Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 22:11

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Developer's Corner

Discussion on Developer's Corner within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,154
Developer's Corner

Developer's Corner
Welcome to the developer's corner, this thread is a place were developers can talk about their stuff, ask for help for their stuff or learn new stuff without worry about their threads being spammed by people that don't know what is about asking for "I understood a shit, explain me" so if you don't know anything about programming, cracking, reverse engineering or security please, leave this thread to avoid spam

Please, also keep in mind that there's a thread called "PrivateServer - Info and support thread" as its name says, that post is for everything related with private servers, this one is for DarkOrbit related shit.

Some things you might consider:
How does DarkOrbit's encryption works:

If you want to add something here, post it in the comments.

Hope we can keep this thread up, away from spammers (like me) and usefull for people interested in this shit.

See you!
Thanks
20 Users
Old 02/04/2015, 23:09   #2

elite*gold: 3800
The Black Market: 244/0/0
Received Thanks: 8,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by manulaiko3.0 View Post
Hope we can keep this thread up, away from spammers (like me) and usefull for people interested in this ****.
You can just report the spam and the moderator team will look for it
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/05/2015, 01:34   #3

Received Thanks: 1,170
Hi,

the game works with an DH key-exchange. The both public keys (server and client public key) are encrypted with RSA. First decrypt the public key with RSA, then you can generate the shared key with the DH key-exchange algorithm. The game use the first 16 bytes of the shared key for the ARC4 algorithm. Fine.

The game client receives from the game server a fragmented SWF. The game client use the fragmented SWF to generate a runnable SWF by "injected obfuscation". The generated SWF which loaded the game client, includes a encoder/decoder algorithm which the game client use about the ARC4 algorithm. The darkorbit server send every time a different fragment, a changed encoding/decoding algorithm. The encoding/decoding algorithm about ARC4 is every time different! The game client can't identify the encoding/decoding which the server use about the ARC4 algorithm. The game client execute the swf without care about which encoding/decoding includes in the SWF. Problem.

Bad for the packet bots. You can't identify the algorithm about ARC4 by packets (You're so freaky to identify the algorithm by the fragment size and reverse every fragment which the server can send?). Solution is, that the packet bot use the encoders/decoders includes in the fragmented SWF. (For example your bot has an AS3-Virtualmachine and load the fragmented SWF) Yeah.

But that is not a problem for private servers. You can build a own fragmented SWF with blank encoders/decoders. Your server can send your own. So you've only to implement the ARC4 algorithm.

DH = Diffie Hellman

With regards,
Anohros
Thanks
7 Users
Old 02/05/2015, 10:10   #4

elite*gold: 46
Hey guys

just wanted to ask wether someone is interested in what I would call a decent packet parsing "api" written in c++.
Some features of it:
- "Automatic" conversion from a packet parameter to it's underlying type (std::string -> what_ever_the_parameter_needs)
- "Automatic" dispatching of packets to a set of given callbacks

Gonna show you some example code:
Code:
	// Create a sample string
	std::string s = "0|a|1|2|5|0|1";

// Call the appropiate callback. The packet type is found at runtime, so the string does not need to be known at compile time
	dispatch<server_packets::all_packets>(s);

// Convert the raw string to a attack_packet
	auto packet = to_packet<server_packets::attack_packet>(s);

// Convert the attack_packet to a custom structure
	auto attack_info = from_packet<game::attack_information>(packet);
	attack_info.attacker_id = 999;

// Get the raw string from the structure
	std::string s2 = to_packet<server_packets::attack_packet>(attack_info).raw();
	assert(s2 == "0|a|999|2|5|0|1");
This is the code for the actual packet and the conversion functions. It's not too hard to understand aswell I guess. If someone is interested and wants to have the code of this I can share it. But I have to tell you that it makes the compile time somewhat longer.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 02/05/2015, 14:23   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anohros View Post
Hi,

the game works with an DH key-exchange. The both public keys (server and client public key) are encrypted with RSA. First decrypt the public key with RSA, then you can generate the shared key with the DH key-exchange algorithm. The game use the first 16 bytes of the shared key for the ARC4 algorithm. Fine.

The game client receives from the game server a fragmented SWF. The game client use the fragmented SWF to generate a runnable SWF by "injected obfuscation". The generated SWF which loaded the game client, includes a encoder/decoder algorithm which the game client use about the ARC4 algorithm. The darkorbit server send every time a different fragment, a changed encoding/decoding algorithm. The encoding/decoding algorithm about ARC4 is every time different! The game client can't identify the encoding/decoding which the server use about the ARC4 algorithm. The game client execute the swf without care about which encoding/decoding includes in the SWF. Problem.

Bad for the packet bots. You can't identify the algorithm about ARC4 by packets (You're so freaky to identify the algorithm by the fragment size and reverse every fragment which the server can send?). Solution is, that the packet bot use the encoders/decoders includes in the fragmented SWF. (For example your bot has an AS3-Virtualmachine and load the fragmented SWF) Yeah.

But that is not a problem for private servers. You can build a own fragmented SWF with blank encoders/decoders. Your server can send your own. So you've only to implement the ARC4 algorithm.

DH = Diffie Hellman

With regards,
Anohros
With a kind of ABC parser so we can write ABC directly from C#, C++, Java or any other language (and viceversa) the packet bots will come back.
But untill that happens I will continue with ASBot which will be coded in ActionScript.

See you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0untLizzi View Post
Hey guys

just wanted to ask wether someone is interested in what I would call a decent packet parsing "api" written in c++.
Some features of it:
- "Automatic" conversion from a packet parameter to it's underlying type (std::string -> what_ever_the_parameter_needs)
- "Automatic" dispatching of packets to a set of given callbacks

Gonna show you some example code:
Code:
    // Create a sample string
    std::string s = "0|a|1|2|5|0|1";

// Call the appropiate callback. The packet type is found at runtime, so the string does not need to be known at compile time
    dispatch<server_packets::all_packets>(s);

// Convert the raw string to a attack_packet
    auto packet = to_packet<server_packets::attack_packet>(s);

// Convert the attack_packet to a custom structure
    auto attack_info = from_packet<game::attack_information>(packet);
    attack_info.attacker_id = 999;

// Get the raw string from the structure
    std::string s2 = to_packet<server_packets::attack_packet>(attack_info).raw();
    assert(s2 == "0|a|999|2|5|0|1");
This is the code for the actual packet and the conversion functions. It's not too hard to understand aswell I guess. If someone is interested and wants to have the code of this I can share it. But I have to tell you that it makes the compile time somewhat longer.
Nice idea, the problem is that it will be only for private servers, and here there are not much private server developers that works in C++, although that I personally would like to see the project finish and learn new things

See you!
Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/06/2015, 02:16   #6

I think that this thread should probably be stick'd, that way people can see the official thread and all developers will have a place to talk and share things with each other.

#VoteForSticky

Regards,
Jacob
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/06/2015, 02:16   #7

#StickyMaybe This Would be good place for all the DO P-server/Bot Developers To HangOut and get some advice and tips from other developers to improve their projects.

Edit!
Damint Asus you said it first xD
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/06/2015, 02:23   #8

elite*gold: 3800
The Black Market: 244/0/0
Received Thanks: 8,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiesDO View Post
I think that this thread should probably be stick'd, that way people can see the official thread and all developers will have a place to talk and share things with each other.

#VoteForSticky

Regards,
Jacob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real.epvp View Post
#StickyMaybe This Would be good place for all the DO P-server/Bot Developers To HangOut and get some advice and tips from other developers to improve their projects.

Edit!
Damint Asus you said it first xD
I already told Asus in Skype, but a topic needs some activity to get sticky. If the other moderators are okay with this and there is some decent activity, it can be sticked.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 02/06/2015, 02:33   #9

Quote:
I already told Asus in Skype, but a topic needs some activity to get sticky. If the other moderators are okay with this and there is some decent activity, it can be sticked.
Okay So Let's Start To get this thread Active It's a great way for all the developers to get along and help each other With there codes and also like i said for tips and advice
Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/06/2015, 02:33   #10

Is this game unhackable or what? I've tried to modfy and inject request almost in 70% of DarkOrbit html and nothing -.- I'll need to look deeper.

According to ASBot: I've already established a connection with DO servers and sent (and received obviusly) some packets. I found something kinda funny, if the VersionRequest packet is different than server's version it gives you................ A BAN!!! (at least a kick for me, after that I can't enter to the dummy account :P) This means that if you're unlucky and DO updates their server and your browser loads a cached version of main.swf you will receive a cool gift
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/06/2015, 03:31   #11

elite*gold: 237
Received Thanks: 4,910
The encryption is just a toy to discourage developers from bots. Its trivial at best to bypass. You can all say "I have made a bot" but the difficulty in packet bots these days isn't any of their encryption, its the way they update their client.

Every update they randomize the ordering of variables in their packets. One version it might be UID, X, Y, Movement Time the next it might be Y, UID, Movement Time, X. You just never know. Going through every packet which is highly obfuscated and trying to figure out what everything does for over 40 packets (and thats a light weight bot) is not worth the time. Mr.Smith and I did a few updates of PBDO-Bot by hand but we had a lot of help from the tools we developed. Eventually it wasn't worth the time and we had to rethink our strategy. I'm considering writing a post in a sort of journal form of everything thats happened over the last 4 years in DarkOrbit from my point of view as a bot developer. I might not be able to remember everything but some people might find it interesting. Anyone?
Thanks
22 Users
Old 02/06/2015, 03:58   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by »jD« View Post
The encryption is just a toy to discourage developers from bots. Its trivial at best to bypass. You can all say "I have made a bot" but the difficulty in packet bots these days isn't any of their encryption, its the way they update their client.

Every update they randomize the ordering of variables in their packets. One version it might be UID, X, Y, Movement Time the next it might be Y, UID, Movement Time, X. You just never know. Going through every packet which is highly obfuscated and trying to figure out what everything does for over 40 packets (and thats a light weight bot) is not worth the time. Mr.Smith and I did a few updates of PBDO-Bot by hand but we had a lot of help from the tools we developed. Eventually it wasn't worth the time and we had to rethink our strategy. I'm considering writing a post in a sort of journal form of everything thats happened over the last 4 years in DarkOrbit from my point of view as a bot developer. I might not be able to remember everything but some people might find it interesting. Anyone?
Sure, I'm up to hear about it all »jD«, also one question. Did you go inactive on Skype? I never got to finish talking to you before, last we talked was when you went and was setting up your server :P

Anyways, if you changed your Skype, please re-add me. Skype name: reptilen13

I would like to speak to you in private rather than use the PM system on here and all as it's a hassle to wait for it to all load and etc.

Regards,
Jacob
Old 02/06/2015, 04:02   #13

elite*gold: 237
Received Thanks: 4,910
I have two skypes, one I use personally and one I use for "other stuff". I hardly ever go on my other one. I'll sign into my other one sometime.

-jD
Old 02/06/2015, 07:46   #14

Quote:

Untill a magic tool that deobfuscates and analizes swf files bots won't come back to stay, I'm sure of that. But the prupouse of ASBot is for pure knowledge so I don't care if it's down each week and I have to rewrite packets by hand.

See you!
Thanks
3 Users
Old 02/06/2015, 22:38   #15

elite*gold: 820
Received Thanks: 5,339
Quote:

They are doing the same method in Seafight.
At first it may seem impossible, but if you understand the context of each command you are able to get the right ordering.
For example the Login Command definitely has a sid string and an uid integer: So you are searching for a class that derives from the Command class and has these parameters -> There is just one, done.
There are a lot more parameters you can use to build a protocol updater.
I did the same thing with my "Marid" tool in Seafight and now it's just a simple "./protocol_updater main.swf > protocol.dat" and the bot is online again.

I think the biggest problem nowadays is it to make your program safe and prevent bans.
It's just not possible to check all the time in the Client if they changed a Byte or two in their protocol. (Maybe with huge effort if you write a tool that completely takes control of most aspects of their as3 protocol code)
But Bigpoint may do this and your program is unsafe from one moment to another. (Again, this is just the case for packet bots)
Just look at Merkava. IMO, their effort is just useless: BP makes use of this method to ban all of their customers and nobody wants to use their program anymore.
Thanks
1 User