Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 15:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

StrRes.ini

Discussion on StrRes.ini within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Sometimes I like looking through the files and read them. I found these + more but these ones mainly (In the StrRes.ini)

Quote:
10447=Maximum items in the oven!
10448=It has been put into the oven!
10449=The item can't be crafted!
10457=Relieve 2% damage
10458=Relieve 4% damage
10459=Relieve 6% damage
I guess the relieve damage is the turtle gem or whatever its called

Also in the file are these sorts of lines "100133=Look! %d %d %d, %d! Big!"

Thats obviosly from gambling but the variables '%d' are all the same, I dont get it. In a batch file thats how variables are displayed but there all the same letter, so say if runs a random process to detemain what dice face is rolled eg:

Code:
Dim I As Integer
Dim Dice As Integer
For I = 1 to 3 'Runs 3 times for all the %d variables, not including the one after the ","
Randomize
Dice = Int(Rnd *6) +1
'Calls the information from the text file, stores it to a temp string variable
'Replaces %d with dice
Dice = " " 'Clears Dice variable
next 'Back to start of loop unless its finished
Anyways, you should get what im trying to say, Do you think its posible to use the StrRes.ini variables in another application. Eg Health check rather then defeating DMA just read off the %d variable.

Anyways, Just an Idea
Old 08/18/2005, 14:27   #2

while i'm not familiar with co client internals...

remember that in C you say:

printf("first number: %d, 2nd number %d, 3rd number %d", a, b, c);

where a b c are numbers (preferable ints since %d but not obligatory) and %d is just "where they are placed so the output would be: (if a=10, b=20, c=30)

1st numer: 10, 2nd number: 20, 3rd number: 30

might be same in co. just indicator that numeric value is passed as parameter. hell knows how to refer to those. perhaps array of parameters that is accessed in strings.

for tiny fuge (that has no arrays implemented) i created lib that implements them. you adress by name_X_Y instead of name[X,Y] or even *** ol name[x][y]

//me
just my 0cent worth
Old 08/18/2005, 16:53   #3

Quote:
Originally posted by blux@Aug 18 2005, 14:27
while i'm not familiar with co client internals...

remember that in C you say:

printf("first number: %d, 2nd number %d, 3rd number %d", a, b, c);

where a b c are numbers (preferable ints since %d but not obligatory) and %d is just "where they are placed so the output would be: (if a=10, b=20, c=30)

1st numer: 10, 2nd number: 20, 3rd number: 30

might be same in co. just indicator that numeric value is passed as parameter. hell knows how to refer to those. perhaps array of parameters that is accessed in strings.

for tiny fuge (that has no arrays implemented) i created lib that implements them. you adress by name_X_Y instead of name[X,Y] or even *** ol name[x][y]

//me
just my 0cent worth
WEll CO Is made in C and i dont know C so your probly right, now just to find a way to read them...
Old 08/19/2005, 11:24   #4

this wouldent do any good since the out doesent come until after final bets are made
Old 08/19/2005, 13:03   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by No_messiah@Aug 19 2005, 11:24
this wouldent do any good since the out doesent come until after final bets are made
No, I meant to read health, not the gambling results
Old 08/19/2005, 13:19   #6

rofl ic ic sry about that post then but why not read the health from the memmory with the deafeated dma? i mean its gotta be faster to chek it there then in the file cause you would have open, read and close rather then just chekking a mem adress?
Old 08/19/2005, 16:23   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by No_messiah@Aug 19 2005, 13:19
rofl ic ic sry about that post then but why not read the health from the memmory with the deafeated dma? i mean its gotta be faster to chek it there then in the file cause you would have open, read and close rather then just chekking a mem adress?
Maybe...but it would be easyer then defeating the DMA
Closed Thread