Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 18:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New Moderator

Discussion on New Moderator within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
New Moderator

Not sure if this goes here but it looks like the section is in need of a mod. johnheatz isnt mod anymore, and lateralus's last activity was april 24th. just sayin
Old 05/15/2013, 11:00   #2

elite*gold: 666
Received Thanks: 2,417
-> "The forum that I am active in needs more moderators"
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/15/2013, 11:03   #3

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
Why isn't Heartz a mod anymore?
Old 05/15/2013, 11:07   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
no idea, just logged in and seen he wasnt mod. havent heard anything
Old 05/15/2013, 12:43   #5

We don't really need a mod here anyways. The forum is quite dead.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/15/2013, 14:28   #6

elite*gold: 28
We need some level of authority to move threads when need be.

One active mod is more than suffice - but at least one active mod is needed.
Old 05/15/2013, 18:40   #7

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
Yesterday, I took the decision to step down as moderator for two of the five sections I moderate, because doing this voluntary job has just brought a lot of issues to me, and this is better to be known by everyone before getting into it.

I've been a moderator since 2011, during this time I've gotten threatened constantly by members, just because they get a warning (and just imagine whenever they get infractions or even banned). There are constant hate threads towards me on different sections, where users simply go in and insult me and my family, hell, I've even gotten DDoSed on my personal network at least 15 times.

To all this, there is zero protection for us as moderators against these sort of attacks, even the members who do this are always able to create multiple new accounts after they get banned, to simply keep going at it, and I'm sure you all will understand how frustrating this situation is.

I had a good run in here, and I might come back later on, yet, right now, I don't see me moderating so many sections while being under the scope of these skids that are there just to hurt others.
Thanks
10 Users
Old 05/15/2013, 19:19   #8

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
You've done a nice job while here and the effort is greatly appreciated.

Personally I never had quite the same level of troubles you mention but there were definitely quite a few times I questioned why I was doing the job. That + the time requirement (not so much a requirement for the job as the time I was spending on epvp for no reason) was adding up.

Best of luck to you out in the real world.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/15/2013, 19:52   #9

You think that's bad?

Please.

You are yet to be SWATTED.

Old 05/15/2013, 21:37   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
You think that's bad?

Please.

You are yet to be SWATTED.

Whenever it gets to a point in which you are doing basically a job, for free, and due to your common activities on that position you get people to start attacking you, taking you off-line for days, even trying to crack their way into your personal life (facebook, email and so on) it is time to simply leave a position that isn't giving you anything besides troubles. That is my point of view at least.
Old 05/15/2013, 21:47   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHeatz View Post
Whenever it gets to a point in which you are doing basically a job, for free, and due to your common activities on that position you get people to start attacking you, taking you off-line for days, even trying to crack their way into your personal life (facebook, email and so on) it is time to simply leave a position that isn't giving you anything besides troubles. That is my point of view at least.
you have done real great job being mod. , im sorry for what they skids did and i wish you stay mod. but it's all up to you and just want to let you know that we appreciate your work ^^
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/15/2013, 22:00   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHeatz View Post
But you dropped this section as one of those, were any of the things you mentioned (apart from personal threats.. but like ddos and fb cracking) from this section so to speak?
Old 05/15/2013, 22:30   #13

Quote:
But you dropped this section as one of those, were any of the things you mentioned (apart from personal threats.. but like ddos and fb cracking) from this section so to speak?
This has come from pretty much all of the sections I was moderating; yet I decided to step down from one section that is pretty much dead (Mabinogi) and this section, as I know there are plenty of capable users whom might take the position in order to keep the section clean.

While I've kept the only section from which I've never had issues (News) and the two sections where there isn't anyone -on my eyes- capable of taking care of them appropriately.

CO2 wasn't the main problem, I've got some attempts from some users which got banned in the past to get into my facebook and emails from here, never got DDoSed from members of CO2 though, those come merely from Shaiya skids, but again, there are plenty of capable people in here that can take over the section appropriately.
Old 05/16/2013, 00:38   #14

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
Its not really relevant, it was his choice regardless of his reasons, he did a good job while he was here and that's as much as anyone needs to say about it.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/16/2013, 11:27   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
Its not really relevant, it was his choice regardless of his reasons, he did a good job while he was here and that's as much as anyone needs to say about it.
I was curious, I'm sure JohnHeatz is more than capable of not answering me if he so wishes.

Sorry?