Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 06:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Battle Power

Discussion on Battle Power within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Battle Power

So, as you all know; Battle Power is on the top left corner of your Status, or Equipment View.

Now, I was able to remove the image from the GUI's.

Although the image was removed, the numbers stayed.

I want to know where exactly can the numbers be removed from, I'm not talking about all the numbers such as the c3/effect file and such. I just wish to remove the BattlePower numbers from the Status screen, where can the file to do so be found? Or if you would like to provide more information, what is that file called?
Old 03/17/2015, 00:11   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Hmmm I'll mention this thread to Freszone as he handled removing the battle power number in Apex both for your own characters and characters which you are inspecting. I believe he just overrode the BP calculation function and made it return 0 every time.
Old 03/17/2015, 01:04   #3

Removing the number requires patching Conquer.exe, pretty easy to do if you know what you're looking for but not so if you don't.
Feel free to contact me if you need help, I can completely remove the numbers for you for a small fee.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/17/2015, 22:06   #4

Sorry Freszone, I'm not looking to pay for programming or anything, I wish to learn. I'm not making a Server for hosting or anything, It's just a hobby of mine that I do to edit Conquer and try new things that I think would make it better.

If you don't mind, please tell me what program you use for editing the .exe file.

I'll try to find the BattlePower placement myself, thanks for the offer though.
Old 03/17/2015, 22:46   #5

Pretty much standard when trying to work with assembly.
Old 03/17/2015, 22:53   #6

There are plenty of programs you can use to apply the patch, e.g. any editor with binary editing support.
Personally I would use IDA to create a difference file and patch the executable using that.
You should probably use OllyDbg since it can do the patching for you, there are some guides here that explain how to use it.
Old 03/21/2015, 18:46   #7

I cant find the actual BattlePower within OllyDBG, since I have no idea what I'm looking for as Freszone said. Any tip or any help you could give would be great.

I saw the ApexConquer server, the battle power was not removed, as it was overridden, I searched things around and I believe I found it to be replaced with 65535, but I don't quite see where I could even edit this myself.
Old 03/21/2015, 19:30   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeps255 View Post
I cant find the actual BattlePower within OllyDBG, since I have no idea what I'm looking for as Freszone said. Any tip or any help you could give would be great.

I saw the ApexConquer server, the battle power was not removed, as it was overridden, I searched things around and I believe I found it to be replaced with 65535, but I don't quite see where I could even edit this myself.
We override the calculate BP method in the client so that it always returns as being 0.
Old 03/21/2015, 19:52   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
We override the calculate BP method in the client so that it always returns as being 0.
I know, but I still have no idea on how to even do that. I have no idea what I'm suppose to be looking for within the .exe
Old 03/21/2015, 20:07   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeps255 View Post
I know, but I still have no idea on how to even do that. I have no idea what I'm suppose to be looking for within the .exe
You would need to have a reasonable amount of knowledge concerning .exe debugging/assembly and follow instructions back from a given point (such as where gear is equipped/unequipped) to find the calculation and then override its instructions.

It's not a matter of "search *** change to YYY"
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/21/2015, 20:10   #11

Completely removing the battle power number and the view you get by clicking 'Potency' is easy once you find the function that returns the battle power.
But as for finding it, there isn't any magic 'BattlePower calculation function here' string you could search for.
There are two different functions, one for local player and one for other players.

A tip I could give for you on finding the local player function is to find the offset of battle power on local player.
This works since the function for local player just returns value stored in a member variable, call it 'm_BattleLevel'.
So once you have the offset, search for immediate values and you should get probably few matches.
After that it should be pretty straight forward to figure out what's the correct function.
The battle power for other players is calculated inside the function making it 'harder' to find.

I could also just tell you to search for this and this string and the function is X bytes above but you wouldn't really learn anything.

P.S. I didn't actually use this way and don't guarantee it to work for any newer patch, could very well have changed few times during the years.
Old 03/21/2015, 20:36   #12

The Conquer.exe is between patch 5017 and 5065 not sure where in between, but somewhere around there. Still with the old Login Screen. Also I was able to find this Which I doubt would help me with anything. Within that Hex code there's the BattleLevel button which you would normally find on the GUI as 1464.

As of now, all I know is how to find the services from StrRes.ini in the Conquer.exe, but I doubt I could find the BattlePower in there.
Old 03/21/2015, 20:44   #13

We are talking about editing using a debugger such as olly, not hex editing...

Assembly language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You need to locate the appropriate functions and override the CPU instructions and then patch that new code into the exe.