Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 02:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Question] The secret behind great gear?

Discussion on [Question] The secret behind great gear? within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question [Question] The secret behind great gear?

Ok now this is a post, and a topic, that i PLEAD you, the reader, do not take lightly. Now some of you may scoff and say "pssht, what a noob", and thats fine also because its pretty true and its been done many times before... BUT... i would like to ask, what is the big "secret" behind getting great gear. Now i say "secret" because whenever i ask an in game "pro" how they got all there gear the usual response is a winky face and thats that.

Now i would like to ask anyone who reads this to write to me however you want weather its in a PM for some reason or just a post on this thread, if you have a well geared character (something along the lines of super +5 2 soc equipment) or are in the making of one, telling me all about your journey of obtaining that gear. I wanna know everything, and i don't care how you did it in the slightest. Weather you bought all the db's or spent many hours merchanting in the market or you botted your way to riches.

I've bought a few cp's, done alot of botting and just started merchanting.. but really im just as lost as i ever was. So any personal stories or guides would be great. Even if it takes a long time just a solid idea to set my sights on would be good. something realistic.

This post has taken me quite some time to finally write up, a decent answer (hopefully more then 1) would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks again.
Falcon

Just a note My current character is a Pure ninja 130-130-121 with the following gear
Ring: +5 Super 1 SDG
Boots: +3 Super
Steed: +4
Left Handed wep: +4 Super 1 SDG (Katana)
Right handed wep: +4 Super 1 SDG (Katana)
Armour: +3 Super 1 SDG
Necky: +3 Super
Earrings: +4 Super
Fan: +3 Super
Tower +3 Super
Old 07/20/2010, 12:57   #2

Just play many hours and/or bulk a bit.
Old 07/20/2010, 15:29   #3

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Most are a combination of methods bu here are the main ways.

bulk
Merchant w/patiance (need loads of cash to start)
Bot (leveling, hunting, mining, farming)
build up over time (lots of ppl been playing for years)
scam ppl (if you are a douche)
share shars/inherit gears from ppl who quit

Basicly everything adds up. Enough time and some luck and you will get there. I played years before I had any 'good' chars. Then I got lucky and made some good trades and ended up making 4 2 socket items in twin city upgrades in a couple weeks. It's a ton of luck and the rest is patience and hard work.

Good luck.
p4n
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/20/2010, 15:56   #4

elite*gold: 106
Received Thanks: 1,164
I got my gear by buying cheap and selling expensive, improved my gear a lot by changing from class to class and selling my gear to buy new class gear, iv had tro(several times), water. fire and archer as main classes.
Old 07/20/2010, 19:03   #5

Received Thanks: 1,431
same as huseby, spent all day in the markets, buy cheap, sell high

oh yea then tq brought out the ninja, then it was just buy cheap socketed srg gears, then wait a few hours, rb and claim super gem and db, then fly back up and claim the next db

oh and then they had that MASSIVE mistake where they made it so u could have unlimited lottery requests, and with speed loot u could get like 10 goes in 10 minutes, and yea, won +8 1hs and ****, and lol then there was that other exploit that we wont mention :P

basically what i came to learn is that amount of time i spent marketing etc wasnt worth it, as in the end tq just ***** over all ur hard work and gives out super socketed bound items now. so yea, just wait for the next big glitch and make sure u take the chronic **** out of it the second you find it
Old 07/20/2010, 21:52   #6

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlax View Post
same as huseby, spent all day in the markets, buy cheap, sell high

oh yea then tq brought out the ninja, then it was just buy cheap socketed srg gears, then wait a few hours, rb and claim super gem and db, then fly back up and claim the next db

oh and then they had that MASSIVE mistake where they made it so u could have unlimited lottery requests, and with speed loot u could get like 10 goes in 10 minutes, and yea, won +8 1hs and shit, and lol then there was that other exploit that we wont mention :P

basically what i came to learn is that amount of time i spent marketing etc wasnt worth it, as in the end tq just fucks over all ur hard work and gives out super socketed bound items now. so yea, just wait for the next big glitch and make sure u take the chronic piss out of it the second you find it
Granted that i did have some.... poorly gained resources... but my character used to be quite damn good and it didn't involve exploit abuse...

Keep in mind this was back before bp/ninja farming and most of the lotto stuff...

2 sock rdg ears
+4 sdg neck
+6 2 sdg -1 atk ring
+5 2sdg -3 tro arm
sdg boots
+5 sdg -5 blade

Now that's rather average i'm sure but at the time it was like 2nd best ring and 3rd best tro arm on server. I made the 2nd sock myself on both as well as bless and such. All it took was marketing and time/luck.

Made 2 sock dex ring, eventualy sold it for +6 sdg ring and a shitload of cash/items, sold them, made the ring 2 sock in tc (this was before drills obv), about 1 bill gold profit in 2 days. Sure it was unlikely but if you play enough, eventualy you'll catch a break.
Old 07/21/2010, 02:50   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlax View Post
and lol then there was that other exploit that we wont mention :P
Gold digger!
Old 07/23/2010, 12:25   #8

you need better talis ^.^
Old 07/26/2010, 23:04   #9

If you want to be a top player now the only way is to buy it. They have added too many things that need cp's to get and they have cut down the ways to get db's to force people to buy them.

The way you play now is so much different than before. I started playing back in CO1 and made the time commitment to make a top archer. It was a lot of time hunting and selling. Slowing building my equipment. Met spamming items for sockets and selling those. I made lots of one socks and made my own 2 sock boots, ring, neck and armor. That's almost impossible to do now. Did some water farming for super gems and db's. Went in with a friend and we had a full 2soc S rainy set for farming. I did all that before I got into botting.

The first botting I did was mining with COTOBO. I used to have 10 miners in the metzone mine 12-14 hours a day. After that I started using SV and traded a few things for 2 soc shield and war armor, put in srg and did a lot of war farming.

When I quit playing last year, I still had about 20 waters at 110 and 25 wars at 120-127 ready to rb. Just never had time to rb them and lvl them back up to 100 so I could take the talis off, so they just sit there.

Back when I started, archer was the most expensive and it took a long time to get great gear. Once BP came out and all the other **** they have now, I hardly ever played my archer. I don't think you could get top gear now without buying CPs from them. I guess if you just want to have decent gear and play the game but not fight or do guild wars you could still do it by playing. But if you want to stand a chance in guild wars, you're gonna have to part with real cash.
Old 07/28/2010, 21:14   #10

elite*gold: 20
COuld just always, Hunt?

o.0 or is that word blasphomy now?
Old 07/30/2010, 10:14   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by _StarScream_ View Post
COuld just always, Hunt?

o.0 or is that word blasphomy now?
It is if you want more then 200bp.
Unless ofcourse you bot 3 archs at minimacs at the same time or something...
Old 08/01/2010, 05:16   #12

hunting gets you no where now days. If you want quality you have to pay, that's the bottom line. and i admit it sucks because most of the kids that play don't really have the money to spend and the people who do have it become huge douches once they obtain power.