Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 04:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Conquer Online - New 2016 Game Feature (Wardrobe System + New Wings)

Discussion on Conquer Online - New 2016 Game Feature (Wardrobe System + New Wings) within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Thumbs up Conquer Online - New 2016 Game Feature (Wardrobe System + New Wings)

Hello, i recently re-opened my old YouTube Channel wich is all about games, im aimed at Conquer Online big time atm & came across a video posted on februari 05 - 2016 by TQ Digital, all credits for the Original video goes to them.

The video is about a new game feature wich is coming to Conquer Online called the "Wardrobe System" wich in my opinion is a very cool concept, i was wondering how you guys feel about this new system?
I'm also wondering if im correct when im claiming that there are new wings added aswell?

YouTube Video (Uploaded by Videos For You, Originally made by TQ-Digital):

Enjoy

btw video Likes & YouTube subscribers are welcome very much, Thanks in regards.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/13/2016, 03:52   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
I think it's nice to see them take inspiration from other games which implement similar features, but not nice to see it orbit around money and money alone. I see features like these, and they completely rub me the wrong way because I know people are going to be sucked into paying money to have their character's appearance changed. It's just what you'd expect from a company thriving on free-to-play predatory practices. It bothers me because these types of features negatively target their community, and in a lot of cases, I've seen people's lives destroyed by free-to-play games whom employ these tactics. Even people who's lives aren't destroyed greatly regret playing this game due to the scandal that is TQ Digital. They've been adding up on these negatively targeted features for years with no improvements to core game mechanics what-so-ever. So what do I think about this feature? I think of "Hey TQ, go **** yourself." I'm currently talking to my local representatives about free-to-play games like Conquer Online... using it as a prime example for bad free-to-play practices. It really does disgust me in the worst possible way.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/13/2016, 04:03   #3

Well i do gotta admit, you have a strong case for sure.
It is indeed a free-to-play game & a pay-to-win economy but atleast they keep working on updates to give the player a new experience.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/13/2016, 04:25   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaTLine View Post
Well i do gotta admit, you have a strong case for sure.
It is indeed a free-to-play game & a pay-to-win economy but atleast they keep working on updates to give the player a new experience.
Right. What scares me is that experience though. Each purchase is just a little bit more in the moment, but those purchases add up... and add up, and add up. You ask people how much they've put into a game like Conquer Online and they answer "a couple hundred, maybe a few thousand dollars". And then you hear about the people who have spent up to $50,000 on this garbage. That's a college education at Cal Polytechnic Pomona. Companies like TQ Digital entertainment wouldn't be in business if they didn't prey upon people like this. They profit from making features for exploiting their community. That is their only goal and has been for decades. I know you hear about this all the time from people here: "TQ Digital is only doing this for the money", but hopefully this puts true perspective on the matter.
Old 02/13/2016, 14:45   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by phize View Post
Wardrobe -> Copied from D3
Achievements -> Copied from WoW
Auction system -> Copied from WoW
Mail box -> Copied from WoW

On top of my head, I'm sure there are more...

And by "copied" I don't just mean the idea/concept. They tend to use the exact same UI design. It's pathetic.
Chinese MMOs. 99% of them do the same thing, it's a cliche for a reason - it works.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/13/2016, 18:30   #6

i see nothing new
Old 02/15/2016, 15:35   #7

Such a big hate against Conquer Online
I do understand some of it but alot mmorpg's copy ideas, or design concepts of others.
Its a good thing in my opinion for several reason, for example it shows that the makers of the game are still trying to become bigger & better.
+ they keep their **** updated which is good aswell because it's needed to keep a game online.

Yes it is true that they are money wolves but its a free-2-play game, you can play this game for 10+ years while xbox or playstation games keep asking $60-80$ for each game you buy, take call of duty for example...
Just think about all the money you have spend the last 10 years on consoles, console games, controllers & console accessoires.

If you spend 50$ once in a while you can become a very good player in conquer online in 10 years probally one of the best & its cheaper then buying xbox games & dlc map packs and stuff + every 2 years a new console & every year a new expansion etc.

Keep in mind, while you invest in conquer online, WoW or other MMORPG's you are buiding something you can use even a decade later if you want to...

While investing in consoles or console games you know its useless & garbage worthly within a year... the console itself a few years later...

ps: all these "copyed" features are still coded & designed by tq, it just means they didnt come up with that specific idea earlyer then a other mmorpg did or they didnt want to add it in their game untill now.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/15/2016, 17:35   #8

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Such a big hate against Conquer Online
I do understand some of it but alot mmorpg's copy ideas, or design concepts of others.
Its a good thing in my opinion for several reason, for example it shows that the makers of the game are still trying to become bigger & better.
+ they keep their shit updated which is good aswell because it's needed to keep a game online.

Yes it is true that they are money wolves but its a free-2-play game, you can play this game for 10+ years while xbox or playstation games keep asking $60-80$ for each game you buy, take call of duty for example...
Just think about all the money you have spend the last 10 years on consoles, console games, controllers & console accessoires.

If you spend 50$ once in a while you can become a very good player in conquer online in 10 years probally one of the best & its cheaper then buying xbox games & dlc map packs and stuff + every 2 years a new console & every year a new expansion etc.

Keep in mind, while you invest in conquer online, WoW or other MMORPG's you are buiding something you can use even a decade later if you want to...

While investing in consoles or console games you know its useless & garbage worthly within a year... the console itself a few years later...

ps: all these "copyed" features are still coded & designed by tq, it just means they didnt come up with that specific idea earlyer then a other mmorpg did or they didnt want to add it in their game untill now.
If you still enjoy the money grabbing version of official conquer, more power to you but I don't understand how you can possibly claim that the game is in any way fair or that playing casually (even with some small purchases) is doable. Half of the features they add are literally THOUSANDS of USD to use. Just because of how the game works someone who spends those thousands fully unlocking max chi and jiang and whatever the hell TQ added after that, your lower bp character is going to be basically worthless vs them.

There's some cool concepts to conquer. I prefer most of the older ones but even a lot of their newer content has the potential to be really fun but they ruin it with their greed.

If you wanna play official and you're invested in it, go for it but I think our advice to stay the hell away from official and go to a properly managed pserver if you enjoy the game is sound advice.

Apex/Triumph has classic + custom content
PlayConquer has current tq version content

Just because horrible abominations of servers exist doesn't mean there aren't ones worth playing.
Old 02/15/2016, 17:47   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
If you still enjoy the money grabbing version of official conquer, more power to you but I don't understand how you can possibly claim that the game is in any way fair or that playing casually (even with some small purchases) is doable. Half of the features they add are literally THOUSANDS of USD to use. Just because of how the game works someone who spends those thousands fully unlocking max chi and jiang and whatever the hell TQ added after that, your lower bp character is going to be basically worthless vs them.

There's some cool concepts to conquer. I prefer most of the older ones but even a lot of their newer content has the potential to be really fun but they ruin it with their greed.

If you wanna play official and you're invested in it, go for it but I think our advice to stay the hell away from official and go to a properly managed pserver if you enjoy the game is sound advice.

Apex/Triumph has classic + custom content
PlayConquer has current tq version content

Just because horrible abominations of servers exist doesn't mean there aren't ones worth playing.
Yeah it's true that their greed has become to much in the last 5 years still doesnt take away the facts i stated above in my last post.

I'll try Apex/Triumph today, been looking for a decent classic gameplay server and since you're recommending it, it's probally a decent one & worth trying.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/15/2016, 18:18   #10

Quote:
Yeah it's true that their greed has become to much in the last 5 years still doesnt take away the facts i stated above in my last post.

I'll try Apex/Triumph today, been looking for a decent classic gameplay server and since you're recommending it, it's probally a decent one & worth trying.
Disclaimer apex/triumph are my own so I freely admit I may be biased but yah. It's classic and we also release a ton of unique custom content.

PlayCO is literally a 100% accurate rip of current patch conquer but with better rates and less pay2win so if you like what CO has, it's a no brainer to play on playco instead.
Old 02/15/2016, 18:31   #11

Regarding the investment comment, I still have my Nintendo 64. It's been close to two decades now, and it's all my friends want to play when they're over. How much did it cost me, or my parents, at the time? Around $199, plus around $100 for the games I had. Same goes for my PS2, I bought that used for $90 with my first computer repair job. I still have it and still play games on it. Generally, all of my games are like this; although, I don't tend to buy games that aren't massively replayable. My budget isn't big for games, so that's the result I suppose.
Old 02/15/2016, 19:32   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Regarding the investment comment, I still have my Nintendo 64. It's been close to two decades now, and it's all my friends want to play when they're over. How much did it cost me, or my parents, at the time? Around $199, plus around $100 for the games I had. Same goes for my PS2, I bought that used for $90 with my first computer repair job. I still have it and still play games on it. Generally, all of my games are like this; although, I don't tend to buy games that aren't massively replayable. My budget isn't big for games, so that's the result I suppose.
Your situation isn't a common one.
There are also people who bought a 80$ mini laptop & downloaded conquer online while never spending 1$ in the last 5 years in conquer and still are decent players because of their bound gears, events, quests, farming efforts & friends who donate & help.

Yes i know that there are people who've spended WAY to much in co but they would have got addicted to something else anyways if co didnt addict them, those are "special" cases

+

Says enough aswell right... just a viral pic from Facebook.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/15/2016, 19:45   #13

Right, but it's the business model I'm attacking. People who don't spend money on the game aren't the target of TQ, and they generally don't stand even a remote chance against people who spend money on the game. Their features still target people who pour money into the game.
Old 02/15/2016, 20:31   #14

The business model itself is not bad, the way this disgusting product uses it is horrible. I have never ever seen a more intrusive freemium game that targets whales (or in this case addicts) this aggressively. For an intro on the topic,

Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/15/2016, 21:07   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
The business model itself is not bad, the way this disgusting product uses it is horrible. I have never ever seen a more intrusive freemium game that targets whales (or in this case addicts) this aggressively. For an intro on the topic,

Exactly. I have no problem with fremium. Hell I have no issue with games where spending thousands of dollars on cosmetics or convenience features is possible (and even common) but as soon as your features are specifically designed to FORCE people to do it if they want to experience the content in your game or be competitive (in pvp focused games especially) then there is an issue.

I have spent a *** awful amount of money on league but that was my choice and the game was not designed to force or trick me into doing it.