Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 16:29

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

urgent moniter help! needed

Discussion on urgent moniter help! needed within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
ok not to long ago but i switched something on my moniter functions and now for some reason

when i go from 1026-765 or something like that
800x600 or 540 x 480 for full screen games

it dont let me it shows the screen but the remaining around around would be black pixels

it looks something like this

the outside around the screen is black but it goes back to normal full screen if i have the highest resulation possible for my laptopp

anyone please tell me how to fix this i need my first person shooter biggest screen possible

even tho i get more fps this way :'( help meeee
Old 06/12/2006, 01:49   #2

Have you changed your monitor settings for screen refresh rate (SRR)? That could have caused the outward black box you're seeing if you upped the SRR. You can probably fix it by checking that your SRR is at 85 hertz or whatever the default is for your monitor.

If that doesn't work, just use the menu buttons of the monitor itself to adjust your screen.

Retarded picture you uploaded btw

Old 06/12/2006, 02:31   #3

i only have 1 option for ssr and its 60 and since its on my laptop i have no menu buttons to adjust size exc and if i do i have no idea where they are located cause there is no fn for them
Old 06/12/2006, 02:32   #4

What Laptop are you using? And is it for your monitor on your laptop or for an external monitor on you laptop VGA port? If external monitor what make is it?
Old 06/12/2006, 02:37   #5

its just the moniter on the laptop nothing external
Old 06/12/2006, 02:39   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by mralexleet@Jun 12 2006, 01:37
its just the moniter on the laptop nothing external
Yes but what make is the laptop?

EDIT:
And model number?
Old 06/12/2006, 02:41   #7

oh lol its a old dell inspiron 1000 lol

256 mb ram

and 30 gig harddrive

only cost like 400 dollors so wth i bought it lol fits all my needs
Old 06/12/2006, 03:00   #8

Ok here is the pdf file you will find handy for your system. you need an acrobat reader to open it. Hope it helps.

Old 06/12/2006, 03:09   #9

lol i hate acrobat reader but if its gonna fix this ill try it tonight thanks for the help and if it works ill give yah some kharma,

ps to everyone else if anyone else has any other ideas while i try this please let me know
Old 06/12/2006, 03:12   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by mralexleet@Jun 12 2006, 02:09
lol i hate acrobat reader but if its gonna fix this ill try it tonight thanks for the help and if it works ill give yah some kharma,

ps to everyone else if anyone else has any other ideas while i try this please let me know
LOL it's the user manual for your Laptop it should help you sort the problem out. After all it doesn't look like a hardware problem just a settings problem.

And the +k would be nice should it help you! LMAO
Old 06/12/2006, 03:15   #11

oh i dident know it was the manual for my moddle i dont have acrobat ready downloaded yet lol so while its downloading and everything else im asking if anyone know anything in the mean time

... dial up :\
Old 06/12/2006, 03:21   #12

Quote:
Originally posted by mralexleet@Jun 12 2006, 02:15
oh i dident know it was the manual for my moddle i dont have acrobat ready downloaded yet lol so while its downloading and everything else im asking if anyone know anything in the mean time

... dial up :\
Well the best thing would be to go back to the settings you used before the problem happened. Then work your way forward until you find the problem comes back.

If it's software you have added there might be a fix on the web some where. It will be the same if it's a driver problem.

From what you have said it's a setting or software issue and not a hardware one so the manual is a good place to start. Then I would goto the DELL website and see if the support pages list your problem. Might be a known issue with that model.

If all that fails PM me. LOL.

Oh and get Broadband!
Old 06/12/2006, 20:58   #13

thank you so much for your help seriously i owe you a huge favior or something thank you
Old 06/12/2006, 22:48   #14

Quote:
Originally posted by mralexleet@Jun 12 2006, 01:40
ok not to long ago but i switched something on my moniter functions and now for some reason

when i go from 1026-765 or something like that
800x600 or 540 x 480 for full screen games

it dont let me it shows the screen but the remaining around around would be black pixels

it looks something like this

the outside around the screen is black but it goes back to normal full screen if i have the highest resulation possible for my laptopp

anyone please tell me how to fix this i need my first person shooter biggest screen possible

even tho i get more fps this way :'( help meeee
what a freak.. u didnt have *** ?
Old 06/12/2006, 22:49   #15

lol sry for dbl