Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Lottery

Discussion on Lottery within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lottery

So I'm in the process of coding a lottery system. The problem I'm having is that I can only think of a way to pick items at completely random. I can't figure out how to pick an item on chance. Basically all I'm doing is picking a group of entries with all the same chance value, and picking an item out of there. This is working completely random instead of chance so it kind of messes it up and beefs up the lotto. Any suggestions?
Old 02/18/2014, 12:31   #2

try something like this i used for using random spell

most sources use list
Old 02/18/2014, 12:31   #3

Well create a chance method.

Have the chance percent as an argument, then perform your random calculations, and return if it was a success or failure.
Almost every source in the released section has one of these systems, take a look.
Should be rather easy to create one yourself.
Old 02/18/2014, 17:23   #4

Something like this?
Code:
	ConquerItem SelectItem()
	{
		while (true)
		{
			foreach (byte key; in m_lotteryItems.keys) // ConquerItemCollection[byte] m_lotteryItems;
			{
				import dconquer.calculations;
				if (ChanceSuccess(key))
					return new ConquerItem(m_lotteryItems[key].SelectRandomItem());
			}
		}
		return null;
	}
ChanceSuccess:
Code:
bool ChanceSuccess(byte chance)
{
	import std.random;
	import dconquer.core.generators;

if (chance >= 100)
		return true;
	auto rn = uniform(0, chance, RandomGenerator);
        return (rn < chance);
}
Old 02/19/2014, 04:18   #5

a while(true) loop without a sleep? Fishy.
Old 02/19/2014, 05:15   #6

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y u k i View Post
a while(true) loop without a sleep? Fishy.
It's also written in D, hinting he's working on a conquer online server source written in D.
Old 02/19/2014, 05:23   #7

elite*gold: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited Fang View Post
It's also written in D, hinting he's working on a conquer online server source written in D.
Explains my confusion on a couple keywords :P
Old 02/19/2014, 17:39   #8

@Yuki, if you had a bit common sense you'd figure out that it probably wouldn't run infinite, because the rates on items aren't 0% and that some items might have high rates so it would probably only run 1-3 times.

If it makes you happy this could be used:
Code:
import core.thread;
Thread.sleep(dur!("msecs")( 1 ));
@fang I was, although I've considering writing a new.