Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

CO server in Linux VPS?

Discussion on CO server in Linux VPS? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 06/02/2016, 07:50   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
I'm not aware of any server source that doesn't use windows DLLs.

Thats not to say they couldn't exist but in general all public conquer servers were intended for use with windows servers. The newest revision of COPS by cpt Sky would be the only that comes to mind that might be properly designed and would work. He's the only developer I've seen on here specifically building stuff with cross platform in mind with some of his other releases.
Depending on patch, my D source doesn't depend on windows at all, but if I should say it myself, it isn't the best one to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xio. View Post
Ehh I think chris was talking about the Blowfish implementation which for some reason relies on libeay or w/e.

You could use bouncycastle instead which is what chris's point was about.

And @ Mono is fast. especially the Math class is faster than the .net framework one.
Stop yourself.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/27/2016, 03:14   #17

elite*gold: 20
Bit of an old topic, but if there is a source (fully open, or at least willing to share with me) that is functional (and ideally is relatively bug-free), I can, in my spare time, port it over to C++11 that will compile and run on Linux, specifically Debian/Ubuntu. Having been out of the CO loop as of late, I am unsure of which source may be the best, or is even actively developed or anything.
Old 06/27/2016, 04:29   #18

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by bone-you View Post
Bit of an old topic, but if there is a source (fully open, or at least willing to share with me) that is functional (and ideally is relatively bug-free), I can, in my spare time, port it over to C++11 that will compile and run on Linux, specifically Debian/Ubuntu. Having been out of the CO loop as of late, I am unsure of which source may be the best, or is even actively developed or anything.
Wow, didn't expect to see you around here

The state of public projects is similar to when you were last here honestly. There's a handful of good base sources that are missing features but are a relatively solid foundation. Good examples would be COPS which in its latest iteration I believe actually has a C++ port, infamouse's ANCIENT 5017 base source, maybe fangs kibou (sp) source (I believe it's good but I haven't deeply examined it. I know there's a few people who used it as a foundation for their larger projects successfully)

Then there's a bunch of highly featured sources with various levels of features, bugs and major pitfalls. I'd honestly consider my redux source part of this group (although it's still much better than say... ncos or trinity trash) and the rest of the "OMG EVERYTHING WORKS 125PCT NO BUG FULL TRANSLATE" group.

So short version, you're not going to find a bugless fully featured source now any more than you could 5 years ago. That being said the quality and complexity of the 'bug free bases' have increased significantly. In the case of COPS it's a basically fully featured server, just not user friendly for someone who wants to have a "click2play" style setup.
Old 06/27/2016, 04:38   #19

Quote:
Wow, didn't expect to see you around here

The state of public projects is similar to when you were last here honestly. There's a handful of good base sources that are missing features but are a relatively solid foundation. Good examples would be COPS which in its latest iteration I believe actually has a C++ port, infamouse's ANCIENT 5017 base source, maybe fangs kibou (sp) source (I believe it's good but I haven't deeply examined it. I know there's a few people who used it as a foundation for their larger projects successfully)

Then there's a bunch of highly featured sources with various levels of features, bugs and major pitfalls. I'd honestly consider my redux source part of this group (although it's still much better than say... ncos or trinity trash) and the rest of the "OMG EVERYTHING WORKS 125PCT NO BUG FULL TRANSLATE" group.

So short version, you're not going to find a bugless fully featured source now any more than you could 5 years ago. That being said the quality and complexity of the 'bug free bases' have increased significantly. In the case of COPS it's a basically fully featured server, just not user friendly for someone who wants to have a "click2play" style setup.
I can deal with complex sources and all so long as it is fully featured and relatively bug-free. If someone would like to assist me in setting things up and all, I'd love to try to port over a source.
Old 06/27/2016, 04:43   #20

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
I can deal with complex sources and all so long as it is fully featured and relatively bug-free. If someone would like to assist me in setting things up and all, I'd love to try to port over a source.

That's the only one I'd currently suggest and it's already in C++. It's probably the 'best' public source currently out there.
Old 06/27/2016, 04:50   #21

Quote:

That's the only one I'd currently suggest and it's already in C++. It's probably the 'best' public source currently out there.
Is it still actively developed? (last post was 4/09/2015)
Old 06/27/2016, 05:34   #22

Received Thanks: 1,147
Quote:
Is it still actively developed? (last post was 4/09/2015)
Not really. But you can submit pull requests and I'll happily merge them... (See ). I started moving it to C++11 (there is a branch with a start), but dropped the idea of working on CO2 again. In all case, a lot of the work I've done in COPS v6 - Enhanced Edition (mainly the Lua scripting engine) could be ported back to COPS v7 as both share similar database & scripting engine.
Old 06/27/2016, 05:41   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSky View Post
Not really. But you can submit pull requests and I'll happily merge them... (See ). I started moving it to C++11 (there is a branch with a start), but dropped the idea of working on CO2 again. In all case, a lot of the work I've done in COPS v6 - Enhanced Edition (mainly the Lua scripting engine) could be ported back to COPS v7 as both share similar database & scripting engine.
Honestly, I'd just rewrite it all to my own style as I have been working on a lot of cross-platform emulators for other games in the last few years and have a server base already made which I would use for this. I'd make it fully open source over github the entire way as well in case anyone is interested.
Old 06/27/2016, 10:43   #24

Quote:
Honestly, I'd just rewrite it all to my own style as I have been working on a lot of cross-platform emulators for other games in the last few years and have a server base already made which I would use for this. I'd make it fully open source over github the entire way as well in case anyone is interested.
I'd be happy to contribute in my spare time as well, a modern C++ emulator not depending on major libraries (except maybe boost) would be super nice to provide for the community.
Old 06/27/2016, 11:16   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
I'd be happy to contribute in my spare time as well, a modern C++ emulator not depending on major libraries (except maybe boost) would be super nice to provide for the community.
Mine would depend on boost and poco. I think that is it. Poco's MySQL library is just so *** **** powerful I can't seem to break myself away from it. It's other libraries are also extremely useful and I do my networking through boost::asio.

My typical library string is

Code:
mysqlclient PocoJSON PocoUtil PocoDataMySQL PocoData PocoFoundation boost_chrono boost_date_time boost_system boost_thread pthread crypto++
Old 06/27/2016, 11:47   #26

Quote:
Mine would depend on boost and poco. I think that is it. Poco's MySQL library is just so *** **** powerful I can't seem to break myself away from it. It's other libraries are also extremely useful and I do my networking through boost::asio.

My typical library string is

Code:
mysqlclient PocoJSON PocoUtil PocoDataMySQL PocoData PocoFoundation boost_chrono boost_date_time boost_system boost_thread pthread crypto++
That'd be nice. I've used ODB in the past with mixed feelings, though it worked out in the and as far as I remember and had nice ORM. Also +9000 for asio.
Old 06/28/2016, 05:18   #27

Spirited did write a source using the cross platform language go that you can check out here:
Old 06/29/2016, 19:53   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallxmac View Post
Spirited did write a source using the cross platform language go that you can check out here:
Wow, this truly confirms how terrible a language Go really is.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/15/2016, 15:46   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Coder 2014 View Post
Wow, this truly confirms how terrible a language Go really is.
Love the hashmap implementation.

Old 08/16/2016, 09:50   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
Love the hashmap implementation.

It's not a hashmap implementation and you know it. I'm all for criticizing code but you're just throwing dirt now.