Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 02:04

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] Fastest MySql System [C#]

Discussion on [Release] Fastest MySql System [C#] within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old 04/14/2011, 10:35   #31

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
That isn't the case though in this instance. Making 5 dictionaries for values to be send as objects is useless. All it is is a string builder. If you know how to build the string yourself, then the code isn't even needed.
Nope, saint is still right in your case.
Old 04/14/2011, 10:52   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by |NeoX View Post
Nope, saint is still right in your case.
What are you talking about? Of course he's not. Why the hell would you add dictionaries to build a string when you can just tell if what the hell the string is and send it? That makes no sense.
Old 04/14/2011, 11:04   #33

Quote:
What are you talking about? Of course he's not. Why the hell would you add dictionaries to build a string when you can just tell if what the hell the string is and send it? That makes no sense.
Efficiency vs length of code. It was a generic sample of the main idea, is it really that hard to understand?
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/14/2011, 11:37   #34

Quote:
Why would you even build a string

Korvacs told you about stored procedures...
Old 04/14/2011, 12:15   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
Efficiency vs length of code. It was a generic sample of the main idea, is it really that hard to understand?
1. I ******* understand it. Shut the hell up and start reading. I'm not talking about the **** Saint brought up. If you want to make 5 dictionaries to build a string then go for it. I'm going to keep writing them out by hand.

2. Stop trolling. This thread has lived up to its purpose. Sad how this forum has such a huge problem with people like you. This is my last post. I'm going private for now on, and forever. Say what you will, I don't give a ****- because I know you will and I know what you'll say. Say it all you want- but this forum is still going to be a hell hole. I'm going to live on with my life. There's no need for a forum like this.

This is how coders go cold.
Old 04/14/2011, 12:24   #36

*** ******* dammit. That was NOT an example for YOUR case, it was an example in GENERAL PROGRAMMING. He was basically proving that length of code doesn`t always mean better performance. Stop acting like you`re the uberbrain here, it`s really ******* annoying.
Old 04/14/2011, 12:27   #37

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
No, it's not. Why the hell would you want to make 5 dictionaries to build a ******* string though if you can just ******* write it? THAT is what isn't making any sense to me. Explain yourself. If you can't then this thread has met its purpose.
No one in the thread ever stated that using 5 dictionaries to build a query was faster than the assignment used to create a string query. Your the one who has been pushing that idea.

Saint suggested that in some cases having more lines of code results in more efficient code, he did not state that using a single string is less efficient than 5 dictionaries.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/14/2011, 12:30   #38

Quote:
1. I ******* understand it. Shut the hell up and start reading. I'm not talking about the **** Saint brought up. If you want to make 5 dictionaries to build a string then go for it. I'm going to keep writing them out by hand.

2. Stop trolling. This thread has lived up to its purpose. Sad how this forum has such a huge problem with people like you. This is my last post. I'm going private for now on, and forever. Say what you will, I don't give a ****- because I know you will and I know what you'll say. Say it all you want- but this forum is still going to be a hell hole. I'm going to live on with my life. There's no need for a forum like this.

Longer code != Less efficient.
Old 04/14/2011, 12:30   #39

Please close this thread, I`m slowly getting to the point where I`ll get up that old beretta and shoot myself.

Congratulations, you`re the perfect example for a very severe case of arrogancy.
Old 04/14/2011, 12:39   #40

Quote:
Removed.

Why do you think?
Is it really THAT shocking to you that I removed it?
I lol'd. It's still on the internet.
Old 04/14/2011, 18:27   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
No one in the thread ever stated that using 5 dictionaries to build a query was faster than the assignment used to create a string query. Your the one who has been pushing that idea.

Saint suggested that in some cases having more lines of code results in more efficient code, he did not state that using a single string is less efficient than 5 dictionaries.
You probably seen the way I wrote my MySQLCommand class. Well, for the insert command I use 5 dictionaries ( can be used one only actually ) to store the info for the insert command. When Execute() is called, the data from the dictionaries will be gathered together in the string. Then it's cleared.

Though, using my wrapper will only cost you the time of calling the function and ending the call, which is a matter of nano seconds and shouldn't even count.

Haven't tried the stored procedures yet, will try them later.
Old 04/14/2011, 18:50   #42

Quote:

U said that like 20 times this year and about 200 times last year mate.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/14/2011, 20:39   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by |NeoX View Post
U said that like 20 times this year and about 200 times last year mate.
He is back next week with a new name and the best source.
Old 04/14/2011, 22:11   #44

Never seen the wrapper, but dictionaries are still useful in efficiency.

Code:
dict[int,int] memo

int fib(n) {
  if (!memo.contains(n)) {
     int r = fib (n-1) + fib (n-2)
     memo.add(n, r)
     return r
  }
  else return memo[n]
}
Old 04/15/2011, 14:30   #45