Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Black Desert
You last visited: Today at 21:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Black Desert Lag Switch

Discussion on Black Desert Lag Switch within the Black Desert forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Black Desert Lag Switch

I wanted your guys thoughts on this. It could be complete bs but of course i want it to be true.

For those who don't want to read the reddit this guy basically recreated what looks like a lag switch in a controlled environment with his guild. Also i apologize if I'm not allowed to post links or videos. If so ill remove both.

Tested it my self a bit by software lag switching if you will and had no luck. As soon as you cut out the connection between BDO and your internet it kicks you. Tried the firewall method and used a few programs to no avail. Considering making an actual lag switch to test it but before i go cutting into any wires i wanted to hear your guys thoughts on this.

Another reason I'm interested too is because people use to dupe via lag allegedly in the early days. They would transfer an item from Heidel to Veila for example during a server lag spike and it would dupe the item. Apparently this also worked for duping an item on the MP. Post it mid lag and it would sometimes dupe the item by posting one and leaving one in your inventory. I was hoping to try and replicate this with a lag switch. A lot of information use to be stored client side before pyx as a few of us know. Till now legend still says some stuff is client side, But of course i don't know jack ****, Just what i hear. A lot of us who have 0 knowledge on coding have no chance of recoding the old UCE in hopes of testing stuff out. So a lag switch is something an ape could make, So i fit the criteria. Anyways, I want to hear your guys thoughts.
Old 02/16/2017, 09:10   #2

elite*gold: 100
Hey, I read this first on the forum but I was not able to remember the thread title.
Old 02/16/2017, 09:23   #3

Here is the Reddit link if that's what you meant.

What are your thoughts on this? I know you code stuff, Any insight?

Also heres an old blog post a few months after the games release regarding the dupe.

EDIT:

Re-read what you said, Was doing a boss, lol. Well, If you ever remember the name of the thread please drop the link here
Old 02/16/2017, 10:01   #4

Afaik, the dupe was possible but Ive read somewhere that Kakao changed the internal workings of the game. This includes the new packet encryption. The changes was applied probably after Kakao obtained the rights to stop Pyx Bot.

As for Lag Switch, its possible but Im not too knowledgeable in this field.
Afaik, lag switches works 50% at most when at FPS games but I havent heard much about it on MMORPGS.
But usually, when it lags in your end you'll just appear standing in 1 point from the view of other players.

On client editing/memory editing, its possible to do a 1 hit hack in most MMORPG.
Here's a sample of someone 1 hit hacking on a game.

Edit:
There's also a way to do 1 hit hacking using Packet manipulation.
Look for MuPie a very very old 1 hit hacking packet tool I used to use almost 15yrs ago. lmao
Old 02/16/2017, 10:51   #5

Good old Mu, Definitely going to try Mu Legend when it comes out. I've heard of lag switches being used in ESO, Never ran into it my self though. There are a few videos of it on youtube I've seen since looking into this so it is apparently possible to do. With BDO every time i blocked my connection through the firewall I'd instantly get kicked though. tried some other software that would send UDP packets with garbage data to flood my network but i had no luck with that either. Software i used was probably not strong enough. It barely slowed down Twitch streams. I think ill find an old Ethernet cord and splice it with a light switch for an on and off to see how that works out.
Old 02/16/2017, 13:27   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by killzone View Post
Afaik, the dupe was possible but Ive read somewhere that Kakao changed the internal workings of the game. This includes the new packet encryption. The changes was applied probably after Kakao obtained the rights to stop Pyx Bot.

As for Lag Switch, its possible but Im not too knowledgeable in this field.
Afaik, lag switches works 50% at most when at FPS games but I havent heard much about it on MMORPGS.
But usually, when it lags in your end you'll just appear standing in 1 point from the view of other players.

On client editing/memory editing, its possible to do a 1 hit hack in most MMORPG.
Here's a sample of someone 1 hit hacking on a game.

Edit:
There's also a way to do 1 hit hacking using Packet manipulation.
Look for MuPie a very very old 1 hit hacking packet tool I used to use almost 15yrs ago. lmao
Hahaha me too MU online )
Old 02/16/2017, 13:35   #7

1. Launch DDOS and lag the server
2. Start your duping exploit
3. Profit.

It worked in old mmo games, not idea whether it will work in black desert.
Old 02/16/2017, 14:49   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by meymeygila View Post
1. Launch DDOS and lag the server
2. Start your duping exploit
3. Profit.

It worked in old mmo games, not idea whether it will work in black desert.
MMOServers nowadays are heavily protected against DDOS.
Although its not 100% solution but it gets the job done to prevent skiddies from doing so.