Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 14:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

VPS under attack

Discussion on VPS under attack within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
VPS under attack

Hello! I have a co pserver hosted in a windows server 2003 vps. For some reasons, someone is attacking us. DDOS i guess (not so sure). But when he attacks, I get dced from the vps and cannot log on it anymore. Is there any available FREE protections for these problems? I really need your help guys. Thanks in advance.
Old 11/23/2011, 11:53   #2

Nothing you can do, change your IP and if you know who it is, then report it. Protection does not really help, because if it's a big botnet or whatever, then you can do nothing. If it was a website you could use Clouds, but it would not stop the attack, but simply make the attack a lot smaller, but in your case you can do nothing to stop it really.
Old 11/23/2011, 12:06   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaussHacker View Post
Nothing you can do, change your IP and if you know who it is, then report it. Protection does not really help, because if it's a big botnet or whatever, then you can do nothing. If it was a website you could use Clouds, but it would not stop the attack, but simply make the attack a lot smaller, but in your case you can do nothing to stop it really.
I don't think changing IP is a good idea, we wont get rid of the attacker that way.
And I cant trace his IP coz when he starts the attack, I immediately kicked off from the vps. I don't think its a "big botnet". Since I know hes not that great to have a bot net (I guess he only uses 1 IP/pc to attack us).

I had observed some pserver that they have auto-ip ban when their protection detects loads of requests from the same IP(like using binary nuke/ or crashing their site). and i have no idea what software their using.
Old 11/23/2011, 12:12   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by riah64 View Post
I don't think changing IP is a good idea, we wont get rid of the attacker that way.
And I cant trace his IP coz when he starts the attack, I immediately kicked off from the vps. I don't think its a "big botnet". Since I know hes not that great to have a bot net (I guess he only uses 1 IP/pc to attack us).

I had observed some pserver that they have auto-ip ban when their protection detects loads of requests from the same IP(like using binary nuke/ or crashing their site). and i have no idea what software their using.
If he uses one pc, then you got a REALLY BAD vps. Do you know who it is and if he's a member of your server?
Old 11/23/2011, 12:21   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaussHacker View Post
If he uses one pc, then you got a REALLY BAD vps. Do you know who it is and if he's a member of your server?
Uhm. Yeah., since it only costs 20$ per month. and they ask for additional 50$ per month for a protection.
Yeah. His name is Gareth Williams on his xat. And i dont think he plays on our server.(maybe works for another server).
Old 11/23/2011, 12:50   #6

What's your chatbox link?
Old 11/23/2011, 12:59   #7

<<-- this is our chatbox's link.
Old 11/23/2011, 17:25   #8

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
He does the rounds on most co private servers just block his ip address in the firewall.
Old 11/23/2011, 19:28   #9

We're dealing with a skid.
Old 11/23/2011, 20:44   #10

255 shells unlucky mate mabey another time owned ? kk sweet :P
I lol'ed so hard when Arco showed me this hahaha.
You sent becky to my chatbox to advertise, so i took action, if u dont like it dont advertise.

Yes i am Gareth btw
Old 11/23/2011, 22:29   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofskeletor View Post
255 shells unlucky mate mabey another time owned ? kk sweet :P
I lol'ed so hard when Arco showed me this hahaha.
You sent becky to my chatbox to advertise, so i took action, if u dont like it dont advertise.

Yes i am Gareth btw
I will advertise in your server, when I'm done. Just to see if you got *****.

255 shells, you gotta be kidding me. 1337 h4x0r these days.
Old 11/24/2011, 00:36   #12

Doubt it my servers offline fail you ******. Waiting for arco to code my new 1, ill keep a low profile and just **** people up

Hard hitting shells too
Old 11/24/2011, 00:38   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofskeletor View Post
Doubt it my servers offline fail you ******. Waiting for arco to code my new 1, ill keep a low profile and just **** people up

Hard hitting shells too
Lol skid. That attitude will not get you long, just saying.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/24/2011, 02:09   #14

@sonofskeletor - Yea i know you're gareth, I somehow traced your account name on epvp before posting this thread. FYI, I didnt ask ppl to advertise our server on another server. My instruction was to "get more players" and becky is now kicked from our server.

@Korvacs - Yeah, I have been blocking IPs. But my problem with this guy (gareth) is that I cant trace his IP because I get kicked from the vps when he attacks.
Old 11/24/2011, 03:35   #15

HOT DAM GARETH THATS LIKE HOLY i should sing the smooth criminal song for you that is awesome how you just sneak in and do stuff sooo pro dude xD hook me up with some lesson aaaaaa would be nice
Closed Thread

Tags
anti-ddos, vps protection, windows 2003 vps attack