Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

What's the deal with this scene

Discussion on What's the deal with this scene within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 08/09/2013, 12:22   #16

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChingChong23 View Post
ok, current open source (or leaked) servers, surely they have to have close to the amount of content of the binary servers? if they do, why are people not using those and still using binary? are they unstable/buggy? **** can be fixed..
Tell you what, why don't you put some effort in, go pick a source that you think is pretty good and fix it, then after that release it to the masses and fix the scene.
Old 08/09/2013, 13:45   #17

elite*gold: 0
ChingChong people are not looking for sources that are fixed and bugless, but sources that contains completed features. It doesn't matter if the source itself is **** if it has features. That is the mindset of the community.
Old 08/09/2013, 16:48   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
Tell you what, why don't you put some effort in, go pick a source that you think is pretty good and fix it, then after that release it to the masses and fix the scene.
A waste of time the scene doesn't even deserve it most of the community thinks of private servers as a way to make money when they don't even have the capabilities to make their servers worthy.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/09/2013, 17:48   #19

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
Open source is stupid, agreed. I was thinking more along the lines of a group of core members that works towards a server, not a source to be released or leaked for that matter (Justin.... <3).

There's still a chance to bringing the scene back, somewhat. Having a server that is unique yet similar to what people are looking for nowadays would not only make players move off from these ****** servers, mostly binaries - but giving the other developers that actually want to run a server something to strive against.
Old 08/09/2013, 20:03   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Emil View Post
Open source is stupid, agreed. I was thinking more along the lines of a group of core members that works towards a server, not a source to be released or leaked for that matter (Justin.... <3).
I don't recall leaking anything.
Old 08/09/2013, 21:51   #21

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:

There's still a chance to bringing the scene back, somewhat. Having a server that is unique yet similar to what people are looking for nowadays would not only make players move off from these ****** servers, mostly binaries - but giving the other developers that actually want to run a server something to strive against.
Have you guys ever done any more work on the redux project? I'm still waiting for him to hit me up so I can do more work on it but it's been complete silence since they took over the base source...

They had sounded quite serious too
Old 08/09/2013, 22:54   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsolder05 View Post
I don't recall leaking anything.
Except for Sarah's virginity
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/09/2013, 23:23   #23

Thanks
1 User
Old 08/10/2013, 00:49   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Have you guys ever done any more work on the redux project? I'm still waiting for him to hit me up so I can do more work on it but it's been complete silence since they took over the base source...

They had sounded quite serious too
No. Figured it was a waste of time as the other guy had nothing to offer but "marketing", which would end up with me marketing as my rep is higher than a new member. Waste of time tbh
Old 08/10/2013, 00:55   #25

Quote:
No. Figured it was a waste of time as the other guy had nothing to offer but "marketing", which would end up with me marketing as my rep is higher than a new member. Waste of time tbh
Indeed. It paid for a new SSD for me though so I'm happy

I'd be totally down for continuing that project except that I don't think I have that much time I could devote to it. Picking up more hours at work and am starting a fixed streaming schedule for league :P Not much point unless something major happens like TQ finally shuts down TQ.
Old 08/10/2013, 00:55   #26

Quote:
I don't recall epvp being an hierarchy lmao.
Old 08/10/2013, 01:03   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmuneOne View Post
But doing an entire server with someone that has to offer "marketing", I'd rather not do it. What I meant was I would probably end up doing marketing aswell. Being a GM on a server is a job anyone can fullfil.
Old 08/10/2013, 01:12   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmuneOne View Post
The situation we are talking about is a completely un-known member joining the forum, wanting to run a server and the only thing he could do was marketing/financing.

Zero programming skills
Zero contacts in the community
Few/vague server goals

Known members have a much easier time attracting both players and staff members for a new server. For example if you started a server and advertised it well, you'd get quite a decent response of players compared to some 0 post member advertising his random ****** named server that he 'wrote'.
Old 08/10/2013, 03:18   #29

It was the way he pointed it out which made it seem like there is a sort of ranking system.
Old 08/10/2013, 04:21   #30

is there a leaked tq database for versions 5000 - 5100 with the structures of it public knowledge? im a bit behind on some stuff, but i did find a thread somewhere with Korvacs playing around with cq_action and by the looks of it, it's like TQ's own scripting/action system and once you implement all the actions it runs a large amount of the server?

if i can get an idea of everything that is public knowledge i might slowly whip something up