Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 23:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Source in VB 6.0 ?

Discussion on Source in VB 6.0 ? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 11/04/2008, 01:37   #46

elite*gold: 0
lagg can a mod delte this post i lagged and posted twwice on accident
Old 11/04/2008, 01:40   #47

elite*gold: 20
As far as im concerned nobody has the AcidCO source other than Inf and Stu. Maybe other people do.
Also i believe there is only one person who has the HCO source (other than the owners) (Unfortunately its not me )
And yeah there are a few people who have the VB source... and f.y.i He has started it lol :|
Old 11/04/2008, 02:04   #48

Haydz, I know of atleast 2-3 other people other than the owners that have the HCO source, and as far as I'm concerned someone told me you has it

@prince
Kinda PMed you I had it for a reason, but whatever, he sent it to me...? How would you have it?
Old 11/04/2008, 13:11   #49

Orly?
Old 11/04/2008, 13:38   #50

VB6 is single threaded, you'd be an idiot to make a server in that.

VB.net is going to be slow as hell, and assuming if someone creates a server using vb, they are most likely to be low level programmers, therefore using ****** code, poor debugging and very unsecure.

The language (usually) tells it all.
Old 11/04/2008, 16:08   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChingChong23 View Post

VB.net is going to be slow as hell, and assuming if someone creates a server using vb, they are most likely to be low level programmers, therefore using ****** code, poor debugging and very unsecure.

VB.NET is faster than VB6..?(At runtime..)
Old 11/05/2008, 01:07   #52

Well CingChong ur speaking about Hybrid when u say that just for you info. And to all i have HCO source and i have Vb.net Project source atm aswell.

Just keep post on topic i doubt the server will be that bad or Hybrid woulnt make it at all.
I am sure he knows way around it well i am out of here for a while. Got to wait for my new laptop to come .... Hope to see u all laters
Old 11/05/2008, 01:29   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by xprincex View Post
Well CingChong ur speaking about Hybrid when u say that just for you info. And to all i have HCO source and i have Vb.net Project source atm aswell.

Just keep post on topic i doubt the server will be that bad or Hybrid woulnt make it at all.
I am sure he knows way around it well i am out of here for a while. Got to wait for my new laptop to come .... Hope to see u all laters
I doubt you have the HCO Source. =)
Old 11/05/2008, 01:37   #54

if you wont i have a qunquer sever and i need sum gm and pm to help me make batter wont to help if so tell me
Old 11/05/2008, 01:55   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChingChong23 View Post

VB.net is going to be slow as hell, and assuming if someone creates a server using vb, they are most likely to be low level programmers, therefore using shitty code, poor debugging and very unsecure.

What's wrong with a single thread? It's perfectly fine to make a server using just one thread. Acutally, every thread you add puts additional overhead on your application. Of course, you can gain advantage by threading on multi-core hardware, but there's no performance advantage on single processors.

Anyway, VB6 in a general purpose language. You can thread in it, just as you would in C++, pascal or other languages. It can interface directly to system DLLs, and thus, can do everything C can.

VB.net is not slow. You can't notice a difference to that of C# unless you're trying to. VB.net produces a few extra redundant opcodes in CLR, but the time taken to execute these is but a fraction more than without (they're mostly nops).

Language says nothing about the programmer. I mean, look at most of this forum, coding in C#, but very few of them have a real talent for it. The existing C# sources have their share of bugs, and I'm sure someone could easily crash/exploit a server if they have the patience. The sources I've glanced at are far from perfect.

Anyway, I see no point of making a server in VB.net when there's already a bunch of avaliable code in C#. You could convert most of it just be decompiling the C# app from CLR and just fix up the broken parts if you wanted. There's no advantage in doing so though, you're not going to get performance increases or anything. You could just write some modules in VB.net and then interface to them from the existing C# server instead.
Old 11/05/2008, 14:25   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie12112 View Post
if you wont i have a qunquer sever and i need sum gm and pm to help me make batter wont to help if so tell me
omg what a noob qonquer no get out of here now .

Thanks for the explantion unknown
LetterX the orignal HCO online source i have
**** will post later on inet keeps freexzing have to switch to wirless and cant post atm later

@unknown that whats will make this release very unique
Old 11/05/2008, 20:10   #57

I would really like to take a look on this. I always wanted to learn VB.NET and here`s the reason. How could I see it?
Old 11/05/2008, 23:17   #58

Umm lol u cant not my source to release umm i talk with hybrid everyday he is taking a break and been coding a lot with AcidCO his main project so lol cant help u there i guess u will have to wait. The only reason i got it cause he's on my msn and a good freind

Sux moving wont have computer till tommrow later on in the day so umm hope to see more posts in here and hope the source progress more if any one has full complete ist of monsters thats includes formats like Name-Level-Mech-Hp and FULL list of NPC IDS that woould post it would be great my list any finished but he has everthing up to Mystic castel
Old 11/07/2008, 16:58   #59

bump xd