Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 13:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Bother] few idiot questions .

Discussion on [Bother] few idiot questions . within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Bother] few idiot questions .

if you do not want to answer , at least google for me , coz i been googling for few days get almost nothing . if you got books or whatever link it please . i also search on youtube and found almost nothing . and wiki did not explain it
I DO NOT NEED ANY CODE

simply ... i want to know what is those names refer to
Blowfish [sbos]
cast 128 [sbox 8]
CRC32
MD5
RC5 RC6

how it works . or what is the relation between em ...
is rc5 and rc6 are MD5 ? !!! ... and is it one way ?
and ... in conquer ... does it encrype password with CRC32 ? and then encype the whole packet with blowfish ? or .... how is the order goes .
........... i want to understand how things work . in general ... doesnt have to be related to conquer . but it would be ok if you use conquer as example .
Old 06/20/2012, 04:10   #2

Received Thanks: 1,142
Blowfish is an encryption method (Cipher). See this wiki page for more information.

Cast-128 (aka Cast-5) is also an encryption method (Cipher). See this wiki page for more information.

CRC32 is basically a way of checking if a file is the same as it was intended to be at the time of, say, packing it to an archive. It's commonly known as a signature. See this wiki page for more information.

MD5 (or rather, Message-Digest Algorithm 5) is an encryption method (Hash generation). See this wiki page for more information.

RC5 and RC6 are acronyms meaning Release Candidate 5 and Release Candidate 6. See this wiki page for more information.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/20/2012, 05:33   #3

Thank you
Old 06/20/2012, 05:37   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeoromeo View Post
Thank you
No problem. Good luck with your works.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/20/2012, 07:05   #5

i read all wiki links . and still did not understand but i will read them again when i wake up
of course at least now i know what are they . but what i dont understand is .. how they are used togther ,for Example
CRC32 : checking if a file is the same as it was intended to be at the time packing,
yes = true .... no = false .
i can understand why use it for client . if false ... then client crash . but why use it for server if no body else will use it except me !! if it onself check why have to make it ?? ? ? or did i understand that wrong ?
and also ... if all that is diff ways of encryption .. how to use all that mix togther
which ..fit which .
Old 06/20/2012, 07:11   #6

For CRC32, it's just a way of validating that things are the same as they were at the time of distribution. It can be used in many ways, not just for checking file signatures.

For encryption, many servers layer encryption to make it safer and harder to crack.
Thanks
1 User