Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 06:29

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Attack Calculations like regular co

Discussion on Attack Calculations like regular co within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Attack Calculations like regular co

Hi, I have been looking around the forums for normal attack calculations, but I can't find any so I was wondering if anybody had a link or attack calculations that are pretty accurate. A guide on what to do with the calculations would help also! Thanks.
Old 12/31/2011, 07:57   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114

Start researching.
Old 12/31/2011, 16:04   #3

That is so unhelpful
Old 12/31/2011, 17:06   #4

Reverse the TQ binaries. That's how ntl3fty and I have been getting the exact attack calculations. Use the resources that are already available. If you don't know how to reverse, then run the binaries and start testing attacks with different gears, levels, and methods, and form your own calculations from the tests and TQ's information on their website.
Old 12/31/2011, 21:59   #5

Unhappy

Now you may hate me, but i'm not much of a coder. I only started a server so a group of my friends and I could play. To be honest i'm not sure what the binaries actually are, nevermind how to reverse them... sorry I'm a noob.
Old 12/31/2011, 22:02   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoweagle4 View Post
Now you may hate me, but i'm not much of a coder. I only started a server so a group of my friends and I could play. To be honest i'm not sure what the binaries actually are, nevermind how to reverse them... sorry I'm a noob.
Better to not get you involved in them then. You may be better off testing attacks on official CO if you're running on a version past 5095. That's what Fang was saying.
Old 12/31/2011, 22:17   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Better to not get you involved in them then. You may be better off testing attacks on official CO if you're running on a version past 5095. That's what Fang was saying.
What do you mean testing them on official co? I might have phrased my questions wrong, but im trying to make the attack like regular co because my fried and I 1 hit each other and its annoying when we are having pk fights.
Old 12/31/2011, 22:46   #8

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
What do you mean testing them on official co? I might have phrased my questions wrong, but im trying to make the attack like regular co because my fried and I 1 hit each other and its annoying when we are having pk fights.
Don't use such a **** source then. I assume you're using a 5165 ncos. Waste of time really. If you just wanna do some pvp use either albetros or maybe just go with binaries as you don't care about coding a full server
Old 12/31/2011, 23:13   #9

As I said... open CO and start researching.
Take it or leave it. It's the most realistic option you have.
Old 12/31/2011, 23:32   #10

I really appreciate all the feedback you guys are giving me, but its all greek to me. I still am confused on what binaries are and I don't know how or what to change to fix the attack. I still want a full server, because we dont JUST pk we still do other things. I think i'm using Conquer-SX which is kinda bad, but it works except for a few things. Like I said before I really appreciate all the feedback, but I am no coder. All I need is this

1. A response that has a way to fix the problem.
2. An explanation on how to fix it.
3. Make sense to a person that doesn't code and doesn't have that much an idea of what he is doing.
4. more than just "research" because idk wtf im supposed to do.

Sorry, I just am not a coder.
Old 12/31/2011, 23:35   #11

If you're not a coder then you're not a *good* private server owner. You won't get anything more than the feedback you've already received. That's why I said "take it or leave it".
Old 01/01/2012, 00:21   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
If you're not a coder then you're not a *good* private server owner. You won't get anything more than the feedback you've already received. That's why I said "take it or leave it".
I must disagree with you. And you also contradicted yourself. There could be a decent working source out there, like an NCS with every bug fixed. Still a ****** source, but can handle a good amount of connections, and if you can manage to give the players what they want, and the players are happy, then you are a good private server owner. Just like when you opened your first server, you said yourself, you didn't know how to code at all, but your server was great because of blha blah and blah blah, good staff etc.
Old 01/01/2012, 02:04   #13

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
I really appreciate all the feedback you guys are giving me, but its all greek to me. I still am confused on what binaries are and I don't know how or what to change to fix the attack. I still want a full server, because we dont JUST pk we still do other things. I think i'm using Conquer-SX which is kinda bad, but it works except for a few things. Like I said before I really appreciate all the feedback, but I am no coder. All I need is this

3. Make sense to a person that doesn't code and doesn't have that much an idea of what he is doing.

Sorry, I just am not a coder.
Lets break this down so it's very simple to understand.

Binaries are the hacked server files created by TQ. As such they are essentially 'perfect' for emulating TQ's conquer. The drawback is they are binaries (compiled executable files) As such you have no access to the source code itself and cannot make any large changes to the server. Because of this you cannot (easily) upgrade a binary server to say... current tq patch. If you just want a working server for you and a few friends binaries may be the best bet for you. That being said they are completely illegal and therefor not allowed on epvp.

Now, you claim you are not a coder. That's fine, everyone starts somewhere. The question is, are you willing to learn? If you are not willing to learn then I suggest you and your friends find some crappy public pserver to mess around on (one of the "yay everyone gets free shit!" servers that shut down after about a week). You'll have less frustrations doing that.

If you're willing to learn some BASICS then I'd go with a stable and fairly functional source. Albetros or Project Manifest being the best options (stay the hell away from ncos for god sake). Using those you will have most of the gameplay options working and the source itself will be stable. Because you're using a source that isn't complete shit you won't have the issue of damage calculations being completely dumb, the server won't be losing your stuff constantly (lost items, rollbacks, server crashes, etc). If you then decide you want to learn a bit more programming then you could work on adding custom content to these sources or even finishing up some of the missing game features that were never coded.

MOST IMPORTANT WARNING/REALITY CHECK

You will NOT be able to find ANY complete source for free. They do not exist publicly, hell they barely exist privately (it's debatable). Server sources are a ton of work. I've mentioned albetros a few times and that source is around 35,000 lines of custom code not including any of the database or flatfiles and it's FAR from a completed source. You can't expect anyone to take the time to write 30,40,50 thousand or more lines of code, test it all to ensure it's perfect and then release it for free rather then cashing in big time on it. Large pservers can get thousands of dollars in donations PER MONTHS and there are always people paying hundreds of dollars just for features to be coded for their sources... It's simply not going to happen that you'll get a perfectly working source that you don't need to do anything with.

As for your other questions...

Quote:
1. You would open up your source in visual studio, go to where the source calculates damage and correct/re-write the damage calculation using what you have determined to be the most accurate math you can come up with.

2. Refer to #1, you simply re-write the damage calculation. Think about some basic algebra that describes how damage should behave.

3. Seeing as the solution involves you doing some programming, you'll have to learn the basic programming first. There's no way around that really besides switching sources to one that already has proper or close enough calculations to suit your needs.

4. By research they mean you can read forum posts, look at other sources or experiment on official tq servers to give yourself information and then use that information to help design your own mathematical formula that fits the results. Eg: I have 1000 attack, they have 800 defense, my attack hit them for 200 damage. Therefor attack calculation must just be attack-defense! (it's not.. just an example)
Thanks
6 Users
Old 01/01/2012, 05:39   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arco. View Post
I must disagree with you. And you also contradicted yourself. There could be a decent working source out there, like an NCS with every bug fixed. Still a ****** source, but can handle a good amount of connections, and if you can manage to give the players what they want, and the players are happy, then you are a good private server owner. Just like when you opened your first server, you said yourself, you didn't know how to code at all, but your server was great because of blha blah and blah blah, good staff etc.
That random **** has nothing to do with the thread.
It's not true either. I support Chris's statement (above).
Old 01/01/2012, 10:35   #15

shadoweagle4
trust me , that is the best you can get here .... i have tried b4 . the standard answer is search and research ... i even thought manytimes that i asked the wrong questions . and the funny is . i never found an answer for my questions with search . and even i NEVER asked for code i rare get the wanted answer ... u can guess if you asking for code
i swear im surprised that pro4never explaned what is binaries to you

Tags
co2 conquer, conquer 5165, help 5165 pserver damage