Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 20:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Question] Reading MagicType.dat

Discussion on [Question] Reading MagicType.dat within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Question] Reading MagicType.dat

Hey, I'm having some issues reading MagicType.dat. I decrypted it and I got this as an example...
Code:
1000 1 Thunder 1 0 0 0 0 1 7 500 100 0 0 9 0 4194303 2000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1000 0 1 903 Upgradable Magic~attack Intone-1 NULL NULL NULL 0 Thunder sound\thunder.wav NULL NULL 0 0 1
I searched it on elitepvpers and looked in my source but I'm scared that the source might be wrong. If anyone has a resource that'd be awesome.
Old 04/15/2010, 09:52   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Unless he deleted his post (possible cause it was a while ago...) someone posted a full guide to understanding magictype.dat and editing some of the stuff in there.

NOTE: I could be wrong but I remember at one point it being 'impossible' (very difficult) to add anything new to it as it was checked by the .exe or something (again, not sure on this... just something I remember reading) so you had to edit unused skills already in there as opposed to adding new ones.

I'd suggest a quick search for the guide.. although by now it's probably either buried in a few years worth of spam or deleted (I know alot of the old members deleted their releases/guides out of anger at new members)
Old 04/15/2010, 17:19   #3

you could try look at the other codes.
Then you might find out what wich area does.
Not sure if you can do that.
Old 04/15/2010, 18:30   #4

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Unless he deleted his post (possible cause it was a while ago...) someone posted a full guide to understanding magictype.dat and editing some of the stuff in there.

NOTE: I could be wrong but I remember at one point it being 'impossible' (very difficult) to add anything new to it as it was checked by the .exe or something (again, not sure on this... just something I remember reading) so you had to edit unused skills already in there as opposed to adding new ones.

I'd suggest a quick search for the guide.. although by now it's probably either buried in a few years worth of spam or deleted (I know alot of the old members deleted their releases/guides out of anger at new members)
The guide about the magictype.dat was removed quite some time ago.
Old 04/15/2010, 22:27   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Øblivion View Post
Wow
If you have a problem with me then simply don't come to my threads. It's that simple.

The guide must have been deleted before I got into this stuff. It is possible to add skills to the 5165 source. You have to delete the ones in there and replace them using the skilladder form. The skills on there are messed up which is why I want to re-add them. I'm also looking at the reader in the source and i'm questioning if it's correct or not: that's why I need some help reading it. I'll study it a bit more but so far I can only understand the first 3 and a few middle variables.