Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 03:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Releasing my Fusion Origins Source Code?

Discussion on Releasing my Fusion Origins Source Code? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

View Poll Results: Release?
Yes 28 84.85%
No 5 15.15%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01/15/2011, 21:23   #16

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
It was simply a case of, if theres demand then i'll release it, if not then i wont bother, honestly i dunno why people think ive got some kind of weird motive behind this, if it was for recognition i would release it immediately wouldnt I? lol.
Because you're asking people who love free **** if they want free ****. Kind of stupid imo. Some people just like "verbal" recognition and will prolong releasing it just to get people to beg for it. Your motives aren't very clear because of this thread. As I said, either release it or don't. You know everyone would want it if you asked, so asking is pointless.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/15/2011, 22:38   #17

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,147
It can be interesting, but not really important for me...
Old 01/16/2011, 00:29   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bone-you View Post
Because you're asking people who love free **** if they want free ****. Kind of stupid imo. Some people just like "verbal" recognition and will prolong releasing it just to get people to beg for it. Your motives aren't very clear because of this thread. As I said, either release it or don't. You know everyone would want it if you asked, so asking is pointless.
To some people, yes. He's asking "Who wants free ****." To other people that have been working hard on their sources and are interested in seeing new solutions to coding different things, he's asking "Would you like me to give you some ideas on how to make your source better."
Old 01/16/2011, 02:29   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousFang View Post
To some people, yes. He's asking "Who wants free ****." To other people that have been working hard on their sources and are interested in seeing new solutions to coding different things, he's asking "Would you like me to give you some ideas on how to make your source better."
Then as I said, post it up. Asking if people want it is pointless here. There WILL be people here who want to see it regardless of purpose. What's the point in asking? Someone wants it, isn't that enough? If you have to hear 1000 people say they want it just for you to post it then you need to keep it to yourself. Either open source it or don't. It'd be like Microsoft asking the community if they want the sources to Windows. You have to wonder why they are asking. Is it a publicity stunt? Just an attempt to get interest in Windows by developers?

Now that this thread is "out there", you either post it, or keep it to yourself and prove this was nothing more than an attempt at attention.
Old 01/16/2011, 10:53   #20

The release of sources had some inpact long time ago, but now they don't change much, noobs are still gonna use binaries or my 5165, cuz they are so noob friendly. So even tho i voted no, you can go ahead and release this for all i care.
Old 01/16/2011, 14:17   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadeset View Post
The release of sources had some inpact long time ago, but now they don't change much, noobs are still gonna use binaries or my 5165, cuz they are so noob friendly. So even tho i voted no, you can go ahead and release this for all i care.
The point of this wouldn`t be to use this but to learn from studying how stuff is done.
Old 01/16/2011, 23:41   #22

Received Thanks: 2,518
Ill be releasing this either tomorrow or tuesday, more likely tuesday.
Thanks
5 Users
Closed Thread