Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 18:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Texture Modding Is It Bad

Discussion on Texture Modding Is It Bad within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation Texture Modding Is It Bad

i Just want to know if u can get botjailed or caught for changing your textures in c3
Old 06/25/2011, 01:39   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Not unless you post screenies of it.

Mods are pointless and rather impossible for tq to check for.They would have to scan a 1gig + install every time it's run and then compare it vs default values AND update that every patch... it's simply not feasible.

Last I checked they check the file info on conquer.exe and MIGHT scan for running processes but anything past that and their 'protection' would literally be considered a virus by almost any definition you can think of.

Hell... if they even report the running processes they could get in trouble which is why iirc it's sort of a trigger to send a botcheck packet so the actual data doesn't leave your computer but rather just says "hey, something is running that shouldn't be". Or at least that's how I seem to remember it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/25/2011, 01:41   #3

elite*gold: 0
i see so i will start changing my textures soon then thanks man