Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 17:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Help] auth,game server basic info

Discussion on [Help] auth,game server basic info within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Help] auth,game server basic info

ok need some basic server info.

why is auth server and game server better when they are separate,
then when they are in the same console?
Old 01/05/2011, 13:14   #2

elite*gold: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrototypeGaming View Post
  1. One login server linking to multiple game servers
  2. Game server will not be affected if the login server crashes I had never thought of that. Adding to my todo list.
  3. Game server should just focus on the game instead of login
  4. They do not need to be on the same computer
Old 01/05/2011, 13:18   #3

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrototypeGaming View Post
  1. One login server linking to multiple game servers
  2. Game server will not be affected if the login server crashes
  3. Game server should just focus on the game instead of login
  4. They do not need to be on the same computer
same console u mean?
Old 01/05/2011, 13:20   #4

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
All of these have been said before really quite a few times. One login server doing the authentication for many game servers is a big advantage, the game server doesnt need to be concerned with authenticating incoming connections to the same degree. Which means that alot less cpu time is spent on it, meaning more can be spent on the actual game packets.

You can host them on separate machines and only expose the game ip address to the client in the packet so if someone decides they are going to attack your server chances are they will attack the auth server and not the game server.
Thanks
1 User