Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 19:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Regarding Npcs Names

Discussion on Regarding Npcs Names within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 01/16/2010, 07:19   #16

elite*gold: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by spare2 View Post
Well if you like to hear it from inf, then here's one of his quotes (if you ever bother to read the stickies).
Yeah, bout that, i am a hands on learner. Not everyone learns like hybrid. I learn by doing, i can't sit around and read guides for hours and know how to do ****. And i ask for help because i simply don't know, and the way to learn for me is to ask for help, its what i was taught.
Old 01/16/2010, 07:32   #17

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBucks View Post
Yeah, bout that, i am a hands on learner. Not everyone learns like hybrid. I learn by doing, i can't sit around and read guides for hours and know how to do ****. And i ask for help because i simply don't know, and the way to learn for me is to ask for help, its what i was taught.
I never learned by reading guides :P (well articles here an there of course, but it was never all from one site. I'd download the source of a project (codeproject.com I think it is rocks!) and start removing/adding code based on what was there an observe what changes occurred. My learning style for programming was similar to that of *M*'s. I extrapolate on what I'm given when I wished to add; I interpolated with what I had when I needed to modify.
Old 01/16/2010, 07:34   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
I never learned by reading guides :P (well articles here an there of course, but it was never all from one site. I'd download the source of a project (codeproject.com I think it is rocks!) and start removing/adding code based on what was there an observe what changes occurred. My learning style for programming was similar to that of *M*'s. I extrapolate on what I'm given when I wished to add; I interpolated with what I had when I needed to modify.
Yeah thats what i do. I find the examples on codeproject and then see what does what, and how it performs that task.

Is it possible to make the npc file server sided so you wouldn't have to patch everytime?
Old 01/16/2010, 07:35   #19

Received Thanks: 2,882
I edited my inital post a bit, StepPacket(sizeof(WORD) * 2) just steps over the size/type of the packet think of whats going on in the sense of reading from a stream.
Old 01/16/2010, 07:44   #20

Quote:
I edited my inital post a bit, StepPacket(sizeof(WORD) * 2) just steps over the size/type of the packet think of whats going on in the sense of reading from a stream.
To be honest, all of that is confusing because I can only really understand C# at the moment (Although that may be C# it looks like your using different methods, i think). I think i get the basics of it, but i have yet to mess with packets so i don't really know how to start.

Ok, i was just looking at the MobSpawn packet and you are able to state the name through the packet. What im wondering is can you edit the NpcSpawn packet? You probably can't because the client won't recognize it but its worth asking i guess.
Old 01/16/2010, 08:05   #21

Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong, 'cause I am not sure what ReadPacket() returns nor am I too familiar with C++.
But what that block of code basically does is read the NPC packet, and get the NPC ID, X, Y, and Interaction(not sure what that is =p) from the packet. Then if it can take the bytes of the packet, then it takes each char of the packet and puts it into the array of szName. If ReadPacket() returns false, it will read npc.ini for the name using the NPC ID retrieved from the packet. And if none is found, it returns "NPC_ERROR". If the name is found, it is put into szName.
Old 01/16/2010, 08:28   #22

elite*gold: 0
..just like changing the poles name when you one gw.. find the function, create a new one. your done.
Old 01/16/2010, 09:19   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeTe Ninja View Post
..just like changing the poles name when you one gw.. find the function, create a new one. your done.
Haha, i found the shop **** but hey. Lol