Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 21:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Freeze at "initializing"

Discussion on Freeze at "initializing" within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Freeze at "initializing"

Hi everyone, i hope you can help me with this problem.

Well sometime ago i started a "custom source" (using 12Tails's socket system and using impulse's source as reference), i have advanced a little bit like jumping, spawn entitys, but there is a problem wich i still can't figure why it happens:
After receiving the packet 1052, i'm sending the packet 1004 with "ANSWER_OK" for login, then i send the packet 1006 with character's info, here is the problem, the client should send the GeneralData packet, but it isn't sending it so i can't complete the login, what confuses me is that sometimes i can login and others not, i don't get why.

the packets structures are correct, had someone this bug/error w/e it is? or what could be causing this?

thanks
Old 01/20/2013, 20:00   #2

elite*gold: 28
Sure you're splitting the pkts?
Old 01/21/2013, 00:56   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
Sure you're splitting the pkts?
in that case, the problem would not happen every time i try login?, but it's kinda random, sometimes i login succesfully at the first try, others i try 2 or 3 after i can login, the GameServer doesn't receive anything while waiting for the GeneralData packet, and after more or less 5 seconds, it receives the packet 1134(i dk what it's used for).
Old 01/21/2013, 02:00   #4

i was having same problem when i was using projectx source 5165 sometimes it would log me in and sometimes it wouldn't
Old 01/21/2013, 02:02   #5

elite*gold: 28
-If you weren't splitting packets sometimes they would come in correctly and sometimes they wouldn't.

The packet 1134 is used for Quests and I'm not entirely sure on your problem, I know in the later patches me and Ultimation experienced a similar issue with getting random dc's on connecting to GameServer with AcidCO and after extensive research concluded it's an issue with CO's client.

However if you are not in the later patches the problem is likely your end.
Old 01/21/2013, 18:31   #6

In your socket system receive 2 bytes first for the size. Then receive the size you get, if the size is not the same after receiving next bit then you just have to receive the remaining bytes.

That way you won't need to split packets.
Thanks
1 User