Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Battle of the Immortals
You last visited: Today at 16:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

BOI/WOI Servers [NEW]

Discussion on BOI/WOI Servers [NEW] within the Battle of the Immortals forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old 03/01/2013, 16:06   #196

elite*gold: 0
Not sure if it is ok to make suggestions in this thread but anyway.
Would be nice if there is some sort of shop where players can buy some rare items with a shitload of coins(lets say lv4 gems, mounts....) that way non-donating players can obtain some rare stuff without donating and at the same time coins will be worth more.
Old 03/01/2013, 16:07   #197

He's not doing the website and front end work. Im not sure if im allowed to say who is, but he is not.

He might just be setting up the infrastructure for the server. Ya know? getting servers, setting up payment gateways, et al

vendi, honestly speaking, the stuff on Evo marketplace was fairly priced. I mean there was nothing you couldn buy with the daily dose of free zen.

Mounts, fashion, etc doesnt really REALLY matter in end game (lil bit maybe, sure) so that was kept free. I thought it was a nice touch.

BUT, coins will never be prevalent currency in a game where there is a concept of bought currency. pound for pound, zen is worth more than an equal amount of coin, so its just easier to deal with small amounts of zen, than large amounts of coin.

I too want the game to make it possible for EVERYONE to get powerful, whether donator or not, but that is a noble idea and very VERY hard to bring to reality
Old 03/01/2013, 16:24   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja View Post
He's not doing the website and front end work. Im not sure if im allowed to say who is, but he is not.

He might just be setting up the infrastructure for the server. Ya know? getting servers, setting up payment gateways, et al

vendi, honestly speaking, the stuff on Evo marketplace was fairly priced. I mean there was nothing you couldn buy with the daily dose of free zen.

Mounts, fashion, etc doesnt really REALLY matter in end game (lil bit maybe, sure) so that was kept free. I thought it was a nice touch.

BUT, coins will never be prevalent currency in a game where there is a concept of bought currency. pound for pound, zen is worth more than an equal amount of coin, so its just easier to deal with small amounts of zen, than large amounts of coin.

I too want the game to make it possible for EVERYONE to get powerful, whether donator or not, but that is a noble idea and very VERY hard to bring to reality
How about a shop that selling things from zen-marketplace for a fix-able ammount of coins!
Which mean the price can change over time due to, the vote of the players(Raise it over time so they can spend huge amount of coins on it)!
Old 03/01/2013, 16:29   #199

thats actually a good idea. BUT see zen prices keep changing. sooooo lets say lvl 4 gem chest is 1mil coins in coin shop

and 250,000 zen in zen shop. that ratio of zen sticks (4 coins to 1 zen). unless the GM's keep changing the costs in coin shop, that ratio sticks. that means the zen cannot ever go beyond that cost, (people might as well buy it from coins shop) which would lead to the economy failing (cos no one will buy zen, or even bother)
Old 03/01/2013, 16:40   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja View Post
thats actually a good idea. BUT see zen prices keep changing. sooooo lets say lvl 4 gem chest is 1mil coins in coin shop

and 250,000 zen in zen shop. that ratio of zen sticks (4 coins to 1 zen). unless the GM's keep changing the costs in coin shop, that ratio sticks. that means the zen cannot ever go beyond that cost, (people might as well buy it from coins shop) which would lead to the economy failing (cos no one will buy zen, or even bother)
Easy, make something worthy on the bonus shop!
So, they acept the lost on buying zen to gain bonus!
And beside that, zen-eco is full of risk so i think it would better if we use coin-eco!
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/01/2013, 16:46   #201

The reason I usually don't want to add anything major to the Bonus shop is because that is basically a broken shop. I mean think about it:

New Fresh server, someone posts their inductee Code first, before anyone else, and therefor gets 100+ Inductees. What happens? These players spend all their Daily ZEN (30k * 100 = 3000000 ZEN), the Inductor then gets a lot of bonus, that he can genuinely spend on the said overpowered items in the bonus shop, bringing him to the top. I've seen it happen countless times on many other servers, and I wouldn't like to see it happen on something run by me.

I personally believe that the amount of Salary given to a user for "recruiting" (having people use your inductor code) is well enough of a reward for doing so, rather that offering an overpowered shop for it. It does already consist of some things, that can be considered useful.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 03/01/2013, 16:51   #202

But in the end it boils down to being a zen dominated economy. Unfortunately as menoz said, there are work arounds to everything. You do something good for one demo of players, someone comes along and monazites it .... collapse.

Its not just the point that menoz said (first come first to power) but its also that people will try to make alts and make them spend zen (sometimes by claiming free zen on all of them, there are loads of work arounds) voilda, **** loads of bonus.
Old 03/01/2013, 17:32   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRaz0r View Post
The reason I usually don't want to add anything major to the Bonus shop is because that is basically a broken shop. I mean think about it:

New Fresh server, someone posts their inductee Code first, before anyone else, and therefor gets 100+ Inductees. What happens? These players spend all their Daily ZEN (30k * 100 = 3000000 ZEN), the Inductor then gets a lot of bonus, that he can genuinely spend on the said overpowered items in the bonus shop, bringing him to the top. I've seen it happen countless times on many other servers, and I wouldn't like to see it happen on something run by me.

I personally believe that the amount of Salary given to a user for "recruiting" (having people use your inductor code) is well enough of a reward for doing so, rather that offering an overpowered shop for it. It does already consist of some things, that can be considered useful.
I had 250 inductees
Old 03/01/2013, 17:39   #204

what about removing gem coins from bonus, credit and salary market, replace with dyana box customized (remove gem chests and replace with gem coins) and then remove the dyana box from zen shop

it would be a smaller benefit for the donators, closing the "gap" between non donators and "big" donators, the reason i say gem coins instead of chests is that way it wont be abusable

why remove dyanas from gem shop? cos most i did on evo was spam dyana - make gem - sell gem - spam dyana - make gem - sell gem... would be a way to make instances more interesting as you cant get gems easy from this box
Old 03/01/2013, 17:55   #205

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by joksa969 View Post
I had 250 inductees
Now you have 0 ))))
Don't forget to hit THANKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyz View Post
what about removing gem coins from bonus, credit and salary market, replace with dyana box customized (remove gem chests and replace with gem coins) and then remove the dyana box from zen shop

it would be a smaller benefit for the donators, closing the "gap" between non donators and "big" donators, the reason i say gem coins instead of chests is that way it wont be abusable

why remove dyanas from gem shop? cos most i did on evo was spam dyana - make gem - sell gem - spam dyana - make gem - sell gem... would be a way to make instances more interesting as you cant get gems easy from this box
Basically you wanna take from US PLAYERS the fun of AFK 15 hours/day on shops selling gems and spend 5 more hours opening/combining on alts or main Dyana's/Gems rather than doing events?
All i can say is : FCK INSTANCES - EVENTS we need Dyana's not playing!!! actually maybe 1 % of players have time to play instances /events but trust me 99% of players on the new server won't have time they have other things better to do in-game/real life
We all prefer Dyana's open/combine gems etc rather than doins instances/events and i bet many agree that so Dyana's shoud be there and i can say for 25 zen/each not 50 like in Shijie's because we will receive less zen than there we surely won't receive 30 k zen/day instead we will get like 5 k /day so a discount on Dyana's boxes would be great 20-25 zen each max
Thumbs up for me and don't forget to hit THANKS

Sorry for edit i came up with an great ideea for Menoz:
like the useless chests of exp/forty crystals the ones that drop from mobs randomly can you add please into Dyana's EXP gain like 100k-1 mil exp randomly between those values (10 k provides the crap chests that are random in game drop so is useless 1kk + exp would be great since at 150+ lvl you need bilions of exp so it won't hurt much and won't unbalance the server) each time we open a dyana's box we receive besides the useless craps and precious gem chests some average exp
that way we won't have to do the instances that 1 % of players want to do each day so we can AFK more on Dyana's
I would love to skip ALL EVENTS and open Dyana's whyle same time gain more exp from that than the noobs that do events/instances each day seriously Vote for my ideea

And don't forget to hit Thanks
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/01/2013, 18:15   #206

so basically what you are saying is.... zenners dont need to grind for items OR exp?! dude. come on. they will just open a **** load of dyanas and pass us all
Old 03/01/2013, 18:26   #207

You don't want anyway of purchasing gems, apart from doing events/instances, zenners can't become OP within 1 day of ZEN coming out, and players who don't donate still have some control over the server, instead of it being run by ZEN'rs.

Another option is cap the price ZEN can be sold at, or have a constant amount of ZEN for sale for coins, if that's possible, I don't know.

You don't want this server to become a boring server within 3 weeks of opening, that's what will happen.. The best part of BOI was the initial PVP for ashura's for oracle frags, guild wars at the bosses and lots of active PK. If you get OP zenners coming and ruining that for others you have less fun/not as much PK.

And please don't say I hate ZEN'rs.. I donated on all servers expect Shijie because he was a noob.
Old 03/01/2013, 18:27   #208

One suggestion, remove dyana box from shop.
Old 03/01/2013, 18:29   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabiutza View Post
Now you have 0 ))))
Don't forget to hit THANKS

Basically you wanna take from US PLAYERS the fun of AFK 15 hours/day on shops selling gems and spend 5 more hours opening/combining on alts or main Dyana's/Gems rather than doing events?
All i can say is : FCK INSTANCES - EVENTS we need Dyana's not playing!!! actually maybe 1 % of players have time to play instances /events but trust me 99% of players on the new server won't have time they have other things better to do in-game/real life
We all prefer Dyana's open/combine gems etc rather than doins instances/events and i bet many agree that so Dyana's shoud be there and i can say for 25 zen/each not 50 like in Shijie's because we will receive less zen than there we surely won't receive 30 k zen/day instead we will get like 5 k /day so a discount on Dyana's boxes would be great 20-25 zen each max
Thumbs up for me and don't forget to hit THANKS

Sorry for edit i came up with an great ideea for Menoz:
like the useless chests of exp/forty crystals the ones that drop from mobs randomly can you add please into Dyana's EXP gain like 100k-1 mil exp randomly between those values (10 k provides the crap chests that are random in game drop so is useless 1kk + exp would be great since at 150+ lvl you need bilions of exp so it won't hurt much and won't unbalance the server) each time we open a dyana's box we receive besides the useless craps and precious gem chests some average exp
that way we won't have to do the instances that 1 % of players want to do each day so we can AFK more on Dyana's
I would love to skip ALL EVENTS and open Dyana's whyle same time gain more exp from that than the noobs that do events/instances each day seriously Vote for my ideea

And don't forget to hit Thanks
Actaully we will recieve 30kz/day.And NO,I prefer doing DI/FD/Tob for 300kk+ exp a day instead opening Dyanas.Plus if you want gems,you open Shuras for salary and then you buy Gem Coins.I am not saying that your idea isn't good(I do not agree with the instances part),but its nor good.And actually the "fun" in afking 15hrs/day is grinding Olymp and get Zen packs for more salary.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/01/2013, 18:29   #210

You don't want any form of Gems from ZEN shop, salary shop, bonus shop, credit shop.. Only from events.
Closed Thread