Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:11

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Cpu Usage Problem

Discussion on Cpu Usage Problem within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 04/29/2013, 07:57   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGragen. View Post
if you ask me the only good way to save is,

when the player logoff and when the server shutdown. thats all.
2 friends
friend1 is online
friend1 delete friend2
friend2 connects, load friends, and still has friend1 as friend

there are a bunch of issues that ur "good way" may cause.

u also need a reliable system to keep your info safe from problems, that is a HD db, not a RAM that if u get an exception, ppl will lose all their progress, even for hours
Old 04/29/2013, 08:02   #17

Can you fix my source like that too? I seem to have a problem with 1% CPU usage higher than expected :'(
Old 04/29/2013, 08:09   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2_Caparzo View Post
2 friends
friend1 is online
friend1 delete friend2
friend2 connects, load friends, and still has friend1 as friend

there are a bunch of issues that ur "good way" may cause.

u also need a reliable system to keep your info safe from problems, that is a HD db, not a RAM that if u get an exception, ppl will lose all their progress, even for hours
i would like to add to what you said that
currently you are saving lets assume 200 variable for an account which was not saved on event, in addition to position,money,cps , etc. and that variables which must be saved on the event (which is already implemented in trinity and edited trinity versions and almost every source around)
so without counting those that should be updated more frequently as they will be updated in the way i mentioned for updating the db
lets assume you got a decent edition saving chi/achievements/daily quests pla pla pla which should hardly take 200 more variables
every disconnect you are updating the 200 variables , i didn't really saw how it updates them but
as i think that it should check and replace edited or just replace
which in the more eff. way will be replacing
you are replacing 200 variables where the 200 may not be updated

and that all was assuming that you are updating on disconection and server restarts
and that all was assuming that you are sure everything you are not updating on event will not make any troubles to you which is highly doubted