Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Preview for advanced Clone bot AI

Discussion on Preview for advanced Clone bot AI within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Preview for advanced Clone bot AI

this was done with albetrous source by pro4never, pvp clone bot wasn't as smart as it should be so i worked on it for couple of hrs and modified it to act as guard where it can loot and kill (exp for hitting or killing goes to it's owner) also made it a bit faster and added more factors for chances

anyway here what i've done

im going to release that after adding couple more stuff, going to lower the hitting chance with rewritting it's AI to include stratages ex. hit 'n run, also will add another features like reviving it's owner and use pasive skills on him , maybe turn it to a skill and let it use player hp/mp pots , i honestly duno if i've time to do what i wish to do with it but it's really fun tho

more over , i honestly duno how people could leave a source like albetrous and use trinity edits, it's a pretty decent source and well written , not perfect but imho it could be the best i've seen (greatz pro4never you did awesome job there) and btw wamp 2.4 could do the trick instead of installing full version of mysql specially if the x64 version doesn't have installer
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/10/2013, 02:52   #2

sad to see that u are going to release it :/ will hate to see ppl leeching it and see it in the title of every single server, i would prefer "original things for who can code it".
Old 10/10/2013, 03:06   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2_Caparzo View Post
sad to see that u are going to release it :/ will hate to see ppl leeching it and see it in the title of every single server, i would prefer "original things for who can code it".
i'm not releasing it for trinity, so it's okay i guess XD Lol, plus if pro4never haven't shared albetrous and i guess if in the first place if it wasn't shared at project x that i wasn't to think of it
but i honestly still duno if i want to share it anyway
Old 10/10/2013, 03:40   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by go for it View Post
i'm not releasing it for trinity, so it's okay i guess XD Lol, plus if pro4never haven't shared albetrous and i guess if in the first place if it wasn't shared at project x that i wasn't to think of it
but i honestly still duno if i want to share it anyway
u won't

1st. nice capturing than mine (when i tried it sucks )
2nd. looting is useless
3rd. u could lose him or there is a specific range between owner and it(him)
4th playinf with AI is too epic. we never wins
5th best freature is adding stigers follower , reviver etc.

Good Luck.
Much fun.
Old 10/10/2013, 03:47   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdoumatrix View Post
u won't

1st. nice capturing than mine (when i tried it sucks )
you was recording with a potato try camtisea studio :P
2nd. looting is useless
could be but that depends on what the server drops vs cp drop (if there is any)
3rd. u could lose him or there is a specific range between owner and it(him)
lmao nope he pretty much jumps within my ranges with 3 checks for owner range vs monsters range and if it exceeds 18 it find it's path to me
4th playinf with AI is too epic. we never wins
that depends on how lucky he could get, currently it's 3 factors but that would increase, i've adjusted it's speed and rates to be so smarter and faster but that could always change
5th best freature is adding stigers follower , reviver etc.
i've already add that with checking if it's passive or active skills to cast on monster or self and owner but forgot to loop the current skill lmao
Good Luck.
thanks buddy
Much fun.
reply in bold
Old 10/10/2013, 05:15   #6

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
Looks good so far. Could use some AI checks as well as an inventory just for the bot. You could have it so that when you talk to the bot it lets you claim items much like from a warehouse. Adding in some AI to have the bot drop worthless items once its storage is full would also be useful.

It's also pretty easy to revamp pathfinding so it stays within range of the player (on player jump check if he moves X spaces away and re-sync positions if needed) and you can add in many other features such as giving the bot its own equipment to wear (visible changes stored permanently in database) and even giving it various commands/actions to change behavior types.

There's plenty of functionality in the client to support proper summoned AI companions. It's something I had looked into writing years ago but never bothered finishing to a worthwhile state.

Best of luck and look forward to seeing more from you in the future.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/10/2013, 05:27   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Looks good so far. Could use some AI checks as well as an inventory just for the bot. You could have it so that when you talk to the bot it lets you claim items much like from a warehouse. Adding in some AI to have the bot drop worthless items once its storage is full would also be useful.

It's also pretty easy to revamp pathfinding so it stays within range of the player (on player jump check if he moves X spaces away and re-sync positions if needed) and you can add in many other features such as giving the bot its own equipment to wear (visible changes stored permanently in database) and even giving it various commands/actions to change behavior types.

There's plenty of functionality in the client to support proper summoned AI companions. It's something I had looked into writing years ago but never bothered finishing to a worthwhile state.

Best of luck and look forward to seeing more from you in the future.
i really like the suggestions, some are pretty easy (the wh and saving to db) but letting it wear it's own gear is kinda tricky to figure out the way that you can change what it wears (could use big sash but that won't work on higher patchs where gears exceed 9 slots)
also thinking about a way to let it learn skills and level up that skills
Old 10/10/2013, 06:17   #8

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
I would say just use a inventory type slot and let it auto equip whatever best in slot items are in there when you drop them in (they would still show in the wh window but would show as registered or w/e the red glow around them is so you could still remove them)

Then add skill books designed for companions that when dropped into the window are consumed.

You could do the same with potions to make them heal and use the team window to show companion health in real time.

LOTS of things you can do to write a full companion system into CO as all their other games are pretty much the same engine. If you hook into the client you can even do some directx calls to write your own GUI for it as far as I know (inf was demonstrating it recently for voting iirc)
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/10/2013, 06:30   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
I would say just use a inventory type slot and let it auto equip whatever best in slot items are in there when you drop them in (they would still show in the wh window but would show as registered or w/e the red glow around them is so you could still remove them)

Then add skill books designed for companions that when dropped into the window are consumed.

You could do the same with potions to make them heal and use the team window to show companion health in real time.

LOTS of things you can do to write a full companion system into CO as all their other games are pretty much the same engine. If you hook into the client you can even do some directx calls to write your own GUI for it as far as I know (inf was demonstrating it recently for voting iirc)
that's just mind blowing, but it would be way better if it's done with good effects , actually a suspcious effect on item in bot wh inventory would be great but we still can do better and wow i really like the ideas , pretty easy and yet really good

and i know someone who had done that ages before ulti with buttons and stuff, windows itself was created by reshacker (if i remmeber corectly) and the functionality and on screen drawing was all pure asm , wish i really could do something like that with maybe only 2 packets (open window info , update ) also get the red hp bar
Old 10/10/2013, 11:26   #10

u r using which method for his equipment?
Spwan packet or the separte mehtod for new Player

PHP Code:
GameState Bot = new GameState(); 
or
PHP Code:
GameState Bot = new GameState(null); 
and the rest codes like
PHP Code:
Bot.Readytoplay(); 
and using the normal itemusage

the second may is much better cuz u can control its inv. & equips and skills etc very easily and just add it to the game pool make the the normal player checks works for him so he could easily level up and level up skills
Old 10/10/2013, 11:33   #11

elite*gold: 28
So you say you will release it, say you wont, say you might.

Quite honestly, I would just release your modifications that you did to pro4's one.

It really is a shame to see someone so unsure whether to release an improvement for something already around.

Oh and
Quote:
that's just mind blowing, but it would be way better if it's done with good effects , actually a suspcious effect on item in bot wh inventory would be great but we still can do better and wow i really like the ideas , pretty easy and yet really good

and i know someone who had done that ages before ulti with buttons and stuff, windows itself was created by reshacker (if i remmeber corectly) and the functionality and on screen drawing was all pure asm , wish i really could do something like that with maybe only 2 packets (open window info , update ) also get the red hp bar
I hope you weren't implying that it's something ulti couldn't do lol

Quote:
u r using which method for his equipment?
Spwan packet or the separte mehtod for new Player

PHP Code:
GameState Bot = new GameState(); 
or
PHP Code:
GameState Bot = new GameState(null); 
and the rest codes like
PHP Code:
Bot.Readytoplay(); 
and using the normal itemusage

the second may is much better cuz u can control its inv. & equips and skills etc very easily and just add it to the game pool make the the normal player checks works for him so he could easily level up and level up skills
That looks like you have modified a class that was heavily designed around for only an actual player, seems like a 'ducktape' method, I mean - It's fine for a first time run, but you should definitely consider a more appropriate way of achieving this next time round.
Old 10/10/2013, 11:55   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post

Quite honestly, I would just release your modifications that you did to pro4's one.

It really is a shame to see someone so unsure whether to release an improvement for something already around.

Oh and

That looks like you have modified a class that was heavily designed around for only an actual player, seems like a 'ducktape' method, I mean - It's fine for a first time run, but you should definitely consider a more appropriate way of achieving this next time round.
Old 10/10/2013, 16:58   #13

elite*gold: 28
Quote:
"That looks like you have modified a class that was heavily designed around for only an actual player"
Old 10/10/2013, 17:24   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post

Oh and

i've been working on that "improvement" for 11 hrs and still working on it, that could be even more time than it took pro4never to write it, i've had almost changed most of classes for more functionality, that's not just "improvement" that is reworking on a basic idea and you will see how good it became on the next preview, so it's all my decision to release it or not, and even if i don't ill still give a copy to pro4never for inspiring me but not everyone around here worth to leech it, but i still didn't really made my mind

and im not going to argue about if that was done or not and if ulti. can do it or not, simply cuz that will get nowhere as i don't have a proof to show you for right now

Quote:
bots are special entity and not a players
Old 10/10/2013, 19:24   #15

Quote:
i've been working on that "improvement" for 11 hrs and still working on it, that could be even more time than it took pro4never to write it, i've had almost changed most of classes for more functionality, that's not just "improvement" that is reworking on a basic idea and you will see how good it became on the next preview, so it's all my decision to release it or not, and even if i don't ill still give a copy to pro4never for inspiring me but not everyone around here worth to leech it, but i still didn't really made my mind

and im not going to argue about if that was done or not and if ulti. can do it or not, simply cuz that will get nowhere as i don't have a proof to show you for right now

bots are special entity and not a players
so they r players + have special code to force them to make what u want