Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 06:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

VPS under attack

Discussion on VPS under attack within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old 11/27/2011, 12:35   #31

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
No, they are both doing it.
Gareth deserves it anyway. Attacker deserves an attack.
Old 11/27/2011, 19:25   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
So it's you who's putting my first name to ****.

@everyone else
Well, there are ways of fighting ddos attacks. Here's one:

I've heard that it works very well.

Everyone deserves to have their server online.
This ddos attacking **** is ******* childish.
Won't help.
Old 11/27/2011, 23:36   #33

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaussHacker View Post
Won't help.
If its protected by a network of hardware firewalls that protect against ddos then it will help.
Old 11/28/2011, 00:18   #34

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
If its protected by a network of hardware firewalls that protect against ddos then it will help.
any recommended hosts?
Old 11/28/2011, 00:20   #35

actually nope we didnt attack him yet! but since hes being a **** head why not , let him have some attacks , we are just waiting his server to be online
Old 11/28/2011, 00:27   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
any recommended hosts?
What you can afford to pay for is what i recommend, if your serious then its like $600/700 a month for proper hardware protected dedicated servers.
Old 11/28/2011, 01:56   #37

Quote:
Depending on the bots size. You see things like clouds are made to protect against such things, but not even that will help. You can't always protect against it unless you got multiple servers like Google. In this case you can do nothing and even if you tried it wouldn't help much.
Old 11/28/2011, 09:27   #38

Quote:
Depending on the bots size. You see things like clouds are made to protect against such things, but not even that will help. You can't always protect against it unless you got multiple servers like Google. In this case you can do nothing and even if you tried it wouldn't help much.
It more depends on the network, not the server, if you have 50 cisco firewalls that protect the dedicated server farm and theres a load balancer the network can happily protect against 50Gbps of ddos traffic.
Old 11/28/2011, 09:59   #39

Quote:
It more depends on the network, not the server, if you have 50 cisco firewalls that protect the dedicated server farm and theres a load balancer the network can happily protect against 50Gbps of ddos traffic.
You would need to spent 1000's of dollars and in the end it won't help, because you can increase a botnet faster than you can increase a network.
Old 11/28/2011, 10:06   #40

Quote:
You would need to spent 1000's of dollars and in the end it won't help, because you can increase a botnet faster than you can increase a network.
Well no because its a hosted package, and i cant imagine you could increase a botnet to 50Gbps in any reasonable amount of time. Certainly not this joker with his shells anyway.

At some point though it stops being cost effective, eventually you'll find that you cannot stop the ddos as its an attack method that technically speaking cannot be stopped, merely delayed by means of cancelling connections at a hardware/software level, so Bauss sort of has a point. At some point its just better to have backup servers/accept the down time.

But for anyone doing it in the conquer community you probably dont need to worry too much about a large scale botnet attacking you.
Old 11/28/2011, 10:09   #41

Quote:
Well no because its a hosted package, and i cant imagine you could increase a botnet to 50Gbps in any reasonable amount of time. Certainly not this joker with his shells anyway.

At some point though it stops being cost effective, eventually you'll find that you cannot stop the ddos as its an attack method that technically speaking cannot be stopped, merely delayed by means of cancelling connections at a hardware/software level, so Bauss sort of has a point. At some point its just better to have backup servers/accept the down time.

But for anyone doing it in the conquer community you probably dont need to worry too much about a large scale botnet attacking you.
Yeah, I wasn't really speaking about conquer communities. Evt. the attackers will get bored after a day, if even that much and they wouldn't probably do it again. I were more speaking of as in general and usually with larger communities.
Old 11/28/2011, 17:12   #42

elite*gold: 28
Though I couldnt give a **** about your server, I'll speak to Arco and see what I can do to stop this happening. If worse comes to worse i'll fight him off myself.

#edit
Not happening, you've really ****** off Gareth.
Old 11/28/2011, 17:59   #43

Port 53 DNS server, 255 was first number that come to mind its the cap on all private server and jesus i stopped attacking him last week and you idiots are still crying about it, u think these dos protections will help against hard hitting shells ? you will still timeout.

_DreadNought_ tryed calling the shots on msn, 81.159.137.37

28/11/2011 16:44:28 john puttock Gareth Williams ******* CONTINUE.
28/11/2011 16:44:30 Gareth Williams john puttock SMD
28/11/2011 16:44:52 Gareth Williams john puttock :L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L
28/11/2011 16:45:06 john puttock Gareth Williams *awaits*
28/11/2011 16:45:19 Gareth Williams john puttock You mad bro ?
28/11/2011 16:45:27 john puttock Gareth Williams Yep.

john puttock says
so explain why my net keeps cutting out?
*sigh*
fine.
Old 11/28/2011, 18:58   #44

Oh great, more kids playing "DESTROY ALL SERVERS!" Exactly what we need! -insert sarcasm- Gareth, is your server really so trashy that you have to ddos anyone who advertises? If your server was any good, you would not have to worry about losing members because some dummy decided to advertise a different server on your chat box. Here's a solution, quit using chatboxes. Go back to the days when forums ruled community conversations. Or actually find someone that's online a lot to permaban advertisers. Seriously, there are A LOT of different ways to handle such issues; ddosing isn't one of them. But thank you for admitting that your server is nothing but another generic pile of fecal matter. "My server's offline" "Someone advertised another server, I DDoS them."

Seriously, grow up. You're dealing with PRIVATE SERVERS, there's no need to nerd rage every time someone does something you don't like. As I said before, if people enjoy your server, they'll stay regardless of advertisements. If not, then apparently you were doing something wrong (server wise) to start with.

Taking out frustrations on others by DDoSing them? Here's a better idea, spend the time it takes your pea-brained self to set up a DDoS to improve your server. Unfortunately, there seems to be quite a few people wanting to attack you as well, so good luck getting a server back up. You've pretty much dug yourself a ditch with your childish antics.

Anyway. To whoever started this thread (forgot the name already) I wish you the best of luck dealing with this attack. Hopefully you and the attacker will be able to actually go back to improving your own servers (instead of DDoSing like an angry 12 year old) and allow us who lack the smarts to create servers enjoy what you've made(although chances are, it's just a leaked source thrown together, but still.)

I know, I know...-waits for Jacob to say tl;dr-

/end rant
Thanks
4 Users
Old 11/28/2011, 20:19   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviL|Shepherd View Post
Oh great, more kids playing "DESTROY ALL SERVERS!" Exactly what we need! -insert sarcasm- Gareth, is your server really so trashy that you have to ddos anyone who advertises? If your server was any good, you would not have to worry about losing members because some dummy decided to advertise a different server on your chat box. Here's a solution, quit using chatboxes. Go back to the days when forums ruled community conversations. Or actually find someone that's online a lot to permaban advertisers. Seriously, there are A LOT of different ways to handle such issues; ddosing isn't one of them. But thank you for admitting that your server is nothing but another generic pile of fecal matter. "My server's offline" "Someone advertised another server, I DDoS them."

Seriously, grow up. You're dealing with PRIVATE SERVERS, there's no need to nerd rage every time someone does something you don't like. As I said before, if people enjoy your server, they'll stay regardless of advertisements. If not, then apparently you were doing something wrong (server wise) to start with.

Taking out frustrations on others by DDoSing them? Here's a better idea, spend the time it takes your pea-brained self to set up a DDoS to improve your server. Unfortunately, there seems to be quite a few people wanting to attack you as well, so good luck getting a server back up. You've pretty much dug yourself a ditch with your childish antics.

Anyway. To whoever started this thread (forgot the name already) I wish you the best of luck dealing with this attack. Hopefully you and the attacker will be able to actually go back to improving your own servers (instead of DDoSing like an angry 12 year old) and allow us who lack the smarts to create servers enjoy what you've made(although chances are, it's just a leaked source thrown together, but still.)

I know, I know...-waits for Jacob to say tl;dr-

/end rant
Taking out frustrations on others by DDoSing them?
Nah i just use it as an excuse to dos people lol
and no-one has my new ip so fail? SMD retard :P
Closed Thread

Tags
anti-ddos, vps protection, windows 2003 vps attack