Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 03:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Official Thread]COBeyond V.2

Discussion on [Official Thread]COBeyond V.2 within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Official Thread]COBeyond V.2

Well, as some of you may know, I recently shut down my COBeyond server to rewrite the code. Well, it's almost time to release the new and improved COBeyond server. Before I delve into the gritty details, I would like to say thanks to all the people who helped me with this server. Credits go to:

- Kinshi () = Coded a lot of the new features you'll see on the server.

- Emme () = Also coded a few of the features you'll see.

- Hybrid a.k.a. Dr.Sadistic a.k.a. The Infamous Noone (email not provided until I have permission from him) = A great mentor and friend. Taught me how to code using flat files, how to create a server from scratch, and a lot of other neat little tricks.

- Future (email not provided until I have permission from him) = Although he doesn't know it yet, he taught me how to load DMap files (thanks for the example in the source you released.)

- The writer of LOTF = Not entirely sure who this/they are, but if you tell me, I will definitely add credits to you here. Anyways, thanks for the release of this source, it was the spring board for many new servers, and the starting ground for me and COBeyond.

- The many suggestions offered by members of the E*PvPers community. You were the spring board for a lot of the new features found on the server.

- As a personal note, I'd like to thank Angel/Treyani (not known on this server) for being the best darn bug detective a coder could ask for.

Now for what you've all been waiting for... what makes COBeyond so great?

Server Features:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
*#* NOTE: Although this source got its start from LOTF; it has been almost completely rewritten. A few examples to compare the differences:
- LOTF doesn't load dmaps, mine does
- LOTF uses MySQL for main database, mine doesn't. MySQL is only used to index monsters, monster spawns, and npcs, the rest use flat files.
- Rewrite most of the packets.
- Entirely new Database.cs
- Yes there are other differences; no I will not share them (these differences make my server unique and more stable than others, and it is for these reasons I will not post any further changes.)

Key: -- Not yet added, -* added but not fully tested, ** added and tested
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
** Auth Server
** Game Server
** NPC System
** NPC Dialogs
** Marriage
** Offline TG
-* Summon Guards
-* Summon Pets
** Monster Hunter Quest
-* Second Reborn Quest
** Heaven's Blessing
** Lucky Time
** Lotto
** First Reborn
** Mob System
** Archer and Tao Damages Fixed
** Command System
** Prize System
** Full Working Guildwar System
** Cool Effects
** Full Super Effects
** Super Gem Effects
** Ability to Add Sockets to Gowns and Gourds
-* Second Rebirth
-- Shop Flags/Market System
-- Houses
-- Capture the Flag Event
-- Level up to 255; Includes extra StatPoints when Reborning.

Server Development Percentages:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
NPC's = 100% of original CO NPC's; 40% New NPC's
Client = 100% Custom Client
Maps = 80% of Maps Added
Items = 95% of Items Added
Skills = 100% of Original CO Skills; 10% New Skills
Monsters = 75% Monsters Added
Spawns = 50% Spawns Added
Overall = 80%

and many new features to be added soon!!!

The Server is now open for public testing. I'm going to make this: PUBLIC TESTING bold because everyone needs to know that this is an original source, and there WILL be errors... probably alot of them. If you want to do me a big favor, either list all errors you find in the forum, or write me an email @ with a list of errors. Thanks everyone for your patience, and I hope you enjoy CO Beyond V.2!

Click to go to the website!

*Note: I will be adding an autopatcher, but for now, you must download all updates manually. You MUST download the client we've provided and ALL the patches, or you won't be able to connect to the server. Thank you.

I've created a video tutorial instructing how to connect to the server. Click to check it out.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 10/04/2008, 01:59   #2

pr0
Old 10/04/2008, 03:34   #3

cool...
it seems very good ...keep it up the good work..im shocked......
if u need testers im free to help^^...
Old 10/04/2008, 06:34   #4

Received Thanks: 8,592
Nice to see ive been of some help , Good work.. Keep it up.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/04/2008, 10:33   #5

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
Server might not be public at 6th october.

I need to wait for kinshi to get online so we can transfer everything into one source.
We'll give you all a notice when the server is done.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/04/2008, 11:37   #6

Well when I saw that this was done with the help of kinshi, emme and future, I think of playing co again
Old 10/04/2008, 12:33   #7

Actually,heres the correct information.

Emme - Some skills,quests,fixed loginfreeze,rewrote General.cs and Cryptographer.cs , and some other nice features that people would love.

Kinshi - Some RB skills,quests,awesome npcs,added CO items ( such as praystones ,etc ), and made the server really unique!

Kenneth - Some small features,such as commands,some npcs and overall a better gameplay.

Future - As far as I know,Kenneth/Kinshi looked over his source ( leaked one ) , and learned a few things,such as the Dmapz system,then transfered into our source.

So,the people we actually should thank is.

Emme ( me ) - Coded a bunch of features.
Kinshi . - Same as above
Kenneth - Made the gameplay better!
Hybrid - Taught me ,kinshi and kenneth alot.
Future - Learning from his source.
People on my MSN - Giving suggestion of what to code into the server.
Vietkidd - Thanks for being loyal ( You know what im talking about ).

And ofcourse,everyone else that supporting our project!

Emme
Old 10/04/2008, 12:57   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by glupkotrup View Post
Well when I saw that this was done with the help of kinshi, emme and future, I think of playing co again
What game do you play now?
Old 10/04/2008, 14:39   #9

Can someone give me a good conquer online privat server Site for i can download it and play thX
Old 10/04/2008, 18:01   #10

Not to correct you Emme, but I actually rewrote the database to use flat files instead of MySQL, and I rewrote alot of the packets to be more efficient (thanks goes to Hybrid for teaching me how to do all this.) I'll soon be learning multi-threading and things of that nature to continue to improve upon the server's stability. And frankly, I believe I did a fine job of naming credits. As a note, I'll add the E*PvP community for their kind offerings.
Old 10/04/2008, 18:20   #11

Ah yeah.
Also,I totally rewrote the SendEffect packet,so now it works like conquer,well,maybe it did before,but it like "spammed" effects over and over.

Emme
Old 10/05/2008, 00:20   #12

To think that some of the best coders on E*Pvpers created a private server is really amazing. I'm still having problems with my server and i'm working to correct them as soon as possible, but that doesn't mean I can't try out a new server . Please let me know when the server is ready, i'd be more than happy to try it out, or do a beta test if that's possible.

BTW: since you listed the commands, i assume it's a PVP server (good thing i'm buying a mouse on Monday)

Finally: Congratulations to Emme, Taguro, and kinishi for setting up their server. +Thanks to all of you for making a true private server.

Edit: I don't know if leavemealone is part of this project but thanks go to him/her too.
Old 10/05/2008, 00:36   #13

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,000
Good job on the server. I'm just curious why do people who know how to code, still use other servers as base? It'd be lots easier to maintain and the server would be more stable if you had coded the server from bottom to the top by yourself this way you'd know what a specified part of code does and why it may cause error.

But again, good job.
Old 10/05/2008, 00:44   #14

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanelipe View Post
Good job on the server. I'm just curious why do people who know how to code, still use other servers as base? It'd be lots easier to maintain and the server would be more stable if you had coded the server from bottom to the top by yourself this way you'd know what a specified part of code does and why it may cause error.

But again, good job.
Exactly.. you understand the source more... and you know where everything is and you organise it to your liking :/
Old 10/05/2008, 01:05   #15

hey can i ask the website?