Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 01:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Mining

Discussion on Mining within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
I have decided to post in this section as its the only section where i may ask
questions so plz dont flame..

I was wondering if there is any particular place that is superior than all others for mining gems (im lvl 50). And if so, can u plz provide co-ordinates and info. Also if you
have any mining tips and tricks please feel free to add to this.

Old 04/02/2006, 04:52   #2

Don't ever post which server you play on.
Please Edit your post

Mining = Random
Old 04/02/2006, 04:59   #3

kk... took out my server details..

can i just ask why? what harm can telling people which server i play cause ???

[img]text2schild.php?smilienummer=1&text=nO bEEF. Just Out oF Curiosity' border='0' alt='nO bEEF. Just Out oF Curiosity' />
Old 04/02/2006, 05:01   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by maso69@Apr 2 2006, 04:59
kk... took out my server details..

can i just ask why? what harm can telling people which server i play cause ???

[img]text2schild.php?smilienummer=1&text=nO bEEF. Just Out oF Curiosity' border='0' alt='nO bEEF. Just Out oF Curiosity' />
because TQ and conquer GM's look on these forums and report/ban.
Old 04/02/2006, 05:06   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by Rancid-Milk-Man@Apr 2 2006, 04:52
Don't ever post which server you play on.
Please Edit your post

Mining = Random
Hmmmm i actually have to say there is such thing as mining spots, but it depends on server, mine, floor and even character. The only way to find one is to find one yourself. I found a spot in DC about 2 weeks ago. Ive found 29 normal gems, 8 refs and 5 supers since then with 1 character. I tried a different character there and i found nothing. I wish i found a spot like that in PC or even met zone... but unfortunately its dc and theres no changing that. Today i have found a super violet, ref moon and 3 normals.

So... heres what i say:
Mining spots = random

If you ever find one, its yours and wont work for anyone else or any of your other characters, it may have something to do with random values of your character like level, class, equipment... but all that is just speculation. I have a mining spot and i doubt its random luck, but you never know just do what i do and mine all over the place till you get a good amount of gems from 1 spot. Ive played 2 diff servers and found 2 diff spots, 1 in tc on my old server, 1 in dc on my new server.
Old 04/02/2006, 05:29   #6

thnx alot for d help man.. i followed ur advice 2 mine all over d place nd not just in 1 place and i landed my self a ref-dragon gem in d PK mine....

thnX.
Old 04/02/2006, 05:32   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by maso69@Apr 2 2006, 05:29
thnx alot for d help man.. i followed ur advice 2 mine all over d place nd not just in 1 place and i landed my self a ref-dragon gem in d PK mine....

thnX.
Not bad, gratz man ^_^ I love to help when I can, unfortunate I gots no programming skills :P
Old 04/02/2006, 06:23   #8

I totally agree with you. I had two chars, same level, class, (not equip though, may have something to do with it but doubtful) mining. Same coords, direction facing, and pickaxe hitting ground at same times. One char got 2 norms a dn super volet gem and the other got nothing. They both have pickaxe lvl 7, btw.

So yes, it depends on character too. Mining spots may just be for a person. Don't think too hard about it, just find the spot that is right for you. Many people get frustrated because they can't figure out how the mining system works. Because of this, some people also try to come up with explanations that make sense to them. They think about them so often that they eventually know them as true. That tells us a lot about humans, now doesn't it?
Old 04/02/2006, 06:27   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by Waverunner@Apr 2 2006, 06:23
I totally agree with you. I had two chars, same level, class, (not equip though, may have something to do with it but doubtful) mining. Same coords, direction facing, and pickaxe hitting ground at same times. One char got 2 norms a dn super volet gem and the other got nothing. They both have pickaxe lvl 7, btw.

So yes, it depends on character too. Mining spots may just be for a person. Don't think too hard about it, just find the spot that is right for you. Many people get frustrated because they can't figure out how the mining system works. Because of this, some people also try to come up with explanations that make sense to them. They think about them so often that they eventually know them as true. That tells us a lot about humans, now doesn't it?
We also could be thinking about our lil mining theories so much we believe their true. Maybe that char is just getting a streak of luck at a certain spot and we just believe its a mining spot. All i know, if there is mining spots, its random and theres many different factors that dont translate to diff chars. Believe what you want, whatever works for you.
Old 04/02/2006, 06:31   #10

Exactly.

Whatever works for you.

No one can prove anything about the mining system anyways. Even if they came up with a theory, it would be difficult to prove. Of course you can simulate a similar version on a private server, but it is not constructed the same way.
Old 04/22/2006, 08:29   #11

Best gem I've ever found was a ref violet in dc, kinda bumbed... But I'm still tryin' :? ... I'm in pc as of right now maybe I'll have some luck here
Old 04/22/2006, 10:04   #12

I dunno about the facts but from mining experiences this is what I've found.

I can mine in say (80,90) for about 2 hours and pull out a RefRain and RefDrag for a while and then I'll d/c and stay in that spot and not even get a nrom gem after mining for 3-4 hours. My theory on it: There are spots that have higher chance of refs/supers but after you get the refs/supers there, it stops giving so it's time to move on to a new spot.
Old 06/08/2006, 17:52   #13

I used to get a lot of gems in pc floor 2 in the place where was water and 2 square island in the wall(dont even try to understand )but i think you get best that mine in one place with one char,when you get gem,just rotate the char...you have to mine like every day if you want to get. if you come back few days later you wont get anything. i got lots of ref draggies this way. it might just be luck.