Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 06:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Some truths private servers need to be aware of!

Discussion on Some truths private servers need to be aware of! within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Some truths private servers need to be aware of!

Haha, yeah, it's a wall of text...

I've unintentionally become a Conquer private server critic, after trying to satisfy myself with a decent private server to stay on, only to fail one after another. Some of you may have seen a character or forum member called AisanAssassin - that's me. But I come here again to reveal my studies and share my reports. This is my 2nd post, and some of you may have seen my other post months ago about unbalanced private servers.

Now... What do "I" criticize of a private server? This is personal of me, and you fellow elitepvpers are free to agree/disagree -

#1 Reason to come to private servers - Escape bulkers. Yep, when TQ got money-hungry, they ditched us hardcore dedicated players and only cared for the moneybag players. Real CO's logo changed to "Free to play, PAY TO WIN!". So, I resorted to private servers, only to see this nightmare haunt me once more. A donations page on their personal server website allows moneybag players to reach extremely unfair advantages, which sucks for the hardcore dedicated players. Bulkers are now "donators" now. It sucks. End of story.

Did any private server owner think of alternatives to help pay for the server uptime, rather than letting players feel bulker-hell again?
You could let players pay for little things for SMALL advantages over SMALL amounts of times - increased personal rates (10% more exp, gold, cps, chances for mets/dbs, - idea from HellmouthCO, very clever), 20% more stam (that's JUST 1 more fb/ss added onto Heaven's Blessing's 50%), 15 second reviving, 2x the effects of Luckytime, a temporary cool-looking halo, and other little stuff that doesn't ruin the PvE or PvP system for normal, free players but could be little tweaks that moneybag players can want and enjoy. Also, those can last weekly/monthly, meaning... (You can figure out the advantages that help the costs that keep your server running.)

And other stuff not ingame like buying more accounts after a limit of 5, name changing, instant merchant or item unlock, or even give small shortcuts (buy a whole set of level 15 elite gears of a class, or buy level 100, still makes the player work themself till level 130, and their gears until Super +12, 2 soc, -7, enchants) But donations for bogus items, unreachable levels, crazy reborns? That's an automatic quit for me.

#2 - What ruins a private server... the BALANCE.
"Oh look mane! We have new item ONLY for Trojans cause Warrior shield gay! Look! New weapon with 48375894321 attack, huh, what's a new armor? Oh, me no make new level 185 whip, me want to see gay club/blade or sword/blade Trojans. Ahh see this +20 SDG/SDG -10 +5000 HP GoldCup for only donators! Try new skill, it make 658373 damage to everything in screen, only for Fire, oh, who care if archer get no new skill!" You get the point.

I don't mind +15s... if they weren't so overpowered and were actually calculated to be balanced and not scribbled "+25000".
Why make a new item ONLY for a class that's already beast? OR yet, why make level 185 weapons, and not make 185 necklaces, headgears, armors, boots, etc. to balance out the insane attack? OR why only make a level 185 blade/club/sword, and not a scepter, whip, or the 2Hs?
Does any 5095+ server care about the Fan/Tower power differences?

Wahhh, I believe adding items into the game is awesome to enhance gameplay, make the server more unique, and fix balances (like the Warrior class needing more defence, boots' dodge needing to be reduced, etc.). But I believe adding only certain or extreme(ly unbalanced) is simply wrong...

#3 Lack of... Motivation. Ahh, finally got maxed out on the server. No quests are on the server give me a good challenge, reward, or even fun. Don't need cps for my maxed out gears. No mobs can beat me (even at level 100...). All I do is sit in PKA bored with my friends and hope an unlucky noob comes by. Shoot, that server must have no flavor or anything uniquely fun to it. I also have to ask -

"Yes, we have level 200 on our server! We want you to be there monotonously in that dull Labrynth or Winezone for weeks! We want you to get bored on the server cause it's the only place to level and it's the only monsters to level on! It appears to be the only way to keep you on the server, and it's an awesome way to make you quit!" Ummm. Okay. Have you owners tried to level there yourselves until the max level? You can see why people complain and get bored on your server. Add more maps, more (different) monsters each level, hmm, maybe leveling could be interesting. I'm fighting level 144 dragons, that can actually hit over 100 on me! I would be entertained by that if every 3 levels had a different mob/map. Even TQ thought monsters changing every 5 levels would be cool, after you fight Sandmonsters, you move onto Hillmonsters, then to BI, not too repetitive/boring/monotonous now, eh?

Now when you do reach that insane level with your insane gears, what do you do now? PKA. No one's there? Your goals are already met on the server. It's time to get bored now. Me, I would bring out the lost maps and features out of CO to challenge players. Remember that old Blue Mouse quest? Change up the rewards for something useful for a maxed player, place monsters with 20k attack in the mines, boss monsters in scattered levels that rape maxed players, and challenge the dang player for some awesome rewards. Or the snake quest where on Real CO you potted your balls off? Change the rewards and stats of that boss and you got a challenge. A maxed Trojan thinks he's gonna twirl his clubs and dance through the gardens with snakes, but only to be attacked by a barraged of 1k magic hits. Then he goes to the boss, which has 65k hp, 30-40k attack whichcan be ranged and multi-hit, 40k defense, and 80% magic defense, 85 dodge, and 75% damage reduction. Holy crap, but it's heck worth it for X amount of cps, a GoldCup, and a crapload of fun!
The Ancient Devil quest "was" fun. I'd make it fun again, too bad private server owners are lazy, uncreative, or just want to focus on the PKA or donations. Those class bosses COULD force your character (archer, warrior, or even water) to use your skills. Maybe the only way to kill the Fire Taoist boss is to use Bombscroll, Fixed Fire Meteor, and FireCircle, Nado hits nothing. The Trojan Boss of the Ancient devil quest could probably only have 20k hp, 70k defense, and it could demand pure Trojans with CruelShade or awesome people with fixed penetration to take it down. Then the Ancient Devil himself has insane stats, insane multi-hit/ranged attacks, and the skill reflect.

GAHHHH, there's so many things that Conquer already has! Sure people can add new quests and maps, but there's already awesome quests in CO that could be tweaked for more awesomeness! Sky Pass, Dis City, and so much more! The Adventure Zones look empty - not anymore with insane monsters and NPCs for tons of quests in that place! Also, this gives reasons and challenges players to stay on the server. It also enhances your server and you can put "REFINED/RENOVATED CLASSIC CO QUESTS" as a juicy description on your elitepvper or xtremetop100 advertisement.

That basically sums up my private server reviews. Hmm.... If I could code like the beasts I know in elitepvpers (cough cough, such as pro4never or InfamousNoone) I sure would wanna make an amazing, thrilling and extremely unique server. I imagine a server where there are no complaints about donations, unbalance, or boringness and where players keep finding reasons on the server to be entertained so they'd never want to quit. A server where each class, even the archers or warriors, find complete balance and place in PvE and PvP. Ahh, but there's always gonna be complaints and nothing's perfect. I'm a smart creative kid, but I don't think coding in C# is for me. I'm probably gonna quit CO forever for stealing so many hours of my life anyways... >.<
Thanks
14 Users
Old 07/25/2010, 21:52   #2

Are you AsianAssassin87?
Good thread.
Old 07/25/2010, 21:58   #3

elite*gold: 20
A lot of passion and logic displayed here.

The majority of server owners nowadays are money hungry idiots, running the same carbon-copy of every other server which is the same carbon-copy of TQ's server.

The majority of people with the knowledge to create a server from scratch and implement both your ideas from existing conquer and original and new ideas of the community, have either retired from private servers (hybrid), or just plain cannot be arsed.

The thing is, everything you have said makes sense, but with the ever-growing mountain of binary servers, the chance at having a real community of a decent size, is extremely slim, and moreover, not worth the time of any developer.

Really admire your post though.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/25/2010, 21:59   #4

well da truth is da truth, even if it hurts...

#1 Reason to come to private servers - Escape bulkers.

1.I totally agree with u on dis one, I am currently makin a 5165 p-server with NO donations and no newbs being like "OMG I CANT DONATE FOR FREE GEARS PLZZZ FREE CPS!"

2.I also believe u when I also saw the new real co banner...I was dissatisfied...ofc I left conquer years ago for da same **** lol...

3.MANY ppl dat make p-servers CLAIM dey need money to help keep da server up but its deir responsibility to KEEP IT RUNNING and not force da other players to pay for higher levels,ranks,cps,even gears-I personally have NEVER donated to a p-server in my life nor I will ever make a p-server in which u donate money...

#2 - What ruins a private server... the BALANCE.

1.true....WHY make new items for a class dat is alredy GOOD/GREAT enough to pwn newblets, WHY? I think it's because they want a non-stable fighting community they are not aware of >.>...

2. adding items is great, just don't try adding to much or da players will become mad with power jus like da ppl dat have money IN RL dat become mad with power...

#3 Lack of... Motivation.

1. THIS is one of da main reasons ppl BULK UP deir players and suddenly dey decide to sell it, delete it, or even give it away...WHY? jus like u said p-servers mostly focus on donations just so dey can tell players, " HEY, come buy our cheap stuff with great rewards in game!"<--- was dat really tempting? don't think so. "I" personally like experiencing da game for myself and bulkin up my character da normal, fun, and adventuresome way...

my summary: I TOTALLY AGREE WITH U.
hope p-server owners take a look at dis one day lol...nice job mate, I kno u convinced me (;
Old 07/25/2010, 23:03   #5

You read my freaking mind
Old 07/25/2010, 23:09   #6

Dude, you are the best! +k

add to my post whatever Haydz said.
Old 07/25/2010, 23:16   #7

Received Thanks: 2,518
Great that you spent time to write this out, and i agree entirely, sadly chances of people listening and making alterations to reflect what has been said, i would say are practically 0.
Old 07/25/2010, 23:17   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
Great that you spent time to write this out, and i agree entirely, sadly chances of people listening and making alterations to reflect what has been said, i would say are practically 0.
Make it 1% for those who doesn't run off tq binaries, like myself.
Old 07/26/2010, 06:35   #9

@tholaz
Yes I am, and thanks. Do I know you from anywhere? xD

@© Haydz
Ahh, I completely and whoel-heartedly agree with you. Though I've never tried HybridCO, I've heard it was an amazing server. Do you know any other private server that's both classic and original?

@killersub
Haha thanks. From your signature, I can assume you're an experienced coder and maybe a future private server owner! Good luck man, and feel free to use these ideas for your own server, and ask me for awesome ideas anytime!

@Korvacs
I know lol, that the sad truth I revealed to myself as well.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/26/2010, 20:52   #10

yeah finally some1 spend some time and wrote this wall of text called "The real truth behind Private Servers" and i agree with u ++ for spending some time and clear show how look lots of Pservers. Ya ur right with lazyness and uncreative but looking on it from other side its not so simple to create an interesting quest which can bring lots of players to do it lot of servers has lot of shyts added so the owners will need some time to find a quest that will match the stats of the server :P. And with classes most Pserevrs support/prefer ninja's/tro's and taos and how about warriors and archers they r useless wariors r using only for lvling to get 2nd rb or just to get highest lvl not for pk or whatever same with archers they r just for hunt so we can just say those things but owners wont change anything coz their server brings them good profit so why change it? And it looks like top of Pserevrs r like real Co they just r interesting in earning money nothing else some owners rnt rly testing the stats they made it to get better profit thats all :P idk what u guys think but this is my opinion and i fully agree with thread starter :P
Thanks
1 User