like to put extra effort on the events. We would like to have many events through the week and to keep the players entertained. Some of them are gonna focus on PvP & others on PvE and others are gonna focus on winning. (Reward for 1 player only)

Our goal is to bring the most out of the game and do what actual Darkorbit didn't do.

Other thing we've put very much work into is a user friendly & modern design for the website. The game core might be old but we're doing our best to renovate what we're able to.

Additional thing that we're working on is custom made browser which will support the new client UI so that if you get bored of playing the old UI of Darkorbit you can just switch it with one button and you're going to have the current one of DO and still playing on the same server.

We've been working on many important things meanwhile and don't worry, we're doing our best to stabilize the server and bring the most out of it!

- Best Regards,
Unknown Universe Team
Thanks
7 Users
Old 01/03/2017, 06:54   #104

Quote:
First of all I would like to note about the economy to the rates won't be the same as Darkorbit since they're clearly set to pay2win in my personal opinion. We are going to have our own reward system based on levels. How would that work?

For instance level 1 => Base reward * 20; level 2 => Base reward * 19;
level 3 => Base reward * 18 & so on.
(From level 20 & above its normal rate!)

After you've reached level 20 and you've made wise decisions on how you're actually spending the uridium you should be FE. From there on in order to get additional equipment such as LF4 for instance you can farm Galaxy-Gates or collect them from Booty Keys. We've got an interesting concept for the Auction which is going to let players trade items. That includes buying & selling. This auction will be uridium based and so for instance you can sell LF4 for 50k Uridium and some other player might buy it. You can take down the offer if you decide to. Something pretty familiar with the Steam market.

The other question you've asked is about the gameplay. Unlike Darkorbit we would like to put extra effort on the events. We would like to have many events through the week and to keep the players entertained. Some of them are gonna focus on PvP & others on PvE and others are gonna focus on winning. (Reward for 1 player only)

Our goal is to bring the most out of the game and do what actual Darkorbit didn't do.

Other thing we've put very much work into is a user friendly & modern design for the website. The game core might be old but we're doing our best to renovate what we're able to.

Additional thing that we're working on is custom made browser which will support the new client UI so that if you get bored of playing the old UI of Darkorbit you can just switch it with one button and you're going to have the current one of DO and still playing on the same server.

We've been working on many important things meanwhile and don't worry, we're doing our best to stabilize the server and bring the most out of it!

- Best Regards,
Unknown Universe Team
great work!!! nice to see you guys working soo hard to open the old do server with new ideas !!! good luck
Old 01/04/2017, 00:09   #105

New client switch for the browser is nearly done =)

The main advantage of the browser is to you're able to choose in between UIs & you can see if you're actually lagging on the server (ping).

*NOTES:
- The browser is not a must to have and you can run the game just fine by using your own.

- That's the new UI option and old UI is also there so don't get scared when you see this.

- New UI server & old UI server are both on the same one so if you decide to play with new UI you are still gonna be able to see and do same as other players on the old UI server.
Thanks
2 Users
Closed Thread