Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 07:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Development] CoEud 1.0

Discussion on [Development] CoEud 1.0 within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Smile [Development] CoEud 1.0

Hello E*PvPs

Im now trying to make a CoEud server. I start with a basic Conquer Online 4267 client and source and now adding the new weapons (120-130) and the new max level (137)

What my idea is exactly is...
Things i will keep as in real CO

Things i absolutely don't keep from both games!

Now my questions and i hope so you guys will answer me!

Please note:

1.I don't know yet or i will make this server public or not, don't ask this!
2. I won't release the source, so don't ask this!
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/09/2010, 18:15   #2

are u even able to use eo maps in a co client?
Old 03/09/2010, 18:29   #3

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yuki~ View Post
Uh.... well.... technically... yes, you could....
if the map system is the same (and I believe it is) then it's very possible to add the maps in. That's what I was planning on trying after I code all of the mobs for 5165 (instead of the 100 given in the source - there's really hundreds...).

EDIT: You might run into a problem with the map ids though. Plus, Conquer Online is a traditional game... while EO is a bit more fantasy... it might look really weird.

It might be possible- I'm not familiar with the client but I've glanced at it and it looks very similar. Good Luck =]

EDIT 2: I recommend that you approach this by first coding a co server and then, only when your CO is perfect that you introduce the EO stuff. That's what I'm doing.
Old 03/09/2010, 18:34   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yuki~ View Post
Yes it is, maybe its a bit harder than usually but it is possible!
Old 03/09/2010, 18:50   #5

EDIT: You might run into a problem with the map ids though. Plus, Conquer Online is a traditional game... while EO is a bit more fantasy... it might look really weird.

It might be possible- I'm not familiar with the client but I've glanced at it and it looks very similar. Good Luck =]

EDIT 2: I recommend that you approach this by first coding a co server and then, only when your CO is perfect that you introduce the EO stuff. That's what I'm doing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i know that is why i said
Now is my question should i keep this and then EO maps

And Conquer Server runs perfectly
Old 03/09/2010, 23:56   #6

Map converting is quite possible. As for any other things you want to transfer over i say go for. I would personally just take the map files textures and just edit them make the grass look like eo's and take other textures from it instead of using the whole map. Ive tested and used that theory of changing maps before so do what you like and good luck.
Old 03/10/2010, 00:11   #7

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
Dumb question.. why start with 1.0 when 2.0 would open up a ton of possibilities (even if you did EARLY 2.0 before any of the new features?)

Personally it would make alot more sense if you are trying to add a ton of custom features from a different tq game to be using a client that would more closely reflect the client it is coming from (there was a stage when eo was first released that it had almost identical systems to certain patches of conquer... you can bet the files underneeth it would be compatible.)

Ooh and so you know, many of the eud skill effects are already in conquer clients (I found a ton of them lastnight in my 5095 client)
Old 03/10/2010, 02:33   #8

He's not advertising... he's getting sugestions on his ideas so he can help make them better.

Something epvp could definitely use more of. Constructive debate and suggestions.
Old 03/10/2010, 09:27   #9

Received Thanks: 2,518
The EO maps are going to look awful on the Conquer client, the angle at which the client views the map is going to be all wrong so the map wont look right.
Old 03/10/2010, 10:18   #10

need to edit the client to be able to see it from 2 points of view 0.0
that sounds very easy....
Old 03/10/2010, 15:01   #11

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
The EO maps are going to look awful on the Conquer client, the angle at which the client views the map is going to be all wrong so the map wont look right.
Yea i noticed that, i had some changes to it but Eudemon Online maps looks really weird in Conquer Online except if you edit them but i will scrap it from my list.
Maybe later i will try Eud maps.

But the only thing i must have is eudemons in Conquer Online :P
Should be Nice xD
Old 03/10/2010, 15:17   #12

I'm quite sure that you won't be able to get euds (as they currently are in eudemons) working on conquer.

You could do all sorts of work arounds and combine them with the partially working summon system but you won't get anything like it is on eo cause you won't have any of the client support/buttons/packets required such as the ability to view eudemons, combine with them, summon/dismiss them, teach them skills, give them exp *****... basically everything about them.

You could obviously do work arounds such as give a 'summon' skill that summons the same pet every time and it has stats setup and saved in a database... hell you could upgrade it, teach it skills etc, even use mesh/textures from eudemons.... you won't end up with a full eud system though.
Old 03/10/2010, 15:46   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
I'm quite sure that you won't be able to get euds (as they currently are in eudemons) working on conquer.

You could do all sorts of work arounds and combine them with the partially working summon system but you won't get anything like it is on eo cause you won't have any of the client support/buttons/packets required such as the ability to view eudemons, combine with them, summon/dismiss them, teach them skills, give them exp *****... basically everything about them.

You could obviously do work arounds such as give a 'summon' skill that summons the same pet every time and it has stats setup and saved in a database... hell you could upgrade it, teach it skills etc, even use mesh/textures from eudemons.... you won't end up with a full eud system though.
Mmm i will try it and if i can't get out of it i just do skills/weapons etc
Old 03/10/2010, 17:06   #14

Why would you use the co 1 client for this? CO2`s graphics are a bit more advanced (depends on how you define advanced... -.-), standing closer to eud graphics.
Old 03/10/2010, 17:30   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDeRnEcRo View Post
Why would you use the co 1 client for this? CO2`s graphics are a bit more advanced (depends on how you define advanced... -.-), standing closer to eud graphics.
Because i am going to edit the skills so you can't see it arer old skills. And the old skin looks mossy and because i made 4267 source and don't have time to write a new source..