Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 02:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

how to make NPC that can change colors for weapons?

Discussion on how to make NPC that can change colors for weapons? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
how to make NPC that can change colors for weapons?

how to make NPC that can change colors for weapons like helmets, and armors?
Old 09/12/2013, 22:06   #2

I believe those are client edits, making it impossible for an NPC to make those changes.

Armors would be possible, it would just like be using a dye bottle.
So you would just set the npc up similar to using the dye bottle.
Old 09/12/2013, 22:12   #3

@OP Item colors are an offset in packet 1008 (Item info packet) and packet 10014 (Spawn packet)

I assume items has a variable that controls the color. Simply change that and then update the item by sending the proper packets to the client.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceking View Post
I believe those are client edits, making it impossible for an NPC to make those changes.

Armors would be possible, it would just like be using a dye bottle.
So you would just set the npc up similar to using the dye bottle.
No it's not.
Old 09/12/2013, 23:01   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
@OP Item colors are an offset in packet 1008 (Item info packet) and packet 10014 (Spawn packet)

I assume items has a variable that controls the color. Simply change that and then update the item by sending the proper packets to the client.

No it's not.
Really? I always thought weapon glows etc were all client edits.
I have never messed with it though
Old 09/13/2013, 00:09   #5

He's not asking for glows, but colors.
Old 09/13/2013, 01:43   #6

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Re read the thread.

He asked to change weapon colors "like you do with armors and headgears".

Weapons do not have a color value associated with them and therefor they cannot be changed by the server side.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/13/2013, 02:41   #7

Oh I thought he just mistook armors and headgears for being weapons, because of poor English.
Old 09/13/2013, 03:03   #8

So the only way to do that would be to edit the files client side and include them in a patch but it would only make the color change permanent, and you wouldn't have the option for an npc to change them.

I suppose technically, you could create multiple color effects, and then create multiple itemtypes of that item with the different effects.
Which would then let you have a NPC change the item to one with the desired color effect.

Sounds like alot of hassle though.
Old 09/13/2013, 03:52   #9

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Yah only way to do it would be to make duplicate versions of each weapon each one representing a different color.

You'd then code your color NPC to pull valid color options for your current weapon and allow you to change between the different item IDs.

Complicated, time consuming, inefficient and pointless. Just let them use different weapon souls if they want to customize their weapon.
Old 09/13/2013, 06:41   #10

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
There's a packet for updating an item that's equipped to the player (without having it removed from the player and all of that). It's packet 1108, subtype 2. That's what I use to update colors when doing the dye armor / helmet npc. You could use it to change the equipment type while it's still on the player. As far as weapons go, I agree with Chris (Pro4Never).