Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 02:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

error log

Discussion on error log within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Can someone help me find the error log, like what im mean is i want to find the file that contains the phrases of "wrong password" or " Server is down" thoes type of things. How do I find that.
Old 08/31/2005, 17:06   #2

most likely to be in StrRes.ini if anything

not sure though, could even be a picture file...or posibly built into the exe itself or a resource file

*Edit:

Why do you want to know anyway? just out of curiosity
Old 09/01/2005, 02:20   #3

No Hojo's right, seach SrtRes.ini its in there.
Old 09/01/2005, 04:08   #4

I was checking if i could edit or delete the phrases, from the ini folder to do the following: edit money needed to buy certain items, delete "account has been banned" script to recover a banned account or log on it without any error messages.
Old 09/01/2005, 04:12   #5

not exactly sure if this will effect in server side or client side, it's worth a try.
Old 09/01/2005, 06:52   #6

No. Any missing lines in the INI files as long as its not a graphical INI, will simply result in it saying "ERROR" in all caps.
Old 09/01/2005, 10:54   #7

The strings are there just in order to help the user at knowing what's going on in the Conquer Online code. If you delete or change a string the code will still run equal, but might show you the wrong message or no message(/ERROR) at all if you delete it.
Old 09/01/2005, 11:09   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by osmanrulz@Sep 1 2005, 04:08
I was checking if i could edit or delete the phrases, from the ini folder to do the following: edit money needed to buy certain items, delete "account has been banned" script to recover a banned account or log on it without any error messages.
That wont do anything, eg, if you change the banning message to "Account Ok"
If your account got banned it woulkd just display "Account Ok"

Its client side...VERY client side
Old 09/02/2005, 00:04   #9

***, too bad, but how can i remove that error message that keeps poping up, could some of the errors be found in conquer.exe, if I dragged that to a hex editor and found say "wrong password" or "this account has been banned", if it was there, would it by pass all that and let me into the account without the interuptions of error messages?
Old 09/02/2005, 00:06   #10

i wonder if it these strings could be found in conquer.exe in the first place
Old 09/02/2005, 00:35   #11

Quote:
Originally posted by osmanrulz@Sep 2 2005, 00:04
***, too bad, but how can i remove that error message that keeps poping up, could some of the errors be found in conquer.exe, if I dragged that to a hex editor and found say "wrong password" or "this account has been banned", if it was there, would it by pass all that and let me into the account without the interuptions of error messages?
Nope the server will realise you are marked as banned and will not let you play.
There is still a chance though for you banned people to be able to play with a banned account, I will check it out tomorrow. (Don't expect too much)
Old 09/02/2005, 15:28   #12

ok :P