Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Cabal Online > Cabal Private Server
You last visited: Today at 03:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Ready-to-run CABAL Server (CentOS 4.7 With installed CABAL Server).

Discussion on Ready-to-run CABAL Server (CentOS 4.7 With installed CABAL Server). within the Cabal Private Server forum part of the Cabal Online category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Ready-to-run CABAL Server (CentOS 4.7 With installed CABAL Server).

Original Author: dordort
This is NOT mine.

[...]

I am publishing the files, as I said.

Because the rules of the forum, I only publishes the CentOS side. It means that what left for you to do is configure the SQL Server on the windows side. the CentOS is ready to connect.

*Note: This is a test version, i mean the version of the server repack. the server files that installed in this copy of CentOS 4.7 its a new test version from chumpy, Repack 2.5 . in this repack version there's a few changes, that not thoroughly tested. report us for any kind of bug.

*Note: Something that i didn't write in the readme, if you are using a cable modem and not DSL for make the CentOS connect properly to the internet make sure that the "VMware Network Adapter VMnet8" Internet Adapter is enabled (powered up), use DHCP auto configuration in the CentOS (in the first step after the centos powered up at the first time), and change in VMware the virtual internet adapter configurations from "Bridged Connection" to "NAT". then you can refresh the network configurations without reboot the CentOS by the command: "service network reload". then for check the CentOS lan ip use the command "ifconfig".

------------
readme file:
------------

Quote:
=====================================
Created by dordort

The virtual disk file created by VMware Workstation 6.0.2, you can get it from VMware official site - , but serial key is needed during the installation.

The included "Other.vmx" file is the configurations file, if you are using VMware Workstation you just need to extract the files, put "Other.vmx" and "CentOS4.vmdk" in new same directory and open Other.vmx with VMware Workstation by double click this file. then you will see all the settings exactly how i made it, and the virtual machine is ready to start. now right click on the "CentOS-4.7" tab and press "Add to Favorites". (Anyway if you are going to import only the vmdk file directly without the configuration file in the same directory make sure that you create a Workstation 5 Hardware compatibility by press Custom after you pressed "File ----> New ----> Virtual Machine...", and when it ask you for chose operation system name chose "Other ----> Other".

If you are using another software like the free "VMware Server" or "VMware Player" just import it from the software menu.

*If you are going to change the "CentOS4.vmdk" file name, make sure that you edit with notepad the "Other.vmx" file and change to the new file name in the line: ide0:0.fileName = "CentOS4.vmdk". same for display name, just change this line: displayName = "CentOS-4.7".

Okay so now when the virtual machine is ready to start you may first time power it up.

First time you will see this screen: Welcome to Kudzu, Press any key to continue. CentOS will boot normally if you wait 30 seconds, but then at the next reboot you will see this screen again and again.

So do not wait! Press enter. now it asking you something, you got 3 options to chose, press on the left. (Remove Configuration).

Now you got more 3 options to chose, press again on the left one. (Configure). Now you have to configure your CentOS Lan IP, for example: if your windows lan ip is 10.0.0.1 then write in "IP address:" 10.0.0.2. if your windows lan ip is 192.168.2.1 then write 192.168.2.2. The Netmask is generate automaticlly and the same with the gateway and nameserver when you stand on it. you can erase the values and write yours if needed. if you are not sure about this press "Space" key when standing on "Use dynamic ip configuration (BOOTP/DHCP)" and the CentOS will look automaticlly for avaliable IP address from your router DHCP. you can anytime change this settings by writing the command "setup" in the commands console, and chose Network configuration.

By the way, the CentOS is already configured for minimal services, i already removed all the possible unneeded services.

*Thanks chumpywumpy for the cabal server files repack 2.5, that used by this CentOS copy.

*The CentOS is configured for bridged connection, so you can disable the internet adapters that created by VMware Workstation with names "VMware Network Adapter VMnet1" and "VMware Network Adapter VMnet8". Do not delete them, just disable them off.

So now after the CentOS started properly, its time to configure the server files. connect to CentOS with Putty or just use the CentOS itself, with the user "root" and password "cabalserver". change the root password to yours by the command "passwd root". do the same for the user "cabal". (passwd cabal). now type twice your new CentOS password.

Note: I already installed the cabal server files, the only thing you need to do is first configure the server files. follow this:

Type "/home/cabal/cabal_config.sh" and press enter. follow the questions and type your choses. the [x] means that is the default chose. now the CentOS is ready to start the cabal server.

I didn't added something "extra" exept mrmagoo (Chumpy) Server repack. if you want to install the auto dynamic WAN IP config updater, follow this thread:

The "wan_check.sh" file is already putted in "/home/cabal/" directory and it already set with Chmod 0777 and ready to run.

If you followed all the guide, and setted up the configs with cabal_config.sh, so the server is 100% ready to start.

Note: if you are using a router dont forget to forward ports 30000-40000 TCP/UDP (Both) --->>For the CentOS Lan IP<<--- and is recommended to disable/uncheck the router Firewall (SPI).

If you done all this and you still cant connect check your windows side, i mean the SQL Server configurations.

Don't forget that the cabal server cannot listen to lan and wan both, if you set the CentOS lan ip (when the cabal_config.sh script asked you) so only players from your lan can enter the channel, if you put the WAN ip (whatismyip.com) so only WAN players be able to connect. i never tested it because im using a router, but some of the modems will let you to play (if you are connected without router) when setting the WAN ip in config.

*Remember that the Server files now use SAUR0N's client synch data. (For the english client.)

*Tip: for reboot the CentOS, use the command "reboot".

That's all guys, good luck.

Created by dordort

Its important to read every step for make it work properly.

*Note: Use the same password for the user "root" and "cabal" when change.

*Note: for make the CentOS power up automaticlly when windows up do the following thing:

Open the registry editor, Start ---- > Run... ---- > Type regedit. Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run\. Right click in the right white place, New ---- > String Value. Type any name, and put this in "Value data":

Quote:
"C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmware.exe" -x "C:\CentOS-4.7\Other.vmx"
Change "C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmware.exe" and "C:\CentOS-4.7\Other.vmx" to your correct places.

By the way, to make it run a multiple machines:

Quote:
"C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmware.exe" -x "C:\CentOS-4.7\Other.vmx" "C:\CentOS-4.7-2\Other.vmx" "C:\CentOS-4.7-3\Other.vmx"
And etc....

Reboot your windows and see the results.

------------
Downloads:
------------

CentOS_4.7_with_installed_Cabal_Server.7z: ||Size: 278MB||

Mirror:

Video_Guide.7z: ||Size: 1.53MB|| (Only the video guide and readme file).

Mirror:

Mirror #2:

#################
Password: cabalserver
#################

Yours,
Dor.
Thanks
6 Users
Old 05/04/2009, 15:23   #2

elite*gold: 1700
Received Thanks: 1,114
was muss man den hier noch endern damit der server geht
Old 05/08/2009, 14:53   #3

elite*gold: 0
Okay, I did everything that was in the video/readme. (Very thorough by the way so thanks to whoever) I think I have a server running? It's just a test server though. Anyway, can someone direct me where to go from here? I'm not sure what else I need. Especially along the lines of somewhere to get a patcher or something. Just a general guideline as to what I need to do would be Wonderful. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 05/09/2009, 13:45   #4

Ist das für einen Online oder einen Offline server?
Old 05/12/2009, 15:46   #5

chrome can u upload the centos 4.7 at megaupload or filefactory?
i cant download from bodango = plz wait zzzz till i sleep..
n rapid slow like hell 4.5kb/s .. its 278mb .. sure stuck at the middle..
thanx
Old 05/17/2009, 11:07   #6

okay ive gone thru all the steps in the vids, but i still dont know how to register my account once ive run the server =(
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/08/2009, 10:21   #7

where i find the cabal_conifg.sh?? helpp plss
Old 06/08/2009, 10:26   #8

ohh sryy i have found xD but where i become a myssql ip?
Old 06/08/2009, 10:48   #9

stop double posting.
- The mysql ip is the ip of the machine the Mysql is running on (windows)
Old 06/08/2009, 10:59   #10

ok i have centus and vmware finish what i musst do now?
Old 06/08/2009, 11:14   #11

try and follow the guide. if you can't do it, you won't be able to administrate a server anyway (resolving bugs and stuff)
Old 06/08/2009, 11:49   #12

where i dowload the client for my server and the update? centos is redy and more?
Old 06/18/2009, 23:40   #13

what client version do i need for this ?
Old 07/17/2009, 06:11   #14

Exclamation Help needed.

Hi can i ask?

the server is up & running, thank you very much for the guide :]
but which client version are users supposed to use?
and how am i supposed to direct the client to connect to my server?

someone please help and thank you in advance :D
Old 07/21/2009, 02:38   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaborg21 View Post
what client version do i need for this ?
# Client version to accept (22|1262)
# - Only if IgnoreClientVersion is 0
client_version=22
Closed Thread